No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have a power rangers costume? Just for the hell of it, maybe even add a blaster?

Comment

• Gemini, I have a suggestion for the mansion. I think it'd be a cool nod to the other games if the mansion is designed more like the one from remake, with similar lighting and setting. In addition some rooms will look like those from the other games.

So regarding the core engine, with this allow the game to do far more than what the previous RE games were capable of? Like having all the features of RE4 (quick knife, quick reload, quick turn)?
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-28-2014, 07:49 PM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
        MY BODY IS READY.
        (also what's your twitter id chap?)
        It's in the BODY of my signature.

Originally posted by Drake View Post
        Can we have a power rangers costume? Just for the hell of it, maybe even add a blaster?
        Power rangers not, but I have a far worse easter egg modeled already and usable as an unconventional weapon. Maybe an outfit to go along with it, too.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
        So regarding the core engine, with this allow the game to do far more than what the previous RE games were capable of? Like having all the features of RE4 (quick knife, quick reload, quick turn)?
        The new CD-Rom code provides a completely different kind of optimizations, but all those features you mentioned are currently doable (quick turn has been there from day 1), except for maybe quick knifing since it requires extra animations and those come pricey in terms of memory (it shouldn't anymore when I move to the new format planned).
        Last edited by Gemini; 06-29-2014, 06:55 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          Power rangers not, but I have a far worse easter egg modeled already and usable as an unconventional weapon. Maybe an outfit to go along with it, too.
          Is Ark going to be shooting laser beams out of his eyes?

BioHazard YouTube Channel
          BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
            Is Ark going to be shooting laser beams out of his eyes?
            It's far worse than that. It's not Heather's Heart Beam, but the idea has got influences from similar easter eggs.

Comment

• Tuxedo Mask or Ark in a suit? Maybe even Ark actually having his hood on or Ash from Evil Dead?

Also I'm with Zombie on expanding the Mansion. In GS it just seemed to be there with no purpose. I was thinking you put a puzzle in it and expand the mansion by maybe a room or two with the puzzle raising up the floor in the main hall to reveal the entrance of the lab. One of the room in the lab which opens after using the disc in which zombies come out of should be a break room or research room. It plain in GS.
              Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 06-30-2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• being serious here what's the chance of this game actually being 100% completed or even a playable demo.
                because Distance memories mod has now been canned and they said they were going to 100% complete their mod but now it's just another canceled mod like yamis dark bio-hazard mod.

you guys are making a full game not a mod if I'm correct ? so it must take longer to make everything , do you seriously and truthfully think you can complete this game. Not being horrible or anything I'm just tired of showing my support to people that show us years worth of work , trailers and gameplay being told they are 100% committed to the project only then to be told we are canceling our project.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                  being serious here what's the chance of this game actually being 100% completed or even a playable demo.
                  because Distance memories mod has now been canned and they said they were going to 100% complete their mod but now it's just another canceled mod like yamis dark bio-hazard mod.

you guys are making a full game not a mod if I'm correct ? so it must take longer to make everything , do you seriously and truthfully think you can complete this game. Not being horrible or anything I'm just tired of showing my support to people that show us years worth of work , trailers and gameplay being told they are 100% committed to the project only then to be told we are canceling our project.
                  Actually it's the opposite. Mods rarely get released because they involve reverse engineering and modifying someone's already existing code, and the techniques and methods involved are usually rendered obsolete by the time another more advanced project comes along. With Behind the Mask this is entirely Gemini's creation, he has no restrictions or limitations and he can deal with issues exactly how he pleases. This allows for a quick and somewhat untroubled development which isn't held back by anything other than his own imagination.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                    being serious here what's the chance of this game actually being 100% completed or even a playable demo.
                    100% completion depends on spare time and the ability to find all the help Sonic and I need to overcome the difficulties we can't tackle down our own (example: voice acting, but we already have Kei_M and Shey for that). A demo is already under its way, with just a little part of the actual assets that will be used on BTM, because my aim is to make a tech demo release in order to show how the engine actually works. Heck, if Dominion wanted I could even base the demo on a short playable segment of Darkbiohazard, just as a showcase of the flexibility of Squeeze Bomb.

