No announcement yet.

Phantom Gate Easter Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried normal on biohazard 2 on Dreamcast. Killed the 2 zombies, and sure enough, found the gate. First time I'd ever seen it. Using inf ammo on the shotgun, killed the zombies on the other side, and then entered the police station and then came back to the gate. They respawn. So do the ones at the other gate.

I also noticed the little hick when you press action while running at the gate. Makes me think they had more planned for it. Shame it wasn't to be.

I might experiment to see if you can get it after you kill Brad. If I find the time tomorrow.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 11-27-2007, 07:37 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Im going to do it today

Comment

make shure it's on the save you beat tofu with.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
          make shure it's on the save you beat tofu with.
          Why's that?

Hey, didn't the 'Versus' Guide have this?? ...I'm sure that is how I found out about this, and I didn't play this first until April of '98...

not to mention, they had all the cheat codes to access the Biohazard stuff/areas way before anyone else, that I can remember anyways.(pages 126-129)

I miss Versus, they knew how to make strat guides enjoyable, in other words "funny as Hell".

Comment

Not sure...
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Nah, you don't need a Tofu save. I done it on a new game.

Comment

To get rebecca you do...supposedly.

Comment

Ok, you can't get the gate after killing Brad. When you exit and enter after killing Brad, the 2 zombies are there, and can get it after you kill them.

For kicks I did it on the Dreamcast on 'Hard' mode. Brad took 7 grenade rounds from mid-distance (In the DC hard / nightmare modes, nearly all zombies are like the regular Brad)
                  sigpic

Comment

god thats a lot... ahaha I just did it, wow thats pretty weird, I always wondered how in the hell jill was able to get to the station that way...
                    Last edited by Stars_g36; 11-28-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Yeah, now that I think of it, I should have been wondering the same thing!

Comment

The Phantom Gate is easy to get.

1. Do whatever you normally do, to get to the station.

2. Make sure you pick up at least 1 item as Wesker said. This is to stop Brad from appearing.

3. Once at the station, make there are the two zombies where they normally are.

4. Kill them.

5. Go to where the gate is positioned, once there press Action, the game will stop for a second and then the gate will appear.

This has worked for me 100% of the time on all the version of RE2 I have played.

PS make sure you are on Scenario A for either character.
                        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Hang on, so you can't get it when Brad appears. But those two other zombies are still there! What's the difference? I'll try it when I get home.

Comment

For whatever reason, from my experience, if Brad is there the gate won't appear.
                            Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I'll try. I'll probably be wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X