• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love you Gemini.

That title screen is beautiful.
    sigpic

Comment

• Gemini you never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to play. Actually it's a brilliant idea to be working on the side game while it gives Sonic more time (and less pressure) to work on the pre-rendered backgrounds. You don't need to show us yet however last I checked Sonic was in the works of the restaurant. Is he still or is he progressed to another area?

Comment

• I'm still at the restaurant area, when it's presentable, I'll post an update.

Comment

• I forgot to mention I played Survivor for the first time in years. Holy shit I don't remember it being this awful. I couldn't even finish the game, it was just so boring.

Hunters are BS and you can't run past them. Everything is so damn linear, and it's basically find a key, move to the next area, and repeat.

Tyrants are useless. They go down with like 2 clips from a handgun.

Awful. Just awful.
          sigpic

Comment

• Gemini posted a follow up this noun on twitter:

Comment

• Looking mighty fine, get's even better with shot, good work gem.
              Maybe you could re-use the sealth / metalic effect for a ghost / ghoul game, can the effect be applied to individual body ports?

Comment

• Hey Gem, who's going to work on inventory sprites? Or are you borrowing them from other games?

I can possibly help if needed I'd love to contribute in some way
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                  I forgot to mention I played Survivor for the first time in years. Holy shit I don't remember it being this awful. I couldn't even finish the game, it was just so boring.

Hunters are BS and you can't run past them. Everything is so damn linear, and it's basically find a key, move to the next area, and repeat.

Tyrants are useless. They go down with like 2 clips from a handgun.

Awful. Just awful.
                  Why can't people understand that this game is a "home version" of an arcade lightgun game (in quotes because I don't think it was actually released as an arcade cabinet)... the linearity and other design decisions are a direct result of being an arcade experience. They tried to hide it in the US release by removing GunCon support but that ended up being dumber than anything they could have done.
                  Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• There is no light-gun support for the game? So you can't use a light gun huh? I haven't played the game in a long time. I think the reason I didn't get very far in the game was because it was boring. But in light of Gemini's project and the fact that Resident Evil has just plain sucked the past several years, I'm going to pick this game up again soon.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                      They tried to hide it in the US release by removing GunCon support but that ended up being dumber than anything they could have done.
                      That decision was made due to the Columbine massacre.
                      Last edited by REmaster; 08-14-2014, 11:45 AM.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                        Maybe you could re-use the sealth / metalic effect for a ghost / ghoul game, can the effect be applied to individual body ports?
                        It can be global, local, and a few more combined modes. It's all driven by simple flags.

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                        Hey Gem, who's going to work on inventory sprites? Or are you borrowing them from other games?
                        BTM will use classic menu style while Hazardous Battle will take a different route with a more arcade approach. Up until now I've done all the pixel art myself, not sure about the future, but so far so good. WIP example with most indicators still missing:

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I know this has been gone over already, but wouldn't it be a little easier to accomplish the goal of Behind the Mask via just editing one of the existing RE games?

RE1 is fully editable with Leo2236's RDT Editor, that way you don't have to go through the hassle of coding so many of the elements from scratch.

Just an example of what you can accomplish very easily in the old engines:

Here's but a short list of what can be done:
                          - Import/export cameras directly from 3D Studio Max.
                          - Import/export switch zones or create them from the editor all on the fly.
                          - Edit footstep zones.
                          - Edit lights.
                          - Edit and place masks on the fly.
                          - Create boundaries on the fly.
                          - Add enemies, NPC's, items, doors, messages, etc all without hex editing or unpacking files.
                          - On the fly GPS system, where it displays your locations in real time while the game is running allowing for easy edit reference points.
                          - Add or edit mirrors!

I even figured out how to create RDT's along with their respective .pak files completely from scratch using this tool, that way you don't need to replace any of the existing rooms.
                          Last edited by VirusPunk; 09-12-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Gemini keep up the awesome work! This looks amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                              Just an example of what you can accomplish very easily in the old engines:

Here's but a short list of what can be done:
                              - Import/export cameras directly from 3D Studio Max.
                              - Import/export switch zones or create them from the editor all on the fly.
                              - Edit footstep zones.
                              - Edit lights.
                              - Edit and place masks on the fly.
                              - Create boundaries on the fly.
                              - Add enemies, NPC's, items, doors, messages, etc all without hex editing or unpacking files.
                              - On the fly GPS system, where it displays your locations in real time while the game is running allowing for easy edit reference points.
                              - Add or edit mirrors!

I even figured out how to create RDT's along with their respective .pak files completely from scratch using this tool, that way you don't need to replace any of the existing rooms.
                              List of stuff that can be done with an engine programmed from scratch:
                              -Everything imaginable!
                              -Mirrors!!!

I really don't see the point of editing RE1 PC version, which has plenty of performance and compatibility problems. I know it is substantially easier to edit it than programming a new RE game from scratch, but I don't think he's having any problem with the engine side of things. He can add as many features as he wants beyond what any RE game did, I say let him do it his way.
                              Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Gemini has answered similar questions regarding the currently existing RE engines already in this thread, it's worth hunting them down.
                                "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Working...
                                X