Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Survical/Action Horror Really matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Survical/Action Horror Really matter?

Honestly as long as they bring the story back to it's standards, then we really don't need survivor/horror.

I just want to see a DECENT end to umbrella, and a TRUE sequel to code veronica, since (story wise) it was the last RE game.

"Bringing the story back to it's standards" would mean bringing back survival horror, which is something Crapcom won't do, because theres a moron in charge.

/rant. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Twist; 09-17-2008, 09:38 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Well since RE built its entire fan base on survival horror games, yeah its pretty important.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
        "Bringing the story back to it's standards" would mean bringing back survival horror, which is something Crapcom won't do, because theres a moron in charge.

/rant. Thanks for listening.
        First of all, the gameplay was built on survivor horror..RE Gameplay= Survival Horror not the storyline itself.
        If you so-called fans want to give up on the game just because of the gameplay then so be it..I cant walk out on this great game series just because the developers want it more action packed...
        Last edited by beasley23803; 09-17-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beasley23803 View Post
          First of all, the gameplay was built on survivor horror..RE Gameplay= Survival Horror not the storyline itself.
          The story revolved around a given plot and horror elements... Sooo, yeah.
          Last edited by Twist; 09-17-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

The story revolved around a given plot and horror elements... Sooo, yeah.
            general horror as in being scared yes, but it does not have to return to "survival" horror. If there is no realistic scare/horror elements at all, which 4 did include, than its no longer RE. And 5 will be just as horrific as the remake...so yeah..and no

Comment

You've lost me here.

Fuck this, somebody else take over.

Comment

You've lost me here.

Fuck this, somebody else take over.
                Twist couldn't handle the power!
                We can swear on this site?
                Last edited by beasley23803; 09-17-2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Twist couldn't handle the power!
                  We can swear on this site?
                  Oh... :] and what kind of power would that be?

The power of you being cured of constipation and not knowing?

By the time I throw you over the top of the York minster you'll be covered head to toe in shit.

Comment

Survival Horror is composed of two elements.

Surviving and Horror.

All games have survival as part of the game because if the game was make your character die, you'd be playing Tetris.

As long as future Resident Evil's have the horror element, they will stay at least somewhat true to the series. Sure RE4 wasn't as scary as say the Remake, but it still was scary; just not in the way we are used to. Ask yourself this: If you play the remake for the first time, why is it scary? Is it the circumstances that are scary? Or does the fact that you are dealing with death or rather the undead that is scary? RE4 had horror, but it was same horror that is in current horror movies. Try comparing old school horror movies and recent horror movies. You'll notice that the psychological horror element is missing. Old school horror scared you because it made you uncomfortable, nervous, and stress. New school horror just tries to shock you or creates atmosphere through the surroundings and the characters are not all that important as they themselves aren't THAT scary if you were to remove them from the atmosphere they are in. As long as the horror (in some way shape or form) is in, I'll be in.

Action and Survival has always been a part of the series.
                    Last edited by Project Omega; 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                      Survival Horror is composed of two elements.

Surviving and Horror.

All games have survival as part of the game because if the game was make your character die, you'd be playing Tetris. As long as future Resident Evil's have the horror element, they will stay at least somewhat true to the series.

Sure RE4 wasn't as scary as say the Remake, but it still was scary; just not in the way we are used to.

Ask yourself this: If you play the remake for the first time, why is it scary?

Is it the circumstances that are scary? Or does the fact that you are dealing with death or rather the undead that is scary?

RE4 had horror, but it was same horror that is in current horror movies. Try comparing old school horror movies and recent horror movies. You'll notice that the psychological horror element is missing. Old school horror scared you because it made you uncomfortable, nervous, and stress. New school horror just tries to shock you or creates atmosphere through the surroundings and the characters are not all that important as they themselves aren't THAT scary if you were to remove them from the atmosphere they are in.

As long as the horror (in some way shape or form is in) I'll be in.

Action and Survival has always been a part of the series.

This is a SUPERIOR way of putting it!

Comment

The old Re is dead which sucks but if there is a "decent end to umbrella" and the story is better than 4 I think I will be pleased.

Comment

Honestly as long as they bring the story back to it's standards, then we really don't need survivor/horror.

I just want to see a DECENT end to umbrella, and a TRUE sequel to code veronica, since (story wise) it was the last RE game.
                          i thought code veronica was a side story though
                          in my opinion the story line is getting even better and more deeper

Comment

If you so-called fans want to give up on the game just because of the gameplay then so be it..I cant walk out on this great game series just because the developers want it more action packed...

AMEN BROTHER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                              i thought code veronica was a side story though
                              in my opinion the story line is getting even better and more deeper
                              Weskers Rebirth is a side story?

and hell yea the story gets deeper and more and more interesting...
                              I still seriously want to know what Billy Coen is up to after Zero, maybe a cameo in RE5 (wishful thinking)

Comment

Working...
                              X