No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what about puzzles? Are you adding any new ones that didn't exist in the original game? Maybe something involving a Zippo-lighter? You know, because the classic games always had at least one fire starting puzzle, and the characters always used the well known American icon to produce the needed flame.

Comment

• ^ BTM is going to feature puzzles heavily inspired by the original trilogy, meaning the lighter of light is going to be there somewhere. Of course, most of the inspired ones won't be too obvious. As for the rest of the original GS puzzles or general locks, they are going to be expanded to be less painfully linear.

In other news:

- A few tweaks were added about weapon trajectory and special effects. I think visually speaking the game is now on par with RE2, unless I forgot something along the way.
      - People demanded a golden Tyrant, I give them a golden statue of Barry. Wesker is so screwed up in that corner.
      Last edited by Gemini; 09-09-2014, 12:02 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• The progress with the engine is very impressive ! I await the Hazardous Battle demo I have two questions :
        - How much stuff is there still to do for the release of hazardous battle? I see You have weapons working. but what about the enemies?
        - Can Your engine handle effects on the pre-rendered backgrounds? Something like moving cogwheels in RE3 , or weather effects in REmake. Will there be stuff like that in BTM ?
        Keep up a great work !

Comment

• Giant Gold Barry for the win!!!

Is it easy to create zombies from the polygon corpses of Richard & Enrico (not sure what would be needed for the skeleton) and anyone else from the Bravo team that you came across in RE1 that wasn't part of the pre-rendered backgrounds?
          "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Is that bathroom RE1? Can't remember it all too well.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
              Is that bathroom RE1? Can't remember it all too well.
              It's the cell, irc re1 has two bathrooms one in the mansion and one in the guardhouse there's also a separate toilet in the guardhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saavas View Post
                - How much stuff is there still to do for the release of hazardous battle? I see You have weapons working. but what about the enemies?
                - Can Your engine handle effects on the pre-rendered backgrounds? Something like moving cogwheels in RE3 , or weather effects in REmake. Will there be stuff like that in BTM ?
                Keep up a great work !
                1) It still needs a good deal of gameplay logic and some major polishing.
                2) Animated 2D and 3D elements can already be placed anywhere in a room. As for the weather, it could be added, but it's not required.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                Is it easy to create zombies from the polygon corpses of Richard & Enrico (not sure what would be needed for the skeleton) and anyone else from the Bravo team that you came across in RE1 that wasn't part of the pre-rendered backgrounds?
                It can be done, it's not hard to make zombie variations. Still my plans for Bravo Team are kinda different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  1) It can be done, it's not hard to make zombie variations. Still my plans for Bravo Team are kinda different.
                  Sweet, I look forward to finding them and won't press for any spoilers
                  "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• First of all I want to say thank you. For such a long time now I've been thinking how nice it would be to have a remake of Survivor. I loved the original, but always felt it needed a little more update.
                    Anyway, I know this is kinda early to ask (seeing as you started this project not that long ago) but do you have a release date? I will understand if you refuse to answer this question as it can be stressful to have a deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimKaiser View Post
                      Anyway, I know this is kinda early to ask (seeing as you started this project not that long ago) but do you have a release date? I will understand if you refuse to answer this question as it can be stressful to have a deadline.
                      The real problem with a deadline is keeping track of what's left to do. I had some paper with all the stuff yet to be implemented, which ended up accidentally lost somewhere in my house. That'd be the only real way to give an estimate, but I'm lazy enough not to go for treasure hunting. There is also some other reason why the estimate is a mess, a reason I can't reveal yet because it's a delicate question to be discussed. I guess I'll make a Word document at some point with all the stuff, at least for private usage.

tl;dr: me releasing Hazardous Battle will be a truly good indicator.

Comment

• Have You thought about how you are going to distribute the Hazardous battle? You are using assets from copyrighted RE games ( f.e backgrounds from RE1, models ), so I guess you won't simply upload it somewhere. Maybe through torrent?

Comment

• I'm actually tempted to ask CAPCOM for permission and simply release an ISO of the game. They didn't cause any trouble with Megaman X Street Fighter, which uses both copyrighted characters and sprites from their games.

For the time being, more updates:

This is what I call the "hair logic", which consists in parts of an entity skeleton moved with runtime calculation of the necessary rotations. Said effect can be used for hair, like the name would suggest, but also other accessories placed on an entity. Say, a necklace, handcuffs, or even clothes. This should come in handy for a specific extra outfit I planned for Ark to have.

I've also started working on collision optimizations. So far I was able to cut down CPU overheat by 1/4th of the original procedures, plus several minor fixes related to stability in general. Being able to explode RE1 fully with the new engine feels great.

Comment

• Gemini: Is that Elza model takenfrom the IGAS version of BH2 beta or you guys have reconstructed your own version? And about the CPU optimization, would you think that you could optimized it any further? Meaning that perhaps you can implement more enemies and other events appear without having the game running in ten frames per second or so?

Comment

• Looks awesome seeing Claire and Elza with moving ponytails .. nice work.

So, without spoiling anything (if you can?), what will this new mode consist of - what is the main goal? Is it basically Battle Mode from RE1/Dino Crisis where you kill everything, or will it be more like RE2 Extreme Battle??
                              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                                Gemini: Is that Elza model takenfrom the IGAS version of BH2 beta or you guys have reconstructed your own version?
                                It's her vanilla model, no changes whatsoever were applied to it.

And about the CPU optimization, would you think that you could optimized it any further? Meaning that perhaps you can implement more enemies and other events appear without having the game running in ten frames per second or so?
                                CPU usage has little to do with graphics. I already maxed out GTE usage, no more enemies can be added unless I reduce them to use 2 polygons each.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                                So, without spoiling anything (if you can?), what will this new mode consist of - what is the main goal? Is it basically Battle Mode from RE1/Dino Crisis where you kill everything, or will it be more like RE2 Extreme Battle??
                                Think of it like a merger between Extreme Battle and The Mercenaries 3D.

Comment

Working...
                                X