Question about how you'll play RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
    It was stated by produser that you share your inventory with Sheva in online and ofline mods. Using each other items is one of the main aspects of re5.
    Strange. Heard from people playing it that Sheva was "greedy", in a negative sentance. I guess it could mean she picks up everything and fills your inventory with useless things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
      Strange. Heard from people playing it that Sheva was "greedy", in a negative sentance. I guess it could mean she picks up everything and fills your inventory with useless things.
      I think they meant that she just runs around and grabs things ahead of you. It shouldn't really affect gameplay, as you control the inventory. But I guess i is a problem if she's wasting precious ammunition, but, this being built on the gameplay set forth in RE4, ammo should be in abundance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        I think they meant that she just runs around and grabs things ahead of you. It shouldn't really affect gameplay, as you control the inventory. But I guess i is a problem if she's wasting precious ammunition, but, this being built on the gameplay set forth in RE4, ammo should be in abundance.
        Could be annoying if you want to pick up some nice weapon laying about - with a dozen herbs right besides and you not having enough space to carry anything more than the weapon. If she starts pickingall the herbs up, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
          Could be annoying if you want to pick up some nice weapon laying about - with a dozen herbs right besides and you not having enough space to carry anything more than the weapon. If she starts pickingall the herbs up, that is.
          Yeah, hopefully the AI for Sheva is really intelligent, or the control you (as the player) have over the inventory easily counteracts her greediness. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
            Yeah, hopefully the AI for Sheva is really intelligent, or the control you (as the player) have over the inventory easily counteracts her greediness. Haha.
            Yeah. I havn't heard complaints on her, but I'm still uneasy hearing she will aid you for most of the game. Afterall, you'll likely have to help her at times, make sure she stays behind and such.

Comment

IF I get it, I'll play it alone. Having someone else there just destroys the scare factor of being all alone.

Comment

I will more than likey play the game alone the first time around. I don't want to waste time to get anyone to play the game. After I have beaten it, I'm sure there will be many people on this site that would want to play co op after a few days of the game's release.

Comment

I prefer to play video games at my own pace. My ex wants to play co-op with me so, I guess I'll do that too. It depends if she's over or not!

I'm getting the 360 version, I'm probably going to be selling my new PS3 now that I see nothing exclusive that interests me on it in the future.

Comment

AI definitely. I don't like co-op play if it's made necessary.

Comment

With plenty of alcohol.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
                        I prefer to play video games at my own pace. My ex wants to play co-op with me so, I guess I'll do that too. It depends if she's over or not!

I'm getting the 360 version, I'm probably going to be selling my new PS3 now that I see nothing exclusive that interests me on it in the future.
                        I'm also getting the Xbox 360 version, since FF13 isn't exclusive anymore. I hope the versions are close together though, if the Playstation 3 gets like way better graphics and/or bonus material and all I'm going to buy a PS3, MGS4 and Resident Evil.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        With plenty of alcohol.
                        Talking about playing with the AI or co-op, now?

Comment

I'm probably not even gonna be playing this on Single Player, unless there are some odd rewards for doing so. Or the game actually ends up being so perfect that I can't wait for other people to join me in the action fest.

Talking about playing with the AI or co-op, now?
                          If the alcohol levels are high enough, he probably wont notice the difference.
                          Last edited by Carnivol; 07-26-2008, 05:19 AM. Reason: Oh, yeah, I'm consistently and persistently a 360 man.

Comment

I find it funny that people still talk about Resident Evil being primarily a single player experience, and that that's how they'll experience the game first time around. We both know the game has shifted pace now we've had RE4, so it's hardly like having a friend play with you is going to destroy any atmosphere.

To be honest, i'm not planning on playing it either way first. I'll pick up the game, throw it in my 360 or PS3, have a look who's online, and see if there's anyone online i'd want to play with. If there's not, fair enough, i'll fire it up single player stylee. Would be nice if one of the guys from here or Biohaze is online to play along with and experience the story twists, but i'm more than happy to go it alone as well if needs be.

Comment

Like with Gears of War, I'll beat the game offline a few times to get the most of the story and then maybe play it split-screen a few times with a friend or two before playing online co-op.

Comment

I've never played a lot of online co-op. Would feel so strange sitting alone in front of the TV, talking to my friend via the mic and at the same time playing a game with him online. Would be like, total craziness. Usually I'm with a friend in front of the TV, talk straight to him and play with him split-screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X