Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New update!

Random design. I have no idea what I'm doing, but alpha simulation is nice.

A brand new model for the battle mode perhaps? It looks way amazing though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
      New update!

Random design. I have no idea what I'm doing, but alpha simulation is nice.

Indeed, it looks awesome. Kinda weird to see his sheath on the opposite shoulder but whatever lol.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Ooooh ... thats Chris's model from the DS port isn't it?
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          Gosh, if only IGAS were using this custom engine to remake BH1.5 instead of the original broken one we might have had something released by now...
          Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
            I see, would that also be the case with a PS1?
            The game should work fine on a real PlayStation or PS2. All the tests I made so far seem to lead to full compatibility.

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
            wont there be a chance that the psx emulator would just run the iso anyway ?
            ePSXe, pSX, Xebra, and no$psx should work fine with it.

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
            Also you should know that some ps3s cant be modded because some of them comes with 3.56 and above
            Unfortunately that's my case. I had a moddable PS3, then it bricked and I was forced to replace it with a newer model.

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
            Wait, they'll be separate ISOs? Hm. Either way, I'll make myself my own retail copy when this project is all finished then
            Yup, Hazardous Battle won't include movies or anything else that isn't made for it. The smaller I can keep that ISO the better.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            Gosh, if only IGAS were using this custom engine to remake BH1.5 instead of the original broken one we might have had something released by now...
            That's unlikely. Importing all the 1.5 assets to my engine means that proper AI and other pieces of code must be made for the occasion - both of those take quite some time to recreate, especially if the aim is to make the result as close as possible to what exists of the prototype. Not that I wouldn't share the engine for interesting projects, I kinda made that clear when I mentioned a possible resurrection of Darkbiohazard in one of the early posts here.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
            Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
            Ooooh ... thats Chris's model from the DS port isn't it?
            It's a slightly customized model from Deadly Silence. Wesker is the same and I should have Barry, Rebecca, and Jill somewhere ready to be assembled in game.

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
            Indeed, it looks awesome. Kinda weird to see his sheath on the opposite shoulder but whatever lol.
            That's because I imported the model with swapped coordinates and forgot to mirror the render, tho the sheath actually isn't there at all.
            Last edited by Gemini; 07-18-2014, 10:40 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              The game should work fine on a real PlayStation or PS2. All the tests I made so far seem to lead to full compatibility.
              Nice, would I need to worry about a region lock?

I'm going to snag a PS1 off ebay sometime this week(my old one died over a decade ago), just so I can enjoy BTM/HB.

Thanks for answering all my questions, it's much appreciated.
              Last edited by REmaster; 07-18-2014, 01:32 PM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

• Re-master, I have quite a few PS1's here. Would you want one of them? They've all been chipped with the MM3 mod-chip. They have also had their laser replaced and re-calibrated. I'd say you'd be better off buying one off me than risking your luck on ebay.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  Re-master, I have quite a few PS1's here. Would you want one of them? They've all been chipped with the MM3 mod-chip. They have also had their laser replaced and re-calibrated. I'd say you'd be better off buying one off me than risking your luck on ebay.
                  Sounds pretty good, I'll PM you when I get the money. How much are they?

Comment

• The team updated their twitter with another picture

Those DS models were a lot better than I remember. I wonder what kind of sacrifices are needed to be made in order to port them on PS1 native code, or can they been transferred flawlessly?

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                      Sounds pretty good, I'll PM you when I get the money. How much are they?
                      They will be $20 each. If you want a specific model I can see what I have. They range from SCPH model 1001 through 101, so I have quite a range. Keep in mind the MM3 chip is not completely stealth as trouble games like Biohazard 3 and Dino Crisis 2 will still see it.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        They will be $20 each. If you want a specific model I can see what I have. They range from SCPH model 1001 through 101, so I have quite a range. Keep in mind the MM3 chip is not completely stealth as trouble games like Biohazard 3 and Dino Crisis 2 will still see it.
                        Awesome man, I'll be sure to PM you when I have the money within the following month at the latest.

UPDATE: I whipped up a revamped Ark for fun, with a slightly more realistic look(since the original artwork are primarily sketches).

Last edited by REmaster; 07-20-2014, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• A follow up update to the previous one:
                          Done setting up C4D projects and improved alpha blending to achieve better AA

Comment

• It's looking really good. I'm looking forward to seeing what the inventory screen looks like.

EDIT - Also, I've got a serious question. I have done some programming in C and C++ (not much, but I have an understanding of the basics of the languages), I have coded games in Game Maker using GML, which is similar to C++, and I can modify the assembly code of NES games (for example, an upgrade I did of Megaman 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVSYc_EC8Z4). This is not to steal heat away from this thread at all, as I am impressed with what I'm seeing.

But I gotta ask, would taking game design courses at a school help me to be able to do the kinds of things you guys are doing in making a PlayStation RE game from scratch?

Much like the NES, I supposed I could learn the hardware of the PSX no problem, but dealing with coding of collisions and 3D programming/modelling is not my speciality.

Gemini, are you self-taught, or are you able to do this because of years of experience in programming?

I'd be doing the same thing you guys are doing, making it run on real hardware. So I'm thinking it be a great benefit of me to learn the PSX hardware (there is some documentation on it). But other than that, I'm confused as to where I should start? Any advice?

Thanks.
                            Last edited by RetroRain; 07-21-2014, 05:43 PM.
                            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• I'm no Gemini, but I can tell you this: There's no substitute for hands-on experience in the world of software programming. A lot of the best out there really are self taught.

Comment

• Straight up Game Designs courses won't teach you about systems like Coding, and if they involve sections on modelling then they're usually not very good.

You'd be better off taking a Code related course that's game specific and finding a like minded person or two that are great at modelling, texturing, fx, audio & animation and work together on a project.

However, the bigger questions is, why limit yourself to PSOne? Why not grab a copy of UE4 or Unity? It would be more relevent if you wished to pursue gaming as a career.
                                "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Working...
                                X