This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That dog is awesome, hes beautiful.

Is it me or does he have two different coloured eyes?

Comment

• that is a husky trait. one brown, one blue. my husky is the same way. its not uncommon to them that way.
      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
        That dog is awesome, hes beautiful.

Is it me or does he have two different coloured eyes?
        Heterochromia isn't unusual in dogs and some particular breeds are often prized for it (Old English Sheepdogs, Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Husky are a couple of such breeds to name a few), however 5th is lucky it's only in one eye as it can also be used as a tell-tale sign of a dog being fully deaf as some dogs that have a different coloration can also be blind due to a genetic disorder and/or disease and breeders often use it as a marker for such possible issues when the eye is blue or an almost grey/white shade as that's the more common one to signal an issue if it occurs in both eyes of the pup when born.

Sorry, had to jump in. Rescue, rehabilitate, train dogs and I also specialize in the Old English Sheepdog breed and Alaskan Malamutes (more OES than AM though).

Plus, one of my two (one passed) of my OES have had a blue and brown eye difference.

Anyway 5th, loving your collection. Like the typewriter too, makes me wish my parents hadn't gotten rid of mine.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
          Heterochromia isn't unusual in dogs and some particular breeds are often prized for it (Old English Sheepdogs, Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Husky are a couple of such breeds to name a few), however 5th is lucky it's only in one eye as it can also be used as a tell-tale sign of a dog being fully deaf as some dogs that have a different coloration can also be blind due to a genetic disorder and/or disease and breeders often use it as a marker for such possible issues when the eye is blue or an almost grey/white shade as that's the more common one to signal an issue if it occurs in both eyes of the pup when born.

Sorry, had to jump in. Rescue, rehabilitate, train dogs and I also specialize in the Old English Sheepdog breed and Alaskan Malamutes (more OES than AM though).

Plus, one of my two (one passed) of my OES have had a blue and brown eye difference.

Anyway 5th, loving your collection. Like the typewriter too, makes me wish my parents hadn't gotten rid of mine.
          THANKS for all the nice comments about my RE collection & 'Wings', my Husky hybrid ! ~ His dad is a Siberian Wolf/Siberian Husky cross, and his mum is an Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Husky cross. I wondered whether it was that mix that increased the chance of the Heterochromia.

The typewriter was a lucky find in a charity shop for £20

I need to update my collection album.....latest purchases include a rare strategy guide for Dead Aim, and the fantastic Resident Evil 5 artbook.
          I have done scans of the artbook, which you can download from here ~

Comment

• Originally posted by 5TH SURVIVOR View Post
            THANKS for all the nice comments about my RE collection & 'Wings', my Husky hybrid ! ~ His dad is a Siberian Wolf/Siberian Husky cross, and his mum is an Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Husky cross. I wondered whether it was that mix that increased the chance of the Heterochromia.

The typewriter was a lucky find in a charity shop for £20

I need to update my collection album.....latest purchases include a rare strategy guide for Dead Aim, and the fantastic Resident Evil 5 artbook.
            I have done scans of the artbook, which you can download from here ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/blog/
            It's a genetic trait, usually if it's shown up once or twice in either one of the lines then it usually will have a higher chance of showing up.

Of course, it can also vary depending on the amount of the pure breed mix between it.

It's a pretty trait, but with the higher chance of it also comes a higher chance of genetic disorders and as I said before, the most common one is deafness but it's really rather uncommon to happen if the dog has one one Heterochromia. I've seen some unusual mixes of it as it can also happen around the pupil or even shapes within the iris.

For instance, the colour could be say, white/grey/blue (classified more or less as the same) around the pupil but red outside of it.

I've had three Alaskan Malamutes, one whose bloodline was more wolf than Malamute than the other two and there were visible differences. Rocky (the more wolf one, his father was a pure wolf and the mother was half Malamute, half wolf according to the records we found on him - all of the Malamutes I had were abused/abandoned and we rescued, rehabilitated and trained them) and he had a hazel colour around the pupil before a warm brown, to a red outside.

In contrast to him, Zoe had black iris' with a slight section of white and Moshi had red to black irises.

My OES Harry had a sky blue eye and one of my OES at the moment, Henry has a striped eye that is blue and brown, whilst the other is a brown/hazel mix.

So those sorts of colour variations can be considered as traits (or acceptable eye colours' for official breed standards) depending on how they look.

