Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info regarding the unreleased RE 3.5 (updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info regarding the unreleased RE 3.5 (updated)

After many searches and valuable sources, here's my answers to some of your questions about RE 3.5. While some of the stuff posted here was indeed proved, there are many speculations too, I have no solid source to back up everything I said, so as long as there is no definitive concrete proof, it's up to people to believe it or not.

RE 3.5 was scrapped for many reasons, and basicaly, the same reasons RE 1.5 was scrapped as well. The main reason was money. Capcom knew it would be harder to make and sell new sequels if the story of both RE 1.5 and RE 3.5 were too conclusive. Another reason was because RE Remake and RE Zero haven't sold enough copies as CAPCOM expected (of course, being exclusive for gamecube at the time of their release, that was obvious to happen), so they thought it would be best to remake the game, changing gameplay and the survival horror experience.

There are a lot of people saying RE 3.5 had many different versions. Well, Hookman version, Fog version, Zombie version, they're all the 2nd beta build. RE 3.5 had only 2 playable builds.

The first beta build became the ps2 game Devil May Cry. The gameplay, background and the powers Leon were supposed to adquire made this game very different from the later build. Leon even changed his hair colour after infected, just like Jill in RE 5. However, the game changed the concept and genre of the series too much, making it the reason why they made it a different game and changed the Leon of this version into Dante. The 1st buid can be considered much more a Devil May Cry prototype instead of a RE 4 beta. It's just kind of like the hybrid RE 1.5XRE2 beta build 3. Is very difficult to find info about this version aside from the ones I told though, the same goes to RE 1.5 beta build 3.

The second build was scrapped, and then remade into the game Haunting Ground, known in Japan as Demento. There are a lot of elements borrowed from RE 3.5 into this game, the backgrounds, story, characters, even the gameplay feels like a RE Lite with a dog.

So, CAPCOM never let their beta unfinished versions of RE games leak because even nowadays they put elements from those games in the new games, so it would be really bad if anyone put their hands in one of their betas. However, thanks to my research and sources, I could learn a lot about this game.

The story of RE 3.5 was supposed to feature a lot of links with the previous games, specially RE 2, RE Code Veronica and RE 0.

Leon Kennedy as you all know, was the main character, and he came to Spencer's castle looking for Sherry Birkin. However, Leon became infected with the Progenitor virus, started to have hallucinations, and grew a mutant arm, just like Krauser's. This concept of the mutant arm and getting infected was present in the first beta build of RE 3.5. However, they changed it and gave Dante demon powers instead and in the final game Krauser gained another version of the mutant arms. The concept of the arms only returned in a DMC game with Devil May Cry 4, with Nero's devil arm.

Similar to RE 2, Sherry Birkin would play the defenseless character. However, after the game was scrapped and remade, her role, appearence and personality was given to some extent to Fiona Belli from the "Haunting Ground" ps2 game and Ashley Graham from the final version of RE 4. Ashley in fact borrowed the same appearence Sherry was supposed to have in RE 3.5.

Claire Redfield too, was supposed to come back. After Leon helped her calling Chris in Code Veronica, it's kinda obvious Claire would help Leon this time against the "source of evil". Some of my sources even told me Steve from RE Code Veronica would return, from the dead, aparently.

The game was meant to tell us all about the origins of the T-virus. The Progenitor virus and Uroborus, first mentioned in RE 0, were supposed to return. Not only this, but Spencer would make his first appearence in the series. He was trying to be a God, and wanted to live forever using the T-virus. He would appear in the game as a young man, and later, as an old man. After the game was scrapped, Lorenzo Belli from "Haunting Ground" borrowed his beta appearence.

I couldn't find any solid source however, telling me if Wesker would return, but , there are rumours Ada would help Leon and Claire (just like in RE 2 and only Leon in RE 4 final verison) in the end against the final boss, this case Spencer, folowing Wesker's orders. Is funny because in the final version of RE 4 Ada helps Leon to kill Saddler, and Sadler had in fact his appearence borrowed from a later Spencer model, just like Sparda from the first Devil May Cry game. Since resident evil 2 Ada was suposed to be the real main villain of the series, or at least the most important anti-hero.

