No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great remaster! I really hope the outbreak series will get the same treatment in the near future.

Comment

• I've read somewhere that TOSE worked on this Remaster, and since they already worked on the original version, maybe they had kept the source material.
      I've also read that another studio worked on the previous Remaster, K2. I don't know this one, but them being two different studios help to explain the difference in quality of the two games.

Comment

• Dunno about everyone else, but part of me is sad that you can just change outfits on the fly (which is totally unrealistic, I mean, who carries 8 outfits in a massive suitcase?!)

Loving the actual outfits themselves (my fave has to be the RE2 basketball outfit and the RE1 1996 STARS outfit with her classic bandana tied at the back!)

I do however, think its a real shame none of them are unlockable and are all just there already - so no Closet Key and going to change them like you used to do.

Not a fan of the control change either - Western released always had B or Square as Run - with X or Circle as Status/Inventory.
        Taken me a little while to get used to that.
        Wonder why Capcom didn't include a Western control scheme alongside? :/
        Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 01-23-2016, 07:27 AM.
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Playing through the hard mode right now, holy fucktits is this stressful! I'm towards the end and struggling not to get hit at all and run past enemies at the same time so I have enough ammo to keep the queen leech off of Rebecca at the end.

Comment

• Enigmatism, I bet they could incorporate all sorts of new lighting tricks into the RE2 backgrounds. Not to mention high resolution textures, better rendering, and high polygon models. RE2make could be the best looking game out there. Character models should be all completely rebuilt with super high poly models, hi resolution textures. Perhaps diffused lighting as well as ambient occlusion. Man RE2make would be amazing if they handle in correctly.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I know this likely won't mesh well with others, but I'd actually like it if the 2 remake was in the style of revelations 2 and 4 in terms of gameplay. No episodic crap, but just third person over the shoulder. I know people have an attachment to the old style of resident evil before 4, but while I still love them, I always had more fun with the revelations style of gameplay and thought the environments looked pretty sweet as well.

Comment

• ^ not gonna lie, I would seriously lose my shit if Capcom were to do that. I've already seen what a third person Racoon City would look like thanks to ORC, I want the RE2make to be as "classical" as possible and stay clear from anything associated with action. After almost 12 years since RE4 changed the formula, the series is in need of a serious break from third person.
                Last edited by CODE_umb87; 01-24-2016, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake View Post
                  I know this likely won't mesh well with others, but I'd actually like it if the 2 remake was in the style of revelations 2 and 4 in terms of gameplay. No episodic crap, but just third person over the shoulder. I know people have an attachment to the old style of resident evil before 4, but while I still love them, I always had more fun with the revelations style of gameplay and thought the environments looked pretty sweet as well.
                  If Capcom try that **** I was highly consider boycotting the series for good.. This is their chance to show the fans that they can handle a 'classic' RE game on a modern engine/console.

We already had Darkside Chronicles (which I liked but this is different)

I think the RE4 type engine is stale and boring now - even playing RE6 I grew tired of it, even with the added moves and sprint to disguise the fact its the same old engine..

Keep it REmake and Zero styled Capcom - just add stuff ontop and improve on that instead..
                  They better keep all the silly plot stuff they put in DSC (Ada with her spy gadgets and loaded up to the teeth in her RE4 style, despite her meaning to be undercover!) Keep it like in RE2

I have no problem with action horror - I mean RE3 was pretty fast paced and action-y at times.. but keep it survival horror and the classic cameras etc
                  Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 01-24-2016, 10:50 AM.
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                    Playing through the hard mode right now, holy fucktits is this stressful! I'm towards the end and struggling not to get hit at all and run past enemies at the same time so I have enough ammo to keep the queen leech off of Rebecca at the end.
                    It is very hard indeed. I bet you gona suffer with low ammo against the big leech.

Comment

• This is how much total ammo I had left upon beating the final boss on hard mode (seconds before Rebecca turned the last valve).

Click image for larger version

Name:	final boss ammo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	404793

Comment

• I was literally about 10 seconds away from beating Hard/No Heal/No Save/Under 3 hours when I got hit by Queen Leech's acid attack. Billy died. Fucking game.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• YO FUCK THAT! This game was clearly designed to troll its players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            Enigmatism, I bet they could incorporate all sorts of new lighting tricks into the RE2 backgrounds. Not to mention high resolution textures, better rendering, and high polygon models. RE2make could be the best looking game out there. Character models should be all completely rebuilt with super high poly models, hi resolution textures. Perhaps diffused lighting as well as ambient occlusion. Man RE2make would be amazing if they handle in correctly.
                            Unfortunately, the source materials from RE2 and RE3 are probably long gone by now. Remember how the separate development team of RE3 couldn't even re-render the police station backgrounds in 640x480 like the newer backgrounds? That was after only a year! I'm shocked that they didn't keep the REmake source materials.

Comment

• Sadly, that seems to be the norm with alot of japanese companies back in the day. but i'd rather them start off from scratch when it comes to backgrounds for the RE2 Remake, those backgrounds are almost 20 years old now lol

Although a big part of me doubts they will use pre-rendered backgrounds. Tank controls and fixed camera angles maybe but i don't see them using pre-rendered backgrounds in todays day and age. Hope i'm wrong because they could create some beautiful things with the tech available today

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                                YO FUCK THAT! This game was clearly designed to troll its players.
                                That is why it is so good. Games now are designed for trolls.

Comment

Working...
                                X