No announcement yet.

One thing in RE4 that bothered me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about in RE1 where you can finish the game with a crapload of magnum ammo?
    And RE3 where in easy mode you can complete the game using the ammo you get in the beginning?

Comment

Yeah, but RE4 is rediculous with ammo, why would a man who has no firearms, and tries to kill you with melee weapons have alot of Shotgun ammo? It was logical to find ammo lying around the streets and in the police station because of the police men that got killed.

Comment

The dropping of the various ammo and gold at first gave me the impression I was in an RPG instead of RE. On the other RE games, I only played on normal the first time around (so ten years ago). I'd probably play on easy again to get used to the controls and then start a new game on a higher difficulty setting.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Well actually the shotgun ammo in the vilage is logic, dont forget that people there used to go to hunt in to the near forest. And actually ,people it is a gameand each game have it's own limits and specialitys
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Well, good topic. So many people interpretation RE4 as being a pop game, they object about the plenty ammo, the unlimited saves, the retry option but actually my interpretation about it is that capcom fixed some bore things on the other REs. For example, there wasn’t any funny to be almost killing Nemesis and then he kills Jill and you have to begin from the last save point. Now about the abundance of ammo, this game is a shooter, shooters must have a lot of ammo, I know this is very parallel to the others Res but things change, when RE0 was released I heard many people saying that capcom has felt on the “more of the same” thought. And by the way, about the puzzles, if take as comparison all the REs you will see that the puzzles on RE4 aren’t so easy, RE2 have the most easy puzzles of all and nobody say shit about it.
            RE4 is evolution, think about it…

Comment

True about RE2 puzzles. Always said that. But I also had no problems with RE4 puzzles as well.
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Personally I found the RE2 puzzles somewhat more challenging, although that may well be because there are so many more of them.

And yeah, Resident Evil 4 is evoloution in a sense. But, in my opinion, it's like making a football game and then taking away the field, the players and the ball. Resident Evil was always about fighting enemies with a limited ammount of ammo, health and underpants. You were afraid to enter a room because you didn't know if it would have the pair of spare clips or a half dozen zombies. You knew fear.

IN RE4 there's none of that. You know there will be enemies and ammo on the otherside of that door, nine times out of ten. You know that you can usually kill them so long as you're half way smart and find a sensible place to fight, somewhere they can't attack you from behind. There are virtually no puzzles beyonf find a key/crank something. I think the one behind the Church is the only one with any difficulty to it.

In otherwords...evoloution has removed most of the elements that made me play the game. The sad part is it didn't have to be like that. If you look at the info and videos of 3.5 the new control scheme could have been used in a situation similar to the older games quite happily, combining the action and improved controls with a horror element that just isn't in 4. So, while the control scheme is a deffinite improvement and evoloution of the series...everything else about RE4 is designed to get new fans and make the game more accesible. From the storyline that doesn't link to the previous games to the new enemies, it was essentially a series reboot to get new fans. Not evoloution.

Comment

That was always one of the things to look forward to in a new resident evil game, how long you where going to be sat trying to work out a puzzle.
                  I was really dissapointed with the lack of puzzles in resi 4

Comment

Crapload of Magnum ammo?! There wasn't enough, BLSR!

Comment

ah who needs the magnum when ya can have the chicago typewriter

Comment

Or the knife!

Now, how is it that Leon can fight all bad ass with Krauser and when in the game, we get lousy slashes

Comment

hahaha very true

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Personally I found the RE2 puzzles somewhat more challenging, although that may well be because there are so many more of them.

And yeah, Resident Evil 4 is evoloution in a sense. But, in my opinion, it's like making a football game and then taking away the field, the players and the ball. Resident Evil was always about fighting enemies with a limited ammount of ammo, health and underpants. You were afraid to enter a room because you didn't know if it would have the pair of spare clips or a half dozen zombies. You knew fear.

IN RE4 there's none of that. You know there will be enemies and ammo on the otherside of that door, nine times out of ten. You know that you can usually kill them so long as you're half way smart and find a sensible place to fight, somewhere they can't attack you from behind. There are virtually no puzzles beyonf find a key/crank something. I think the one behind the Church is the only one with any difficulty to it.

In otherwords...evoloution has removed most of the elements that made me play the game. The sad part is it didn't have to be like that. If you look at the info and videos of 3.5 the new control scheme could have been used in a situation similar to the older games quite happily, combining the action and improved controls with a horror element that just isn't in 4. So, while the control scheme is a deffinite improvement and evoloution of the series...everything else about RE4 is designed to get new fans and make the game more accesible. From the storyline that doesn't link to the previous games to the new enemies, it was essentially a series reboot to get new fans. Not evoloution.

Well, I totally respect your way of view, but sometimes a renew must be done on something to it keep alive. I watched the RE3.5 trailer and in my opinion that could be better than the RE4, but that was just a trailer, how would be the development of the game? What about the history? As I said that was just a trailer, we can’t truly judge if it would be better or not.
                            I agree that RE4 has distanced from the series but we must consider that it was the beginning of a new gameplay on RE. Maybe a way to see the acceptation of the new things that will be part of all the futures games.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                              Or the knife!

Now, how is it that Leon can fight all bad ass with Krauser and when in the game, we get lousy slashes
                              Good point!

Regardless of what has changed in the games to keep up with the times, I still love the series, and am looking forward to 5.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Oh I remeber when i first desided to fight mutated Krauser with a knife... and killed him with 5 hits. He is even weaker than any ganado, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X