There are rumours that after the now beta RE 4, another game would be released, pretty similar to "RE Umbrella Chronicles" and "RE 5", depicting the true ending of Umbrella. Is a fact from RE 3 files that Jill and Chris were going to Europe to fight off Umbrella, so it seems like RE 4 was not exactly the final game in the series. Some of my sources says that after Chris and Jill destroyed the bloody company, they were going to Africa, to meet their final opponent, Albert Wesker, who created another company similar to Umbrella named Tricell. Jill would eventually die in the end, or at least in one of the endings. Barry Burton would be a playable character and Sheva Alomar existed only as an NPC. Of course, maybe the plot and characters for this possible "RE 5 beta" were only made after CAPCOM released the final version of RE 4, there is this possibility according one of my sources who knows all about the beta for RE 5.

Well, this is it, I hope I could have helped you guys and girls with my info related to this game, I have some other info regarding RE 1.5, soon I'll be posting **

(PS, this is my first upload in the horror is alive, so please, if I make something wrong, I mean, against the site's rules, someone let me know, I'm too lazy to read everything regarding rules etc, but my intentions here are good nevertheless).
    Last edited by MarvieT; 03-07-2015, 09:02 PM. Reason: Another bad typing

All of that is wrong, I'm afraid.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It's up to people to believe it or not.
      Last edited by MarvieT; 07-15-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        All of that is wrong, I'm afraid.
        Priceless lol !

Comment

First of all, welcome to the forums.
          I appreciate the info, but it's hard to discern what is true and what not, if you have sources then better include them in your post so others can corroborate the info.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by MarvieT View Post
            After many seaches and valuable souces, here's my answers to some of your questions about RE 3.5.

RE 3.5 was scrapped for many reasons, and basicaly, the same reasons RE 1.5 was scrapped as well. The main reason was money. Capcom knew it would be harder to make and sell new sequels if the story of both RE 1.5 and RE 3.5 were too conclusive. Another reason was because RE Remake and RE Zero haven't sold enough copies as CAPCOM expected (of course, being exclusive for gamecube at the time of their release, that was obvious to happen), so they thought it would be best to remake the game, changing gameplay and the survival horror experience.

There are a lot of people saying RE 3.5 had many different versions. Well, Hookman version, Fog version, Zombie version, they're all the 2nd beta build. RE 3.5 had only 2 playable builds.

The first beta build became the ps2 game Devil May Cry. The gameplay, background and the powers Leon were supposed to adquire made this game very different from the later build. Leon even changed his hair colour after infected, just like Jill in RE 5. However, the game changed the concept and genre of the series too much, making it the reason why they made it a different game and changed the Leon of this version into Dante. The 1st buid can be considered much more a Devil May Cry prototype instead of a RE 4 beta. It's just kind of like the hybrid RE 1.5XRE2 beta build 3. Is very difficult to find info about this version aside from the ones I told though, the same goes to RE 1.5 beta build 3.

The second build was scrapped, and then remade into the game Haunting Ground, known in Japan as Demento. There are a lot of elements borrowed from RE 3.5 into this game, the backgrounds, story, characters, even the gameplay feels like a RE Lite with a dog.

So, CAPCOM never let their beta unfinished versions of RE games leak because even nowadays they put elements from those games in the new games, so it would be really bad if anyone put their hands in one of their betas. However, thanks to my research and sources, I could learn a lot about this game.

The story of RE 3.5 was supposed to feature a lot of links with the previous games, specially RE 2, RE Code Veronica and RE 0.

Leon Kennedy as you all know, was the main character, and he came to Spencer's castle looking for Sherry Birkin. However, Leon became infected with the Progenitor virus, started to have hallucinations, and grew a mutant arm, just like Krauser's. This concept of the mutant arm and getting infected was present in the first beta build of RE 3.5. However, they changed it and gave Dante demon powers instead and in the final game Krauser gained another version of the mutant arms. The concept of the arms only returned in a DMC game with Devil May Cry 4, with Nero's devil arm.

Similar to RE 2, Sherry Birkin would play the defenseless character. However, after the game was scrapped and remade, her role, appearence and personality was given to some extent to Fiona Belli from the "Haunting Ground" ps2 game and Ashley Graham from the final version of RE 4. Ashley in fact borrowed the same appearence Sherry was supposed to have in RE 3.5.