It's written right in the very first post I made to present the game: it's not even similar to a mod in any regard, and yes, it will be a full game with a brand new engine taking advantage of all the optimization I can squeeze in. The difference between a mod and a new engine is that I don't need to document any features whatsoever, I just write the code with my own specs in mind - every single addition stacks on the previous ones, making it look more and more complete and with no obscure segments of code doing their own business. Most mods seem to die because the engines they are based on have little documentation and even less room for core changes.

Comment

• thanks for the reply good luck with it all. I loved RE Survivor.

Comment

• New recap video showcasing in 30 seconds all the new stuff:
                        YouTube video:
                        • Completely rewritten CD-Rom core capable of loading data much faster with support for compression, encryption/integrity check, and straight-out SPU upload support;
                        • Preliminary room transition support with doors (you get a bonus for imagination here), debug jump, and initialization from an overlay to bloat ram less;
                        • Rewritten music module with fade+decrescendo fixed for good;
                        • Other minor fixes to stage and sound modules.

A note related to the first point in the list: my latest test on PSP made me notice forced faster speed works pretty much the same as normal speed whenever compression is involved. Heck, I could even leave the whole background pack work with lossless pictures instead of MDEC or add a user selector for quality aficionados thanks to this speed-up.

Also from Sonic:

It's still work in progress in terms of detail/material, but at least the semi-final geometry of objects is there.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 07-03-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Each time I say I've seen from you guys everything, you always managed to surprise me and see something uniquely new. Congratulations for the software implementations, and kudos to Sonic for those amazing background!
                          I have another question about the music of the game. If I'm not mistaken, you said that it's going to be re-rewritten. Have you share with us the current plan of what you guys have in mind about the music and sounds in general? Do you have any thoughts to improve even further the audio, such as made it dolby digital compatible for example?

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                            Each time I say I've seen from you guys everything, you always managed to surprise me and see something uniquely new. Congratulations for the software implementations, and kudos to Sonic for those amazing background!
                            I have another question about the music of the game. If I'm not mistaken, you said that it's going to be re-rewritten. Have you share with us the current plan of what you guys have in mind about the music and sounds in general? Do you have any thoughts to improve even further the audio, such as made it dolby digital compatible for example?
                            There are some problems concerning Dolby Digital.

A 5.1 mix is composed by 6 individual mono channels, Left Front (L), Right Front (R), Center (C), LFE, Left Surround (LS) and Right Surround (RS), these are the output of the master track on your mix, this means that you have to send to these 6 audio out a specific audio stream, that will be converted to AC-3 or DTS.

To listen to a 5.1 audio, you need a 5.1 capable audio card, and an audio system with at least 5 speakers (some times the Sub Woofer is optional), but to actually mix it, a consumer set of equipment is not what you want to mix in, unless you want a really poor result. Usually this kind of audio is used for cinematics with streamed audio, I don't think is even possible to route a sequenced track to the 6 Dolby Digital channels in real time on the PSX.

I have none of them, so for me it's impossible to work with 5.1 audio.

The other problem is that the PSX is not able to process and output them, it have only a stereo output, so no Dolby Digital for the PSX.

For the new tracks, that's not really my top priority, I'm working on other aspects of the game at the moment, for now, they can be disassembled and modified as you please, in the limit of the PSX hardware capabilities and what you can actually do composing a track.

At this moment, I've only tried swapping the drum loop of one of the tracks, with a new drum sequence, made of single shot sounds converted from a wave file, and this works, so there won't be problems even making a track from scratch.

Comment

• Manufacturing insane and dumb ideas since ever

^You'll just have to develop an alternate sound core that'll deliver perfect digitized audio output that a proper receiver can interpret and thus can only be used through playback on a PS2 (via toslink) or PS3 (HDMI/toslink). SUCCESS!
                              Last edited by Carnivol; 07-04-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Ok, it's time to mess around with more core stuff:

These three pictures show Ark, Wesker, and Leon drawn using a chrome effect. This will be used for a few metallic items that need real-time reflection effects (example: a little statue of bronze, silver, or gold - I'll get to this later... or maybe not). Fun fact: the same effect can be recycled almost as-is to create a stealth camouflage effect like in Metal Gear Solid, which could come in handy for a special model of Cleaner based on the Parasite Eve II stealth golems.

Comment

Working...
                                X