Biohazard 2 - Beta 1: Anyone have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard 2 - Beta 1: Anyone have it?

Like the title says, I'm looking for the first beta of Biohazard 2. Apparently, White Umbrella used to have it uploaded (along with RE: Survivor PC), but their website was taken down for some reason.

Does this beta still exist anywhere? I'd love to get my hands on it.

Back when I was a bit higher up in White Umbrella, back during the URES days, we never actually had the Beta 1 uploaded. There was one agent who claimed to have it but we never got enough substantial evidence that he indeed possessed it.

It definitely exists though.

Comment

Oh, well I read on another message board that it did. Oh well, I trust you more than some other random guy on a message board that doesn't even require registration.

Comment

Haha, although I wasn't extremely high up I am pretty sure we never got our hands on it. Someone kept waving it in front of us but I don't think any proof came of that actually existing.

Comment

I thought we disproved Beta 1 over on Bioflames? I remember a thread where a lot of us posted 1.5 pictures, compared them to there final backgrounds and it really did look like photoshopping.

Maybe i'm wrong, i'm sure Dot50 and Carnivol were in the thread that i'm thinking of.

Edit:

http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewt...highlight=beta

That's the one i'm thinking of.
          Last edited by randomwab; 11-29-2007, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I had thought it was fake, but Scream and Matt attested it's real and I don't see why they have a reason to lie about it. It probably did exist, but the person who sent the screenshots in never contacted them again about it, so for all intents and purposes I wouldn't even ask about it. Its likely in someones closet or trashed by now if it hasn't re-surfaced.

Comment

Dot, can you please post the collage of the Beta 1 screenshots again? I'd like to check something out.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

I dont have them on me, I'm sure someone else does.

Comment

What about Beta 2 V2 aka Beta 3 with the supportively more unlocked debug menu?

In Beta 2 V 1 you can use these weapons without it crashing if anyone knows anymore let me know I think all the ones with corrupt images are placeholders

Hand Gun
                  Flamethrower
                  R. Launcher
                  Calico 950
                  Shotgun
                  C. Shotgun
                  Magnum
                  C. Magnum
                  Gatling Gun
                  Sub Machine Gun
                  Knife
                  Uzi -

Unusable are Claire's weapons the Sparkshot, Grenade Launcher & Bow Gun also the machine gun and custom handgun in this pic is unusable.
                  Last edited by kevstah2004; 11-29-2007, 07:27 AM.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

The beta 2 v2 pictures surfaced just a few years ago, and were probably faked as photoshop was pretty common at that time. Its pretty easy to fake an image like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                      Back when I was a bit higher up in White Umbrella, back during the URES days, we never actually had the Beta 1 uploaded. There was one agent who claimed to have it but we never got enough substantial evidence that he indeed possessed it.

It definitely exists though.
                      I found this
                      flexbeta.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, flexbeta.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

hmmm

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                        I found this
                        flexbeta.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, flexbeta.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

hmmm
                        I'm guessing that's an incorrectly identified Beta 2. If that is the case, we haven't lost anything.

Otherwise, I highly doubt that was a Beta 1. Beta 1 definitely exists. Someone before showed me the same proof Matt and Scream saw.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler'd for space saving goodness.
                          Last edited by Project Omega; 11-29-2007, 10:31 AM.

Comment

The one with Marvin in looks like Resident Evil 3 where Jill finds his body.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler'd for space saving goodness.
                              Is that one of the betas? I downloaded that years ago from Torrentspy.com.
                              Don't have it anymore but I remember the black screen interface with Leon/etc on it, but the ISO'd only let you play as Leon.

Comment

Working...
                              X