Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
    Well now he's playable... I think I'm going to call him "Pesticide Peter" :V

Screenshot

EDIT: As for playing as Rebecca, I'm not so sure about that. I don't know if it'll put her one Chris's animations/skeleton which would fuck with her body proportions and it'd just look weird.
    Just amazing!!!! He was too "sharp" to be part of the background.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    You guys are assholes <3
    I don't want to upgrade but I'm gonna be forced to :/
    It's not stupid to assume a game from 2002 with sharpened textures would work on my OS.
    I have great specs except I have XP
    For christ sake dude, XP?????? Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      The fact that the bee sting guy is playable as a 3D model prolly means they inteded for him to become a zombie and his model was in the games code.
      IIRC, he had a weird DOF blur applied to him when he was part of the pre-rendered background. This is because the GC/Wii version uses a DOF blur for when you're far away from the camera. This effect was removed in the remaster. He would have stuck out like a sore thumb if they didn't remake him in 3D, just like the animated foliage that's part of the backgrounds in the original. Also, swapping around models is relatively easy in the MT Framework. That's the reason why 4/5/6/REV has a shit ton of character mods.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• Oh so he's another one of those things they remade. What rooms were remade as a whole? I know the middle power room the lab was remade as was the crypt but what else was 3d or had 3d portions?

Comment

The fact that the bee sting guy is playable as a 3D model prolly means they inteded for him to become a zombie and his model was in the games code.
          Probably not originally. I think it's just the remaster has numerous environment elements that were previously in the backgrounds and have now been replaced in the new versions. Most of them are plants and other things close to the camera angles or things to give/give better animations to than originally.... so given he was an "item" close to a camera angle it probably made it easier to replace him with a 3D model than have a lower quality upscale of the original.
          Last edited by Rombie; 01-21-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• I had already decided that this was a "sale" purchase for me, the only real decision to be made was what format to buy it for. Currently I'm torn between PS3/4 since I'd get it for both and not have to deal with the xbox controller especially the Dpad, and Steam which definitely has more potential given the modding that's already started...

So, currently:

Steam
            PS3/4
            Original GCN
            Wii Version!
            Xbox 360/One.

But that $20/£16 price tag is a joke given the poor quality of the port. Let's not all act too surprised that they half assed it again...
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              You guys are assholes <3
              I don't want to upgrade but I'm gonna be forced to :/
              It's not stupid to assume a game from 2002 with sharpened textures would work on my OS.
              I have great specs except I have XP
              There is a lot more than that at work here. Fact is that it's not just "a game from 2002", it's a 2002 game being ported/remastered for the first time to PC in 2015. It's a given that it's not going to be compatible on a three-generation-old OS.
              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-21-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• http://i.imgur.com/IawVibO.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ter_Players.7z

Richard, Barry, Enrico, Kenneth, and that dead guy are now playable for Chris. Rebecca is now playable for Jill as well.

I couldn't get Wesker to work because he crashes the game.

The models are in .ARC files and will go into your "PL" folder.

This is the folder you will put the .ARC files into. Remember to backup your original "pl" folder just in case you want to revert back to the originals.
                SteamApps\common\Resident Evil Biohazard HD REMASTER\nativePC\arc\pl

How to replace a player character model:
                Replace "pl00.arc" (Chris' default model) with one of the models from the player folder. E.g., rename "pl00_Kenneth.arc" to "pl00.arc" and override the original file.

How to replace an cutscene character model:
                Replace "ep00.arc" (Chris' default cutscene model) with one of the models from the player folder. E.g., rename "ep00_Kenneth.arc" to "ep00.arc" and override the original file.

Jill's models are "pl01.arc" and "ep01.arc" but you'd do the same with these.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  Yep. It's baffling how resource intensive the game is. The Steam discussion group for the game is full of people complaining of slowdowns. I do hope they patch the game, like what they did with RE4 UHD.

In any case, the revamped areas that they didn't skimp out on look incredible. The outdoor areas are particulary impressive. I was expecting to see a shit ton of compression artifacts on the animated foliage, but they pretty much redid all of those from scratch. The real-time rendered west hallway was also really nice. For a second, I almost thought that it was making use of pre-rendered backgrounds.

Not sure if joking or.... It's running on the same engine RE5/6/REV ran on, so a calculator won't be able to run it. lol
                  Which hallway on the left side of the mansion specifically? I've played though the remaster several times and only have seen one room rendered in realtime.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                    I had already decided that this was a "sale" purchase for me, the only real decision to be made was what format to buy it for. Currently I'm torn between PS3/4 since I'd get it for both and not have to deal with the xbox controller especially the Dpad, and Steam which definitely has more potential given the modding that's already started...
                    It's 13.50 right now on nuuvem and 15.00 on greenmangaming, if you want to get the PC version. Also, there's a cross-buy promotion going on right now for the PS3/PS4 version. If you at least have a semi-decent rig, I'd go for the PC version. There's a few areas in the game that look a bit bad (well, mostly the aqua ring), but the overall quality is pretty good. They even redid all of the animated components of the background (mostly foliage), so the outdoor areas look amazing. If you played the game on an emulator, these were the areas riddled with the shittiest compression artifacts, because of the animated components:

Click image for larger version

Name:	304240_2015-01-22_00004.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	403866Click image for larger version

Name:	304240_2015-01-22_00005.png
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	403867Click image for larger version

Name:	304240_2015-01-22_00014.png
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	403868Click image for larger version

Name:	304240_2015-01-22_00015.png
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	403869Click image for larger version

Name:	304240_2015-01-22_00021.png
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	403870

Honestly, there's really only a few bad areas. People just kind of blew the issue up and threw it under a magnifying glass, so the good parts of the remaster got clumped together with the bad ones. There's a lot of really nicely redone areas to make up for the few shitty ones. The new lighting alone, is pretty amazing, when you see it in motion.

Which hallway on the left side of the mansion specifically? I've played though the remaster several times and only have seen one room rendered in realtime.
                    This one right here. They pretty much redid everything, except for maybe the wallpapers. In-game, the jaggies on the polygon objects such as the chairs and banister are a lot more noticeable, so you can tell that they aren't part of the background. They mentioned that recreating the room was necessary, so that the swaying shadow effect from the chandelier would look nice.

Name:	304240_2015-01-22_00025.png
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	403871Click image for larger version

Name:	304240_2015-01-22_00027.png
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	403872
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-22-2015, 02:31 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Looks like the video background became history:

Name:	Sem t&amp;#237;tulo.png
Size:	828.4 KB
ID:	403873

Comment

• Anyone have any luck so far with fixing the soundtrack? Also my friend wants to burrow my whole rig just to play as weskser... Bitch please back off.

Comment

• Wow, it seems modders are already having a nice party with RE Remaster. Well, after a decade waiting for slow Capcom to port this great game they deserve it.
                          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Anyone have any luck so far with fixing the soundtrack? Also my friend wants to burrow my whole rig just to play as weskser... Bitch please back off.
                            I tried making Wesker playable, I'm not sure what's going on but using him causes the game to crash.

Comment

• It's just not mean to be man

Comment

• There is always a way to work around something. All can be done in due time.

Comment

Working...
                                X