No announcement yet.

Resident evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont really think dino crisis 2 can be called a horror can it?
    I played it lots as a kid and it never scared me.

RE has a good plot right? and it has mysteries right? like strange reports or papers that you can read around the place and things?

Comment

A good plot.
      but bad acting. But that gives the series some humor.
      most of the bad acting comes from secandary characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnosaur View Post
        Are they rare? I live in New zealand and I really havnt seem many of the older resident evil games. And I bet it would be really hard to get the comics or books or whatnot.
        Originally posted by Carnosaur View Post
        The biggest problem I have is finding the games. Especcily the first. Games seem to be so rare in new zealand. I honestly have never seen a resident evil 1,2 or 3 around. And they are rarely ever on trade me (NZs ebay).
        Which part of NZ you in? (In NZ myself)

The RE titles on PSOne can be releatively easy to come by... looking at the currently listed titles on Trade Me, you could get copies of all three original games (RE, RE2, RE3) together in total for around $100. Other consoles editions aren't so easy to find, but there are also copies of RE Code Veronica X on PS2 easily found as well. Just depends on what you want/need. I can drop you some links or give you some suggestions on where to look store wise if you have a list of what you're looking for.
        Last edited by Rombie; 09-22-2007, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Hey

Yea I have come across a few on trade me.

What part of NZ?

I live near christchurch. I think the it will be best just to try get the games in order. As in get the first few and worry about the rest as I come to them.

Comment

I'm up in Wellington. I used to be down closer to your way, in Dunedin.

If you use Trade Me avoid a copy of Resident Evil: Directors Cut unless you really want the extras from it. It'll cost you far more to buy the DC edition rather than the original these days (I see copies of the original go for only $30-40 when the Directors Cut can go up to $100 alone if it's in good nick and has the RE2 demo with it), which wont be worth it if you're just going to play the game. You shouldn't need to pay much more than $30 also for RE2 - it's really common, but RE3 might set you back up to $45-50 for a copy in great shape. They're not as common.

Right now I can see an original RE on PSOne with a buy now of $37.50 in good nic, and a copy of RE3 with a buy now of $35 "on special" from the trader.

Speaking of which also avoid using the traders who put their tag or ### or some symbol in front of all their listings if you can help it. Their quality can differ from what they advertise due to bulk listings/multiple copies or charge higher prices because they can wait on the sale. You're better off looking for one off traders who either are just clearing their old games or have no idea what to charge (I've picked up a few bargains off Trade Me for games that are worth easily $70 or more for $10 or $20).

Storewise, if you're heading into Christchurch shopping areas - check out Gamesman's and EB's pre-owned titles. You won't likely find any PSOne titles, but it might be easy to track down some PS2 or GC RE titles. I don't like EB a lot myself but they also have the benefit that if you want a particular title they can search all pre-owned stocks nationwide (and even into Australia if needed) and perhaps find you a copy. That service doesn't cost anything, but the price of pre-owned titles at EB can be exceptionally high sometimes because it's where the company makes most of it's profit from.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X