No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't say that, you'll have to see it with your own eyes when it's done... if you can spot it in one of the backgrounds.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Is it one you already posted on Twitter/Facebook or in your RE: Ark Thompson Edition? You going to really have me do some homework? So cruel.

Comment

• It's not Regina, midget Gail, or Mister Raptor. I'll just say it's something that makes sense in GS, something that simply doesn't exist because TOSE used a wonky placeholder instead.
        Last edited by Gemini; 06-09-2014, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Well, surely it isn't a dinosaur. My guess is it's a weapon of some sort?

Comment

• Or ammo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              I won't say that, you'll have to see it with your own eyes when it's done... if you can spot it in one of the backgrounds.
              I hope it's Edward Kirk, making a cameo appearance by being mutilated by the monsters in the background.

Comment

• I actually have Kirk ripped, along with a ton stuff from DC1&2 (format's almost the same, tho DC2 is less bloated). You will see what Sonic and I are planning in due time. For now I can finally take a break from documenting model formats.
                Last edited by Gemini; 06-10-2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Damn it I want the models.

Do you plan on releasing any of these?

Comment

• I was almost tempted to, but last time I did something like that all I received in return was people grab my data, produce crap and claim exclusive credit for it (yup, I'm talking about that partial BH2 Sourcenext English patch). This time I'll kindly raise the white flag and say "I'll pass". The sole reason why I wrote converters in the last few days was for the sake of this project and nothing more - they aren't even a separate user application.

[EDIT] Back to the engine:

Event triggers are starting to work (check out the message in the bottom corner) and I'm done implementing them as static entries rather than just event driven. Doors transitions should be on their way, too.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 06-10-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Aw well that's a shame, sorry for my ignorance but I have no idea what your talking about when it comes to this English patch thing. I try and stay out of the RE community drama for the most part so I'm an outsider when it comes to stuff like that. Most people like to take sides and I'd rather remain neutral if possible. Anyways let's stop talking about this now, I'd rather discuss the mod.

Comment

• This is amazing stuff, Gemini.

Words can't express how excited I am to play a traditional RE again; your enthusiasm + Scope + Skills = Gold.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• I still cannot believe there is a homebrew project of this caliber on post 16 bit consoles. Unreal. Thanks for your hard work

And before I forget: my body is still ready for it.
                          Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

I was almost tempted to, but last time I did something like that all I received in return was people grab my data, produce crap and claim exclusive credit for it (yup, I'm talking about that partial BH2 Sourcenext English patch). This time I'll kindly raise the white flag and say "I'll pass". The sole reason why I wrote converters in the last few days was for the sake of this project and nothing more - they aren't even a separate user application.

[EDIT] Back to the engine:

Event triggers are starting to work (check out the message in the bottom corner) and I'm done implementing them as static entries rather than just event driven. Doors transitions should be on their way, too.
                            Would you mind going into a little bit of detail on what the messages mean and how the event triggers function?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                              Would you mind going into a little bit of detail on what the messages mean and how the event triggers function?
                              A picture should explain better than all the words in the world:

Step on a special box, hit confirm, get the message. Otherwise there's also the auto-activating trigger type, which works the same, but checks under Ark's feet. The butt-knob sentence is just what that box does in that particular case, otherwise it's a door, event, etc.

Comment

A picture should explain better than all the words in the world:

Step on a special box, hit confirm, get the message. Otherwise there's also the auto-activating trigger type, which works the same, but checks under Ark's feet. The butt-knob sentence is just what that box does in that particular case, otherwise it's a door, event, etc.
                                I see, so you've created the trigger which activates whatever function you desire? Since in Gun Survivor activates messages when you walk into the door, are you keeping this trigger style? Or reverting back to the traditional button activation?

Comment

Working...
                                X