Overall, with the breeding to get to the actual breed that we know today - there's been some genetic changes in them considering the origins of them, some could consider the Heterochromia to be a genetic defect, but most find it interesting to consider it a genetic trait that can be found more commonly in some breeds than others without major genetic disorders that can come along with it which is why a lot of the bloodlines for particular breeds are often tested, monitored by breeders and/or clubs dedicated to the breeds to make sure that dogs that could end up with a defect and be in pain doesn't get out.

Despite that, there's still some in-breeding lines and that tends to bring in Heterochromia with higher chances of deafness, blindness among other issues so some breeders are making their range larger such as the OES breeders here are now breeding with the American OES (they have more brown looking coats than the usual grey colour of the breed standard).

Overall, the ones I've found with more wild bloodlines usually won't have Heterochromia to be found often unless there's other things such as phantom coat colouring or other recessive genes that might have a higher chance of being passed on when bred with another of a similar gene pool but not related.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense as I'm tired and kind of rambling here. ;

And nice, that's a good price for the typewriter. I had a similar model and a shitload of ink ribbons but I'm pretty sure my parents gave it to a family friend or something along with some mining gear (about late 40s or early 50s, perfect condition surprisingly) I found when we were digging on our property down in the Snowy Mountains years ago.

Mostly no idea why the typewriter was with it, I can only assume that part of our water boar was one of the old mining shafts in the region from before they flooded one of the nearby towns and flooded one of the old mines in doing so if my memory is correct.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Finally, i managed to get the Biohazard Snowboard "Made in heaven", limited to 100 pieces worlwide (if i'm right).
              Now i just have to get the suit that comes with, if anyone knows where i can find it...

Comment

• Originally posted by William Birkin View Post
                Finally, i managed to get the Biohazard Snowboard "Made in heaven", limited to 100 pieces worlwide (if i'm right).
                Now i just have to get the suit that comes with, if anyone knows where i can find it...
                Wow.
                I didn't know if it even really existed. The one in the Bio3 booklet looks like a concept art.

Can you post pictures soon please?
                sigpic

Comment

• Yes, i saw it many times in different Biohazard books/guides, but it was very hard to find, the first i saw on sale.
                  I'll post some pictures next week i think, i'll show you the link of pictures as soon as they're done ;-)

Comment

• Well we recently moved to a new house, and I have spent the past week unpacking all my games again, anyway first to go back out was my Resident Evil / Biohazard collection. I decided to use my whole wood shelf for it Enjoy.

Also I bought the Resident Evil Wii pack that has The Darkside Chronicles plus a really good Magnum Wii gun and Knife. They are better quality then I first thought. A nice addition to my collection

Also added shots of shelf by shelf for closer inspection.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DONNIemo; 05-30-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                      Well we recently moved to a new house, and I have spent the past week unpacking all my games again, anyway first to go back out was my Resident Evil / Biohazard collection. I decided to use my whole wood shelf for it Enjoy.

Also I bought the Resident Evil Wii pack that has The Darkside Chronicles plus a really good Magnum Wii gun and Knife. They are better quality then I first thought. A nice addition to my collection

Also added shots of shelf by shelf for closer inspection.
                      very nice indeed!! I should really dig out my whole collection and post it but it's all buried away somewhere.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        very nice indeed!! I should really dig out my whole collection and post it but it's all buried away somewhere.
                        Thank you , and yes something as lovely as a RE collection should be out on show! Not hidden in boxes

Comment

• DONNIemo: i like the presentation, best collection are the ones with excellent presentation, that's a good news you can now display all you items!

Here some pictures of the SnowBoard:

I'll take more pictures for this Week-end and send you the Link.

Comment

• I have been staring at these pictures of William's new treasure for far too long now for a normal person......I just cannot take my eyes off it. I normally only collect games & books, but I WANT THIS BOARD.......It is SO beautiful man, well done on acquiring this magnificent piece. It would take pride of place in any collection, including my own ! It must have cost a small fortune, but worth every penny.

Comment

• Originally posted by William Birkin View Post
                              DONNIemo: i like the presentation, best collection are the ones with excellent presentation, that's a good news you can now display all you items!
                              my presentation is simple. i just threw everything into two tall ass cabinets and called it a day.
                              Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM.
                              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• One day my Resident Evil collection will take up an entire room

Comment

Working...
                                X