Claire Redfield too, was supposed to come back. After Leon helped her calling Chris in Code Veronica, it's kinda obvious Claire would help Leon this time against the "source of evil". Some of my sources even told me Steve from RE Code Veronica would return, from the dead, aparently.

The game was meant to tell us all about the origins of the T-virus. The Progenitor virus and Uroborus, first mentioned in RE 0, were supposed to return. Not only this, but Spencer would make his first appearence in the series. He was trying to be a God, and wanted to live forever using the T-virus. He would appear in the game as a young man, and later, as an old man. After the game was scrapped, Lorenzo Belli from "Haunting Ground" borrowed his beta appearence.

I couldn't find any solid source however, telling me if Wesker would return, but , there are rumours Ada would help Leon and Claire (just like in RE 2 and only Leon in RE 4 final verison) in the end against the final boss, this case Spencer, folowing Wesker's orders. Is funny because in the final version of RE 4 Ada helps Leon to kill Saddler, and Sadler had in fact his appearence borrowed from a later Spencer model, just like Sparda from the first Devil May Cry game. Since resident evil 2 Ada was suposed to be the real main villain of the series, or at least the most important anti-hero.

There are rumours that after the now beta RE 4, another game would be released, pretty similar to "RE Umbrella Chronicles" and "RE 5", depicting the true ending of Umbrella. Is a fact from RE 3 files that Jill and Chris were going to Europe to fight off Umbrella, so it seems like RE 4 was not exactly the final game in the series. Some of my sources says that after Chris and Jill destroyed the bloody company, they were going to Africa, to meet their final opponent, Albert Wesker, who created another company similar to Umbrella named Tricell. Jill would eventually die in the end, or at least in one of the endings. Barry Burton would be a playable character and Sheva Alomar existed only as an NPC. Of course, maybe the plot and characters for this possible "RE 5 beta" were only made after CAPCOM released the final version of RE 4, there is this possibility according one of my sources who knows all about the beta for RE 5.

Well, this is it, I hope I could have helped you guys and girls with my info related to this game, I have some other info regarding RE 1.5, soon I'll be posting **

(PS, this is my first upload in the horror is alive, so please, if I make something wrong, I mean, against the site's rules, someone let me know, I'm too lazy to read everything regarding rules etc, but my intentions here are good nevertheless).
            And what exactly are your sources ? I'm not trying to be mean but just about all of what you said comes off as pure speculation, some of which has been contradicted in the past. The original version wasn't scrapped for being to conclusive, it was scrapped because the technology wasn't ready for it at the time. The virus had charateristics similar to uroburos but it would have taken way to much power to animate all the tentacles. The tech demo people see where leon traverses a mansion with the hook man and the dolls was just that , a tech demo. There was no story, just a small test area.

So that makes throwing out misinformation ok ?
            Last edited by OfficerRedfield; 07-15-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much Lanzagranadas ^^

I know some stuff are hard to believe, but according to my sources... Well, then you ask me "what are your sources?" Indeed, there was many, including sites I’ve made researches following everything RE related and some other Info that came from people I know who might have the gamecube iso from this beta, and even from some other betas. Of course I can't name them since there is indeed the possibility they are lying. So I just took everything I believed to be real, and made my own interpretations. Yes, there are indeed a little bit of speculations, but there are many facts here as well. I just mixed them together to bring you what I believe this game was supposed to be. Some stuff I unfortunatelly have no way to prove, but I believe in my sources. If anyone think I'm lying, they should first prove that I'm wrong.
              Last edited by MarvieT; 07-16-2014, 12:39 PM. Reason: Bad typing again u.u

Comment

It's not.

