No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8GB ram requirement, seriously what do they find to waste so much ram?
    I thought dx12 and vulkan where meant to reduce overhead and overall ram usage along with win10s memory
    compression.
    Aren't textures meant to be stored on gpu vram, might as well not bother with a gpu and just use software
    rendering and 16+gb ram.
    Last edited by Mikhail; 09-24-2016, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Anybody else hope that Ink Ribbons finally come back, and the game no longer saves things for you, you have to be smart and conserve your Ink Ribbons, and use them on a typewriter like in the past RE games?
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
        Anybody else hope that Ink Ribbons finally come back, and the game no longer saves things for you, you have to be smart and conserve your Ink Ribbons, and use them on a typewriter like in the past RE games?
        old hat, i'd rather it just resume from your curent room.
        I do like re zero idea of no item box though and having to drop things along your path to pickup later, that combined with
        limited ammo so your forced to time pefect health dodging runs at times along with limping.
        I'd make more sense to have pens and a diary like re3 Jill + voiceover, not to mention a video log like the Alice films since that's what happens in
        re1 onwards anyway.
        Last edited by Mikhail; 10-06-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
          Apparently there will be auto-saving and manual saving methods (similar to RECV and RE4 I guess). They said auto saving points will be less generous on higher difficulties, but anyway, f*ck checpoints for those of us who want to play with manual saves
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Manual saves are long overdue to return. Checkpoints ruined any type of dread of dying since you can start right back up probably a few moments behind where you just died.

Comment

But automatic health sprays / herbs do that anyway.
              Following on from my video log idea, it could have a highlight reel of your highest rated / most accurately timed kills for the
              past stages of gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                8GB ram requirement, seriously what do they find to waste so much ram?
                I thought dx12 and vulkan where meant to reduce overhead and overall ram usage along with win10s memory
                compression.
                Aren't textures meant to be stored on gpu vram, might as well not bother with a gpu and just use software
                rendering and 16+gb ram.
                It is becoming a standard these days.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                  It is becoming a standard these days.
                  Game engines / games with piss poor optimization, yep it's only getting worse as tech gets more powerful
                  as long as it's out the door devs don't even care anymore.

Comment

Finally, Resident Evil is scary again.

Comment

• Hell, yeah! It looks very promising. I can't wait to play it!

Comment

• WELL, WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK OF IT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                          WELL, WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK OF IT?
                          I liked it a lot, first time since Re3.5 Im hyped about a RE game.

And if you crank the internal resolution to 2.0 the game is gloriously fotorealistic(pc demo)
                          Last edited by yurieu; 01-05-2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Game is already preordered with the season pass. The demo was fun. I don't know if it reflects the actual story/main character or if it is the past that the maid character finds via tape. Suck to get hit main game like the demo and get infected.

Comment

• Yeah, this does seem kind of like going back to where 3.5 was going. Normally I'd have been livid over first-person viewpoint, but I think it works here. Without Silent Hills, I guess we'll have to make the best of this game.

Comment

• Nice of them to include a interaced mode, makes a massive difference to framerate just wish they'd of coupled it with a fullscreen filter
                                to make up for jaggies it creates, I wasn't exspecting this game to run at all on lowly laptop, only problem I have is it's not scaling some resolutions
                                to fullscreen properly but letterboxing instead.
                                Last edited by Mikhail; 01-06-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X