No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The music is in a strange format I've never seen! I really hope someone fixes it soon cuz this is major bullshit!

IMPORTANT EVERYONE READ!!!
    Setting the frame-rate to Variable in the option might fix the slowdown issue! I did it and now the game runs flawlessly!

Comment

• Is it possible to do a RE Barry campaign like it was done in old school RE1? It was funny how creative the author of the mod was with Barry's original dialogues, manipulated to make it look like the voice overs were made originally for the mod haha.
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• well i bought it and you cant use it with windows xp even though its from 2002 FUUUUUUCK

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
          well i bought it and you cant use it with windows xp even though its from 2002 FUUUUUUCK
          this is easily one of the stupidest posts I've ever read on the internet

congratulations
          sigpic

Comment

• Man I sure hope those modders are hard at work on fixing the soundtrack and getting us nude mods.

Comment

• Was this model ever used in Remake? I've never seen it before.
              http://i.imgur.com/pfWmZ5D.jpg

Comment

• That's the guy who's slumped with the pesticide after he got stung to death in the residence...but I could've sworn he was prebaked into the background...
                Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 01-21-2015, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• He was.. liked it that way as it reminded me of early RE games , especially RE3.
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                    Wow. Seems like the complaints about the PC port are true. I can barely run this game at a stable 30 fps, whereas I can run RE4/5/6 pretty decently at anywhere from 45-60 fps. Quite amazing how a game that's mostly made up of pre-rendered images can't run decently. Ironically, the graveyard tomb, which is rendered completely in polygons, is the only place I've went to that runs at a stable framerate. I really hope Crapcom sorts out this mess.
                    Knew it wasn't just me then.. also, amazing work for Rusty there - So wanna play as Rebecca for the entire game (with her SFX) without Chris's limitations (doors saying ''I have to hurry'' and not letting you got through.)
                    Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 01-21-2015, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Well now he's playable... I think I'm going to call him "Pesticide Peter" :V

Screenshot

EDIT: As for playing as Rebecca, I'm not so sure about that. I don't know if it'll put her one Chris's animations/skeleton which would fuck with her body proportions and it'd just look weird.
                      Last edited by -Rusty-; 01-21-2015, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• "Pesticide Peter" was indeed a background element in the GC version. There was a camera angle showing him with a nice "depth of field" effect, which is gone in the HD Remaster - probably because that DoF effect would have looked horrible in HD.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                          Knew it wasn't just me then.. also, amazing work for Rusty there - So wanna play as Rebecca for the entire game (with her SFX) without Chris's limitations (doors saying ''I have to hurry'' and not letting you got through.)
                          Yep. It's baffling how resource intensive the game is. The Steam discussion group for the game is full of people complaining of slowdowns. I do hope they patch the game, like what they did with RE4 UHD.

In any case, the revamped areas that they didn't skimp out on look incredible. The outdoor areas are particulary impressive. I was expecting to see a shit ton of compression artifacts on the animated foliage, but they pretty much redid all of those from scratch. The real-time rendered west hallway was also really nice. For a second, I almost thought that it was making use of pre-rendered backgrounds.

well i bought it and you cant use it with windows xp even though its from 2002 FUUUUUUCK
                          Not sure if joking or.... It's running on the same engine RE5/6/REV ran on, so a calculator won't be able to run it. lol
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
                            Well now he's playable... I think I'm going to call him "Pesticide Peter" :V

Screenshot

EDIT: As for playing as Rebecca, I'm not so sure about that. I don't know if it'll put her one Chris's animations/skeleton which would fuck with her body proportions and it'd just look weird.
                            I think someone on Youtube made a mod where Rebecca overrides Jill, and it looks perfect - although I'm not sure if SFXs can be changed/swapped

Comment

• You guys are assholes <3
                              I don't want to upgrade but I'm gonna be forced to :/
                              It's not stupid to assume a game from 2002 with sharpened textures would work on my OS.
                              I have great specs except I have XP

Comment

• The fact that the bee sting guy is playable as a 3D model prolly means they inteded for him to become a zombie and his model was in the games code.

Comment

Working...
                                X