1) The Castle and Hallucination versions of BIO4 were both scrapped due to technical limitations and excessive cost. Nothing to do with story or sales of other games.
                2) Leon/Tony/Dante did not have their hair color change in the Stylish version of BIO4.
                3) Demento is completely unrelated to BIO4.
                4) Sherry Birkin was not featured in any version of BIO4 and there is no connection between Fiona Belli and any characters in the series.
                5) Leon was not infected with the Progenitor Virus in the Castle/Hallucination versions.
                6) There is no connection between the mutant arms in the series.
                7) Claire Redfield was not featured in any version of BIO4.
                8) Chris Redfield was not featured in any version of BIO4.
                9) Steve Burnside was not featured in any version of BIO4.
                10) Spencer did not appear in the Castle/Hallucination versions of BIO4.
                11) Ada was not featured in any version of BIO4.
                12) Saddler's appearance did not come from a Spencer model. That was just an early Saddler model.
                13) Ada was never intended to be a villain in the series.
                14) No version of BIO4 was intended to show the end of Umbrella.
                15) All that information about BIO5 is wrong.

Your sources are lying to you, if they exist.
                Last edited by News Bot; 07-15-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

OfficerRedfield,

He was being rude, so I guess my answer was very polite. Besides, it really is up to people to believe it or not, I'm telling the truth so my conscious is clear. I'm not trying to deceive people or misinform them, they believe in whatever they want to believe. Many of the things I said can already be proved if you dig the deep web.

It's my first time as a member in this site, my first post, it's awful when people treat you ironically. I guess I would be better off keeping my knowledge to myself =\

(PS: There was indeed a tech demo, they made after the first build. But of course, the elements of it were incorporated in the 2nd build.)
                  Last edited by MarvieT; 07-15-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Many of the things I said can already be proved if you dig the deep web.
                    Taking random speculation and mixing it with other random speculation doesn't yield factual information. While I'm sure you have no malicious intent, you're still incorrect on virtually everything.

(I probably am coming off as rude, but I'm just being direct.)

Comment

Well he was being rude, so I guess my answer was very polite. Besides, it really is up to people to believe it or not, I'm telling the truth so my conscious is clear. I'm not trying to deceive people or misinform them, they believe in whatever they want to believe. Many of the things I said can already be proved if you dig the deep web.

It's my first time as a member in this site, my first post, it's awful when people treat you ironically. I guess I would be better off keeping my knowledge to myself =\

(PS: There was indeed a tech demo, they made after the first build. But of course, the elements of it were incorporated in the 2nd build.)
                      I fail to see the irony in all this but if you've been getting your facts from the web you've been following rumors, unfounded ones at that. almost every tidbit you threw out was something i've heard someone speculate and have thrown out later when we got info from people who actually have connections to the devs.

Comment

Well, I hope you can prove it, News Bot, since you're saying I'm lying ^^

Many of the stuff I said was on the SCRIPT, the plot of how would the game be. It's hard to prove with a file because the last beta build never featured some of the characters who were supposed to appear or documents. I never said Chris appeared in RE 3.5. I believe you're misjudging your own interpretation of the series with the actual facts.

You were already very rude saying I was lying without proving, this is the 2nd time. I never proved myself either, but like I said, it's up to people to believe it or not, I believe in my sources, and I believe any hardcore RE gamer like myself can find the path of truth and be enlighted as well. This is a site I believe for fans to share their knowledge, not to critize people because you don't believe on them.

I respect your opinion but I hope you respect mine as well.
                        Last edited by MarvieT; 07-16-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Btw, try digging the RE 4 retail files. There is a model of Jill wearing a red dress, and an earlier Ashley model. They both were supposedly made as models of Sherry and Ada, according to one of my sources. Oh and saying Demento is completely unrelated to RE 4? You're so wrong. Everything about Haunting Ground have something to do with Resident Evil 4. You know that white dog Leon saves in Resident Evil 4? Haha, try searching, I'm not gonna say it out loud.
                          Last edited by MarvieT; 07-16-2014, 01:20 PM. Reason: My fury as a fan

Comment

Okay, your constant comments about truth are making me rapidly lose sympathy.

Not a word of what you said was in the game's script. In reality, everything you've said has been "known" for years. It wasn't true then and isn't true now. That model of Jill is nothing more than a test Ada model. The Ashley model is nothing more than an early Ashley model. They are from the retail version of BIO4. They have nothing to do with the Castle/Hallucination versions.

You're not sharing "knowledge", you're sharing hearsay.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

OfficerRedfield, if you think I ACTUALLY don't have any connections, that's okay with me, you don't need to believe me, anyone. I guess when the beta finally comes out eveyone will know the truth anyway. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X