This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'm rather hoping this is HUNK as well. I get a bit sick of Capcom introducing so many new characters, plot stuff and whatnot, when they don't resolve all the old shit. Every new game seems to introduce some new threat, or mystery, new people we may not care about or whatever. It's a bit drawn out. You know? Like, some fans don't really mind that, but it's a bit on the annoying side for me because the series is already a convoluted mess, and before moving towards new stuff, there's some answers we may want before they just start being all random. Because if this ain't HUNK, we'd be asking...Where is HUNK? You know? Then that new guy would vanish, and 20 years later when we're at Resident Evil 15, we'd be like, what the hell happened to such and such? Or they'll just make new stories and use the Revelations games for all of this other mess.

Leave a comment:

• Wild Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Leon Scottfield View Post
    Yeah... I don't think so, discarding the possibility of that guy being Hunk just based on his looks is a mistake, the appearance of each character has changed a lot from game to game.
    Indeed but they don't de age. Look at Leon, from RE2 to RE6 his appearence did change, but you were able to recognize him, plus in every new game he looks older.

The only official image of unmasked hunk is the one from RE2, we should not take in account the Outbreak model, since it was never released. In Re2 he looks older than Leon, he looks like a seassoned veteran. Now in Re7 this "Redfield" looks like the picture from Re2 hunk.

What i think, is that 3A-7 is a clone of Hunk and that's why he looks quite similar to RE2 Hunk. I guess we will have to wait to the DLC

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
    lmfao what
    For the looks of his face, "Redfield" is not older than 35.
    Last edited by Wild Dog; 02-01-2017, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It is likely the villain in Umbrella Corps, which is probably the most gash game ever made.

Leave a comment:

• Leon Scottfield
    replied
    Yeah... I don't think so, discarding the possibility of that guy being Hunk just based on his looks is a mistake, the appearance of each character has changed a lot from game to game.

Leave a comment:

• Kei_M
    replied
    Originally posted by Wild Dog View Post
    "Redfield" looks to be in his early 30s.
    lmfao what

Leave a comment:

• Wild Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Leon Scottfield View Post
    When Hunk comes down a helicopter with the Umbrella logo and he says "I'm Redfield"

Seriously, maybe he's not Hunk but he's definitely not Chris.
    Not Hunk, he is 3A-7, just to be the forced Tie-In with Umbrella Corps. If he was Hunk he should look a bit older. "Redfield" looks to be in his early 30s.

Leave a comment:

• Kei_M
    replied
    Bored of it? Heck, I think one of the best things Capcom is doing is allowing some room for theorizing and discussion before (hopefully) clearing it up in the dlc. I'm only going off resident evil wiki but Chris has the same Japanese voice actor as regular Chris. If the Japanese choices are as infalible as Newsbot paints them, I don't think it's so silly to have some doubt. I do get why people say he looks different, but he really does have a vague resemblance to Chris from Re1 and I see 5 and 6 especially in the dlc image. I'm expecting this to all be cleared up in a few months, until then I'm going to enjoy theorizing:] haven't been able to do this since code Veronica

Originally posted by Scream View Post
    At the very least, games like this are also good for finding out what you say naturally in surprising situations - for me its various variations of "fucking hell" or "holy shit".
    I screamed from the Mia jump scare after the first fight xD. Like it wasn't even a scary moment but it totally knocked my breath away. That entire scene had me so on edge and full of Oh my God's I had to stop playing so I could suppress my giddiness and get back into the right frame of mind to get scared again.
    Last edited by Kei_M; 01-30-2017, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Heck, I'm a bit bored of people debating whether that's "Redfield" or not. Ha-ha. Christ, it isn't him. Why would Chris now want to work for Umbrella anyway? Unless he decided the world wasn't worth saving any longer, but I highly *DOUBT* that has happened.

Leave a comment:

• Leon Scottfield
    replied
    When Hunk comes down a helicopter with the Umbrella logo and he says "I'm Redfield"

Seriously, maybe he's not Hunk but he's definitely not Chris.
    Last edited by Leon Scottfield; 01-29-2017, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wild Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
    So did Mia initially "die" to leave Ethan to do the Bioweapon (Evaline) transport?
    No, Mia was coming back with Ethan after they dispatched Eveline to the other branch. Somehow Director Alan mess thing ups and Eveline goes Rogue. Mia tries to capture Eveline she fails and sends the video telling Ethan that he should not look for her. Three Years later Eve, forces MIA to send the E-mail saying come and get me at the baker residence.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    I'm playing on a PC with the game installed on a SSD.
    That's odd, because i'm playing on PC too and i get a solid 60 fps and my PC is mid tier high end PC (AMD..)

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
    I've been questioning whether the website 'Reddit' has any real RE fans after they believed HUNK (?) or that "Redfield" guy was actually the Chris Redfield. Come on!
    The dead giveaway is when he says " I'M REDFIELD" with an Evil voice.... The only thing that was missing was the muahahah...
    Last edited by Wild Dog; 01-29-2017, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've been questioning whether the website 'Reddit' has any real RE fans after they believed HUNK (?) or that "Redfield" guy was actually the Chris Redfield. Come on!
    Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2017, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scream
    replied
    Before the game was released I was expecting to say "nothing like a funeral to bring the family together" heh, but so far I find the game pretty good - just reached the double chainsaw dude who was pretty annoying.. but the basement area came off pretty well, it felt/looked a lot like REmake. Maybe not as great as RE4 was in changing the genre, but it's close..

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
    Loved this game. Screamed out loud few times which made me giddy with excitement.
    At the very least, games like this are also good for finding out what you say naturally in surprising situations - for me its various variations of "fucking hell" or "holy shit".

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    I think 'Inside Report' is more of a making of thing. But if there is any story stuff be sure to let us know!
    Last edited by TheBatMan; 01-28-2017, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSelfishGene
    replied
    So did Mia initially "die" to leave Ethan to do the Bioweapon (Evaline) transport?
    Do we think Umbrella made Evaline? Or another company? And Umbrella come in at the end to investigate the outbreak and potentially steal research. Given that they worked with H.C.F who are known rivals to Umbrella (CODE: Veronica) I would suspect a third party.

Overall I really liked the game - the final boss was over the top silly, but Capcom can't seem to help themselves.

It also looks like the Inside Report from the E-Capcom collector's edition has the Umbrella Corps logo on the cover. Maybe it contains some more information on their involvement in the ending
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ryukeri-img450x600-14855633961485563396.1935101528f62nw10152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	404971
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 01-28-2017, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Fuck Mark Reichwein.

本計画は2000年、 H.C.F.の技術協力のもと、 「敵集団を戦闘によらず制圧する生物兵器」 の開発を目的としてスタートした。
    Under H.C.F.'s technical cooperation, this project began in 2000 for the development of a "bioweapon able to bring enemy groups under control without resorting to battle."
    There is no "NEXBAS", it's completely pulled out of Reichwein's ass. Eveline also has no "damn you all to hell" line.
    Last edited by News Bot; 01-27-2017, 06:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X