Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mirrors arrived today, along with a few other pieces.

I got the Umbrella and STARS mirrors (the Caution one was for sale too, but I was outbid on it ). They're manufactured by CARMATE and have clips on the back to clip onto your existing rear-view mirror. The STARS one comes with a small allen key so you can unscrew the front and replace the clock battery.

Got a boxed Biohazard keychain too, one of the three shown in the magazine scan you posted a couple of pages back Gene.

Also pictured is a set of 4 "not for sale" BHO pins, a copy of the Rize "Gunshot" single (from GunSurv4:HND), an unused Code Veronica telecard and a copy of the Umbrella Chronicles Reviewer's Guide. Also labelled as a "Wesker's Report" on the front cover it appears it may be (at least in part) a translation of the Extra Report from the Japanese BH:UC Zapper bundle. Published by DoubleJump Books, it features 12 glossy pages full of character bios, weapon details, artwork, game info and an interview with Masachika Kawata.

The other item in the photo is a flashlight that I don't know much about. It's a Garrity flashlight of US origin with strap and beltclip. Has the Capcom logo printed around the head. I'm not even sure if it's Resident Evil related, though I can't think of any other Capcom franchise that would be a more obvious fit for this kind of promo item. Bought it from a dev who reckons he got it at an E3 many years ago, but doesn't recall the details. Anyone able to shed any light on it? (pun not intended)
    Attached Files

Comment

• Could anyone recommend a good online store for UK delivery for various figures. I google about but I'm getting a lot of listed and out of stock things.

Used to be a really great store in my town for this sort fo thing but it closed down early this year.

I don't wanna use ebay either, I'm busy a lot and don't have time for sniper-bid wars.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• That's why you find Buy It Now items and just skip the bidding, just make sure it's a decent price that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by consoul View Post
          My mirrors arrived today, along with a few other pieces.

I got the Umbrella and STARS mirrors (the Caution one was for sale too, but I was outbid on it ). They're manufactured by CARMATE and have clips on the back to clip onto your existing rear-view mirror. The STARS one comes with a small allen key so you can unscrew the front and replace the clock battery.

Got a boxed Biohazard keychain too, one of the three shown in the magazine scan you posted a couple of pages back Gene.

Also pictured is a set of 4 "not for sale" BHO pins, a copy of the Rize "Gunshot" single (from GunSurv4:HND), an unused Code Veronica telecard and a copy of the Umbrella Chronicles Reviewer's Guide. Also labelled as a "Wesker's Report" on the front cover it appears it may be (at least in part) a translation of the Extra Report from the Japanese BH:UC Zapper bundle. Published by DoubleJump Books, it features 12 glossy pages full of character bios, weapon details, artwork, game info and an interview with Masachika Kawata.

The other item in the photo is a flashlight that I don't know much about. It's a Garrity flashlight of US origin with strap and beltclip. Has the Capcom logo printed around the head. I'm not even sure if it's Resident Evil related, though I can't think of any other Capcom franchise that would be a more obvious fit for this kind of promo item. Bought it from a dev who reckons he got it at an E3 many years ago, but doesn't recall the details. Anyone able to shed any light on it? (pun not intended)
          Another great group of items I believe the flashlight was related to RE: Dead Aim, I'll try to dig up some info.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent_Wong View Post
            That's why you find Buy It Now items and just skip the bidding, just make sure it's a decent price that's all.

All the better figures I always see as bids only. Is only the less popular I see as buy it nows.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Anyone know where I can get a Hot Toys Leon R.P.D. figure without raping my wallet? eBay has a few, but honestly they're way too expensive.

Comment

• I think I just picked up an original, sealed copy of Resident Evil 2 on the Cube

Comment

• my new poster:

Comment

• Very nice, where did you get the poster from?

Comment

• i got it from ebay

Comment

• Anyone got one is that left hand grip supposed to twist? i'm guessing X is mapped to that single right shoulder button.

also this looks like a crude version of the wii mote
                        Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-23-2009, 04:42 PM.
                        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                          Anyone got one is that left hand grip supposed to twist? i'm guessing X is mapped to that single right shoulder button.
                          I've got the Japanese release, and the left hand side doesn't rotate.
                          It was released in the west, but I don't have this release to confirm that it does or doesn't rotate.

At least on the Jap one, the right trigger is mapped to Square. X is mapped on one of the face buttons. However, I think that the Japanese control defaults are different to the Western ones? I'm not sure. I'm not sure if
                          this was changed in the Western release of the controller either.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I have both versions and neither left grip rotates. My Euro one is packed away now, but as I recall the X and O mappings were reversed.

*edit* And I've got that ASCII Grip controller too. Not really good to use unless you've lost an arm.
                            Last edited by consoul; 12-23-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• I just thought they might of been a reason for that solid left plastic grip with the ridges, it doesn't look particularly comfortable, I bet it digs into your hands after a while. Do you shoot with the shoulder button as X though like in modern games? the only difference between Japanese and English controllers as far as I know is Circle = X but on the example I gave that doesn't look right.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Updated LR for the first time in a few months. Around 100 updates! (Please let me know if you find any broken links or other oddities.)
                                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Working...
                                X