Biohazard 2 - Beta 1: Anyone have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
    Why would lighting and ambient colour tones change based on the frame (obviously taking into consideration camera angles, etc)? I understand the explanations given, but surely if "colours were messed up" due to encoding it would be consistent throughout the whole FMV sequence and you wouldn't just be able to explain away "inconsistencies" like that based on those circumstances.
    Because not everything is the same color? They change based on camera angles because they show different stuff. One angle shows this light, another shows that one that gives off more color. There is literally nothing to it, it's overblown and people are looking too deep into things in order to catch a big "discovery."
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• maybe someone that worked at imagica at the time has still some samples from the original 1.5 fmvs ?

Comment

• Originally posted by warren View Post
        maybe someone that worked at imagica at the time has still some samples from the original 1.5 fmvs ?
        Hate to be negative but I think that's a very slim chance.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I was expecting you to react like that, and I half-expected what you would say about the shading and all that. That's pure BS and you know it. You obviously don't know the first thing about video editing, nor do you know - or perhaps even appreciate - the state that CG animation was in back in the late 1990s. I know both, having done both, lived through both, and having friends from back then who were and are still doing CG animation to this day. That video is spliced together from two different sources. It's as plain as day. If you can't -- never mind. I've better things to do than waste my time on someone who couldn't see the light of day if the sun was right in their face burning their skin off. You've got your mind made up, and that's that. Your truth is the only truth - even if it isn't. I'll let your next weak post speak for you. I'm moving on.

Oh, and before I forget - I was using both the US retail RE2 FMV and the new Japanese Biohazard 2 XP FMVs as my reference. I have both, and I still stand by what I stated. That video was edited, modified, altered, whatever you want to call it, from the RE15 original.
          Last edited by RMandel; 11-22-2012, 10:27 PM.
          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Given the state of the tentative retail intro with Leon (bare bone models, terrible environments) and how HUNK and his Alpha team are not supposed to exist in 1.5, that FMV shouldn't even exist as a prototype. And if it existed, it would probably look like untextured cubes with William using a colored mesh with no details whatsoever (characters are done much later, in fact Ada never appears in a FMV because her CG model was created before IMAGICA could finish their work). Annette's recollection has nothing to do with 1.5, not even a tiny slice. You can argue how much you want about how it looks clear that the pieced together stuff from a one year earlier build, but that's simply your assumption and the reasons you're giving are rather weak (seriously, William's hair? It takes literally one second to change material color settings to make him blonde or even anime blue). Like News Bot said, you're looking too deeply into it, but there isn't anything remotely deep to look at. They didn't even use prototype meshes for the lab or bits of the old sewers, or even the lab corridors.
            Last edited by Gemini; 11-23-2012, 04:47 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
              That's pure BS and you know it. You obviously don't know the first thing about video editing, nor do you know - or perhaps even appreciate - the state that CG animation was in back in the late 1990s. I know both, having done both, lived through both, and having friends from back then who were and are still doing CG animation to this day. That video is spliced together from two different sources.
              1) "That's pure BS." Nice way to sum up most of your statements here.
              2) "You obviously don't know the first thing about video editing." Woah, you love those assumptions of yours. I suppose you know more just because you splice videos together with text? Now you're just being faux-elitist.
              3) The state of late 90s CG has literally nothing to do with it. Not sure what point you're trying to make other than hamming up your argument.
              4) The video is not spliced together. There is no zero indication of such.

The fact you're getting so riled up over it is amusing, but you're going to have to face facts sooner or later.

Your two "big" pieces of evidence, William's hair and the blue tints, are pretty silly. William's always had brown hair which looks blonde in certain lighting conditions, just like Leon. The 1.5 lab never had the blue/cyan tint you describe. From what we've seen of it, it was even more gray and sterile than BH2 in places. Your reasoning implodes on itself.
              Last edited by News Bot; 11-23-2012, 03:46 AM.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Although I'm not 100% sold on the "RE1.5 scenes directly spliced with RE2 ones" thing -- the evidence shown in the video that suggests as such is underwhelming -- it is rather interesting to point out how 1990's CG rendering took up to weeks for high-end PCs to produce one second of an GCI scene, so the possibility of IMAGICA reusing some assets to save time and rendering resources and the reasoning behind them isn't completely naught.
                If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• It's still extremely unlikely given how Source Next videos, which are entirely based on the retail renders, were re-rendered in higher resolution using exactly the same projects. If IMAGICA had really pieced stuff together you would notice differences within the two versions of the movies, but there are none. And no, the PlayStation movies were never rendered in 480p @60 fps because it'd take the companies way too much time, in fact only later ports present such a feature (some don't even bother, like the original RE2 PC ports).

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Not to mention there was no Ada CGI render in the retail RE2 because the developers couldn't finish it on time as they stated or maybe they couldn't reuse linda's CGI assets from 1.5 due to the vast artistic change they made to her appearance from umbrella scientist to an agency spy, so they left her out of the picture !
                    Edit:You were right about the blue/green background thing, but the important question is that why they changed william's hair color from red brown to blonde in the first place ? wouldn't be easier for them if they have left his appearance as it is and save some time ?
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post

Although I'm not 100% sold on the "RE1.5 scenes directly spliced with RE2 ones" thing -- the evidence shown in the video that suggests as such is underwhelming -- it is rather interesting to point out how 1990's CG rendering took up to weeks for high-end PCs to produce one second of an GCI scene, so the possibility of IMAGICA reusing some assets to save time and rendering resources and the reasoning behind them isn't completely naught.
                      Vid removed :/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                        Is that one of the betas? I downloaded that years ago from Torrentspy.com.
                        Don't have it anymore but I remember the black screen interface with Leon/etc on it, but the ISO'd only let you play as Leon.

I also have this ISO, and with me same problem only possible to play with Leon .
                        Does anyone know if is possible to hack the iso to release the option to choose the Claire game with the right game ???

Comment

• Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
                          I also have this ISO, and with me same problem only possible to play with Leon .
                          Does anyone know if is possible to hack the iso to release the option to choose the Claire game with the right game ???
                          Claire is not on the disc. There is no possible way to unlock Claire in this build.

Comment

• Who may be aware that there is one more beta version, which can be played for Leon and Claire, weighing in at 684 mb?
                            In the HDD, no one lying around?
                            sigpic

Comment

• I collected the archive pictures and video on the topic, can someone come in handy =) DOWNLOAD
                              Last edited by AleX_Red_07; 08-25-2015, 01:00 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X