No announcement yet.

Phantom Gate Easter Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Akuma one was posted in an issue of EGM (April Fool's issue, I believe), that said that if you beat RE2, in under an hour and a half, with only the handgun and knife, you could unlock Akuma. Vincent Merken, a well known RE speedrunner, accomplished this feat and was able to prove the rumor wrong.

Comment

You mean theres no akuma? NOOOOOOOOOOO jk

Im sure you're gonna tell me next you can't fight Sheng Long in Street Fighter 2 now...:p

Comment

Does anyone know for sure how to get the angle? I recall getting it a few times, but it seems to be entirely random as to how I get it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

It seems that it works in either Leon's and Claire's A scenarios. I can verify that it works in Beta 2, also, but there's no difference to the normal game.
          Last edited by Helegad; 11-25-2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Ill tell you all how i used to get it - IF i can remember correctly, ill try it later on if i can be bothered, im pretty lazy nowadays.

If i recall, you had to get to that point without picking up anything bar the shotty if i remember. Then when you get to the courtyard outside the RPD, GO THROUGH THE PARK AND KILL THE TWO ZOMBIES. Now walk up to the gate and press X and the camera should switch. One thing I always noticed about this was that if you ran into the gate - so leon or claire were running on the spot - and pressed the action button, the running animation stopped momentarily like it was going to load something before continuing. It worked on my dreamcast version...

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              Does anyone know for sure how to get the angle? I recall getting it a few times, but it seems to be entirely random as to how I get it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
              Funny, I uploaded yesterday a video in French about how to get this view angle ^^
              Decouvrez comment acceder a la Grille Fantome de RE2!English speakers:This Tips&Tricks for Resident Evil 2 explain how to access the "Phantom Gate".Basically...

I'd put an English text in the video description:
              This Tips&Tricks for Resident Evil 2 explain how to access the "Phantom Gate".
              Basically, grab at least ONE item, kill the 2 zombies in the garden and then, you can access the Phantom Gate.
              If you step outside of it and want to re-enter it, just go inside the Main Hall of the RPD and go back to the Phantom Gate.

I should had to this text that you need to press the Action button of your joypad to access this view angle.
              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Nah, you don't have to miss any items. But yes, I just remembered, you do have to press 'action'.

Comment

The only way to view the gate is to start on easy difficulty and kill the two zombies on the footpath towards the rpd and stairs as they won't appear when you play it on normal difficulty then check the wall opposite the rpd doors and you'll see the gate which Jill goes though in re3 where she witnesses Brad getting killed by the nemesis.
                  Last edited by kevstah2004; 11-25-2007, 10:00 PM.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I've always assumed that you only had to go to the wall across from the front door to the RPD and press the action button. It's always worked for me. *shrugs*

Oh, and also:

The only way to view the gate is to start on easy difficulty and kill the two zombies on the footpath towards the rpd and stairs as they won't appear when you play it on normal difficulty then check the wall opposite the rpd doors and you'll see the gate which Jill goes though in re3 where she witnesses Brad getting killed by the nemesis.
                    This isn't true, as these zombies DO appear in Normal as well as Easy.

Comment

That's what I thought too. Why would Capcom remove enemies on a harder difficulty level?

Comment

Originally posted by lanaka View Post
                        The Akuma one was posted in an issue of EGM (April Fool's issue, I believe), that said that if you beat RE2, in under an hour and a half, with only the handgun and knife, you could unlock Akuma. Vincent Merken, a well known RE speedrunner, accomplished this feat and was able to prove the rumor wrong.
                        LMAO... Merken didn't prove it wrong at all... he didn't need to. It was debunked by public and EGM themselves in the months following the issue, years before Vincent's runs. The tip was the yearly April Fools gag they'd done for a number of years at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                          That's what I thought too. Why would Capcom remove enemies on a harder difficulty level?
                          I know they don't show up if Brad is down the stairs (ie. You haven't grabbed any items en route to the police station).
                          sigpic

Comment

LMAO... Merken didn't prove it wrong at all... he didn't need to. It was debunked by public and EGM themselves in the months following the issue, years before Vincent's runs. The tip was the yearly April Fools gag they'd done for a number of years at that point.
                            He didn't HAVE to, no, but to say he didn't AT ALL, is wrong. =/ He most certainly did, and there are plenty of people who can corroborate his story. I think there may be a vid somewhere of it, but I dunno about that. If you don't believe me, well, Thomas Wilde (the guy who continued Dan Birlew's RE Plot Analysis) is a friend of Vincent's, and has stated numerous times that Merken DID pull off his Akuma-debunking run.

Even with EGM themselves saying it was a fake, there were, and still are, numerous people who believe it's true, and will swear up and down that they've done it, or seen someone who has.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                              I know they don't show up if Brad is down the stairs (ie. You haven't grabbed any items en route to the police station).
                              I stand corrected.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lanaka View Post
                                He didn't HAVE to, no, but to say he didn't AT ALL, is wrong. =/ He most certainly did, and there are plenty of people who can corroborate his story. I think there may be a vid somewhere of it, but I dunno about that. If you don't believe me, well, Thomas Wilde (the guy who continued Dan Birlew's RE Plot Analysis) is a friend of Vincent's, and has stated numerous times that Merken DID pull off his Akuma-debunking run.

Even with EGM themselves saying it was a fake, there were, and still are, numerous people who believe it's true, and will swear up and down that they've done it, or seen someone who has.
                                I'm sure they do, but they're just like people who still believe that Bigfoot exists in GTA: San Andreas, and you can use guns with a cheat in Driver 2.

(P.S: I'm one of those people that believe the Bigfoot in SA myth. Along with Leatherface and UFOs. Check Picsearch for pics of these 'myths'.)

Comment

Working...
                                X