Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimacloud123
    replied
    I ended up preordering RE2 last night. I ended up forking over the extra 10 bucks for the deluxe edition for the outfits, especially the Elza Walker one. Man.... January I feel is a long ways away.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Did someone manage to find the maps for 1F-3F? I'm trying to piece them together but I can't get a good look at the west wing of 2F.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
    GUUUYYYSSS!!!

This is how it should have been!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbErj1w7ycQ
    Honestly, I'd rather just play the original. RE2 has been hammered and picked apart on this and other forums for so many years, decades, I know it inside and out, I'm actually pleased they've took the direction they have. My next favourite thing to play is Darkside Chronicles, I think imo it's probably one of the best RE games since RE4. This game is including bits of everything I wanted, more gore, more atmosphere, 1.5 elements, I couldn't have asked for more without being a greedy bastard.

Just to play an HD remastered version of the original wouldn't peak my interest at all, don't get me wrong I love old school survival horror, but the original has become a piece of art to me now, I'd much rather just play that and let my imagination do the rest of the work if I want that experience. You know, I don't think I've even played REmake from start to finish, it's beautiful, but it's a dated format, this is probably the first step to RE actually getting back on track in the action survival horror format.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2018, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mikhail
    replied
    When's the PC demo out?

Leave a comment:

• Undead Sega
    replied
    GUUUYYYSSS!!!

This is how it should have been!!!

The game is Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster with Leon and Ada models from Resident Evil 4 HD.All music from the Resident Evil 2 OST.Please leave a like if you en...

Leave a comment:

• MeganGrass
    replied
    SO MUCH HYPE. This is true fan service done right.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    While I know people want RE3 to evt. become its separate thing, if/when a remake is done, but I really do hope and wonder if there'll be deliberate ties to RE3 planted in this remake and if any elements from it will appear.
    It would certainly be interesting to read a few new files from Jill in the RPD or something referencing the Nemesis BOW somewhere in the labs, but no thanks to DLC. More focus on Resident Evil 2, please.

Somewhat related, my main gripe with Darkside Chronicles is that CAPCOM attempted to make Resident Evil 2 into a bloated "one size fits all" story arc. Everything to everyone. There's already enough going on and that's what makes this game so special -- there weren't any further sequels or unrealistic expectations of what RE2 should be, in 1998 (excluding our intricate 1.5 complex, of course )

--Although--

Crimson heads would certainly be a welcome addition, but I'm not counting on that. My RE knowledge of canon is severely lacking, but I believe their presence would conflict with effectual properties of the T/G viruses and how the initial outbreak spread through Raccoon City. Please feel free to correct me as I continue yelling at clouds.

Leave a comment:

• P.I.M.P.
    replied
    Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
    How are they playing? Can you download it already???
    couldnt tell you, they come across them playing resident evil for the first time ever, not mxing herbs, getting bit all the time etc etc lol...abit annoying but good to see alot of footage

Leave a comment:

• Undead Sega
    replied
    How are they playing? Can you download it already???

Leave a comment:

• P.I.M.P.
    replied

longest stream out there for the game i believe, some interesting things here not seen in the other videos

Leave a comment:

• P.I.M.P.
    replied
    Originally posted by blackpower View Post
    We also hope the presence of Crisom Heads
    same

Leave a comment:

• Wild Dog
    replied
    Claire doesn't even look what she used to look in RE2, RECV, RER2 but she looks way too close to Zoey from L4D

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoey_Profile.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	405024

Leave a comment:

• blackpower
    replied
    We also hope the presence of Crisom Heads

Leave a comment:

• Biohazard 1995
    replied
    R.P.D. Main Hall (BH2 Concept Art + BH2TE Beta BSS):
    _ _
    Last edited by Biohazard 1995; 07-21-2018, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Graco
    replied
    Originally posted by geluda View Post
    It absolutely is a reimagining, as one guy nicely put it in the video I posted above, imagine it like a "scenario C". The RPD is different, the puzzles are different, the character roles and interactions are different, but the recognisable elements are all there in some shape or form, the famous rooms, the supporting characters, the focus on survival horror, and so on.

Personally I don't mind this, some of the things I like most about RE games are the images it leaves in your mind, it's not necessarily the entire experience from a-b that is important, but how you reflect on the experience afterwards. Particularly the artwork and the atmosphere, those elements alone leave a longer lasting imprint in my mind than dodging zombies and collecting grenade rounds.

The fact that the RPD is dark is yet another nod to 1.5, something that I really like the idea of, and seeing enemies like the female zombie or the fat cop, make me feel like the game is presenting the best of both worlds. I honestly think I'd be a little disappointed if it was just a cookie cut HD remaster of the original, because there's nothing wrong with the original to begin with, this shall be a nice experience.
    Precisely. I was a bit apprehensive towards the idea of not using fixed camera angles but what they did to compensate for this change is more than acceptable for me. It’s not RE6 with an RE2 paint job. I’m especially pleased with the development team identifying the finer aspects of 1.5 and incorporating them into this remake. This will be a fresh experience and if the eastern corridor is an indication of things to come then this game will easily be the best survival horror offering of the series since the RE1 remake.

Leave a comment:

• Wild Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Gradon View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised they actually acknowledged 1.5.
    Well they never denied her either. From my point of view, they never had any reasson to talk about her or the canned 1.5. I'm sure they know there is a fan base that loves 1.5 but for them was just a canned a game that from their point of view was too flawed to be released.
    I think this version of RE2 will take some elements from RE 1.5, of course i doubt that marvin will survive... Otherwise they will have to redo the whole cannon. Can you imagine Marvin BSAA???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X