Biohazard 2 Remake on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Story and gameplay-wise yes. Programming-wise, NO. JUST NO.

REmake was made as a testbed for making RE games on the NGC. An improved and modified version of it's engine was used for Zero. Thank you for proving my point.

They changed RE4 because they weren't satisfied with it. They were satisfied with how Zero played out. Why would they want to change something they're satisfied with it? Also, why the hell would they want to add additional rooms and crap when no one ever played the n64 version. No one would've given a damn, let alone even know, that they added in more rooms. There's absolutely no friggin point.

Again, that's subjective.

Oh, and BTW, use periods when typing paragraphs. IT'S.NOT.HARD.
    Remake was made after Zero just because it came out before Zero doesn't mean it was made before Zero, Zero was in development since 1999 and shifted to NGC in late 2000 early 2001? when did the development of Remake begin? I can bet you it was after Zero shifted to the NGC.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-22-2008, 09:39 PM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
      Remake was made after Zero just because it came out before Zero doesn't mean it was made before Zero, Zero was in development since 1999 and shifted to NGC in late 2000 early 2001? when did the development of Remake begin? I can bet you it was after Zero shifted to the NGC.
      Um...what? Sure, RE0's basic story and design elements were started in the N64 days, but the final product (especially graphic-wise) was built on the same technology that was first used in REmake. But the basic story and design elements for REmake are based on the game created in the PS1 days.

So, either way you look at it - everything regarding RE0 came AFTER the classic RE1.

The only thing good about RE0 is the graphics. The story is pretty weak (and contradicts a lot of the established elements from RE1), the characters are ho-hum, and the entire affair is just not that significant of an entry into the series. Why it was given a Wii release in Japan is mind-boggling.

Anyway, I agree with BLSR1 - this whole argument is pretty lame. Really, who cares if REmake and RE0 could have run on the PS2? It's all in the past and is no longer relevant. At All.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-22-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        Um...what? Sure, RE0's basic story and design elements were started in the N64 days, but the final product (especially graphic-wise) was built on the same technology that was first used in REmake. But the basic story and design elements for REmake are based on the game created in the PS1 days.

So, either way you look at it - everything regarding RE0 came AFTER the classic RE1.

The only thing good about RE0 is the graphics. The story is pretty weak (and contradicts a lot of the established elements from RE1), the characters are ho-hum, and the entire affair is just not that significant of an entry into the series. Why it was given a Wii release in Japan is mind-boggling.

Anyway, I agree with BLSR1 - this whole argument is pretty lame. Really, who cares if REmake and RE0 could have run on the PS2? It's all in the past and is no longer relevant. At All.
        Proof? read my above comment again.
        Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-22-2008, 10:12 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• Anyway, I agree with BLSR1 - this whole argument is pretty lame. Really, who cares if REmake and RE0 could have run on the PS2? It's all in the past and is no longer relevant. At All.
          I didn't really care whether it could run on the PS2 or not. I was just dumbfounded when he said this:
          "zero is basically a up-scaled and reworked n64 game remake was built from scratch for the gamecube just like re4."

Proof?
          Oh I don't know, higher poly-count models, filtering, backgrounds with more animation, being able to switch characters on the fly without much loading times on a CD-based media. Doesn't those ring a bell? Oh, probably not.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-22-2008, 10:49 PM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Bio0 GC gets ported to the Wii
            Bio GC gets announced for the Wii

Hopefully they are setting us up for a remake of Bio2 for the wii too.
            Last edited by xfactor; 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• or just a straight port of the GC version ..

Comment

• I don't think even Capcom could justify that. Now, a single pack with RE2, RE3 and RE:CV plus any other games they can smuggle onboard? A re-release of the classics? I can see them trying that trick.

Somedays it feels like, as a fan of Resident Evil, I really need to learn this motto. 'Capcom Loves Money. Capcom Hates Fans. Empty Your Wallet. And then Bend Over.'

Comment

• Oh wow. Kevstah2004 is in some sort of serious denial if he thinks RE0 GC is a port of RE0 N64.

To quote Matt Casamassina, "The technology powering RE0 is in fact an extension of that which brought the remake to life on Nintendo's next-generation console." To further expand on this idea, the character models are a higher poly count (you can verify this yourself with exports of the models), there are more enemies on screen at once, and there was the inclusion of dynamic lighting (such swinging ceiling lights). Also, there is evidence that both projects shared assets (check some of the texture rips). Just in case you had any remaining doubts, it is easily verifiable when checking the disc contents that both games run on the Unreal 2 engine.

Comment

• if they want to remake bh2~~
                    i hope they will use the element which are not used in bh 1.5~
                    ha~!that will be great~
                    also~once bh2 is re-made~!
                    bh3 seem has a chance to remake as well~
                    but i really hope that they remake bh2!

Comment

• Originally posted by Krispy View Post
                      Oh wow. Kevstah2004 is in some sort of serious denial if he thinks RE0 GC is a port of RE0 N64.

To quote Matt Casamassina, "The technology powering RE0 is in fact an extension of that which brought the remake to life on Nintendo's next-generation console." To further expand on this idea, the character models are a higher poly count (you can verify this yourself with exports of the models), there are more enemies on screen at once, and there was the inclusion of dynamic lighting (such swinging ceiling lights). Also, there is evidence that both projects shared assets (check some of the texture rips). Just in case you had any remaining doubts, it is easily verifiable when checking the disc contents that both games run on the Unreal 2 engine.
                      I never said it was a port.
                      But your all too stupid to get what i'm digging at anyway so I won't even try to explain it any further no one is interested in what I have to so anyway anything I do say is simply passed off as bs so what's the use.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                        I never said it was a port.
                        But your all too stupid to get what i'm digging at anyway so I won't even try to explain it any further no one is interested in what I have to so anyway anything I do say is simply passed off as bs so what's the use.
                        Yes, we're the stupid ones. This coming from a guy who has a poor grasp of English grammar - limited punctuation usage, run-on sentences, misspellings, etc. And, you can't use the excuse that English is your second language (since you do live in the UK, after all).

You really showed us.
                        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-24-2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Play nice children. No flame wars or I start hunting you with the bowgun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Play nice children. No flame wars or I start hunting you with the bowgun.
                            Does it have flaming arrows like in the RE4 world?
                            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-24-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• ...it does now, yes.

I must admit, the more I see of the old Zero the more intruiged I am. Less intruiged than most, I must admit, but it does look interesting. Since they kept the maps and story there probably isn't any real change between the two titles bar the massively improved graphics. The brand spanking new models and backgrounds may look pretty but there is something charming about the older version, even if it's essentially the same. But I must admit I'd love to see where changes were made, and if the story was maybe a bit more sensible in the older version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                ...it does now, yes.

I must admit, the more I see of the old Zero the more intruiged I am. Less intruiged than most, I must admit, but it does look interesting. Since they kept the maps and story there probably isn't any real change between the two titles bar the massively improved graphics. The brand spanking new models and backgrounds may look pretty but there is something charming about the older version, even if it's essentially the same. But I must admit I'd love to see where changes were made, and if the story was maybe a bit more sensible in the older version.
                                I tell you it's the running-style/speed... they were much faster in the old version and they didn't hold their handguns with both hands while running

Comment

Working...
                                X