Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    Canon ending: Nicholai lives.
    I don't really think there is a canon ending for Nicholai. I mean, yes, there's a canon ending for RE3, but that ending occurs regardless of whether or not Nicholai dies. Jill can either let him escape in the helicopter, fail to destroy the helicopter, or destroy the helicopter and kill Nicholai.

There hasn't been anything in any of the subsequent games to suggest that Nicholai lived or died.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      I don't really think there is a canon ending for Nicholai. I mean, yes, there's a canon ending for RE3, but that ending occurs regardless of whether or not Nicholai dies. Jill can either let him escape in the helicopter, fail to destroy the helicopter, or destroy the helicopter and kill Nicholai.

There hasn't been anything in any of the subsequent games to suggest that Nicholai lived or died.
      What about the epilogue of Outbreak file 1, when a fighter jet flys over the ruins of Raccoon City,then two reseachers are talking about the radiation radius hasn't changed,then they get a phone call,and the guy on the other line sounds russian.That could be Nicholai.
      Last edited by HecRPD; 10-11-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HecRPD View Post
        What about the epilogue of Outbreak file 1, when a fighter jet flys over the ruins of Raccoon City,then two reseachers are talking about the radiation radius hasn't changed,then they get a phone call,and the guy on the other line sounds russian.That could be Nicholai.
        I suppose there's that, yeah. The voice could have been Nicholai, but even if it was, I'm of the opinion that the Outbreak games are not canon. I see the events portrayed in both games as more "what if?" scenarios that could have happened during the Raccoon City incident but ultimately didn't amount to anything significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
          Theres more than one ending. Jill can cause Nicholai to get killed by Nemesis, she can kill him herself, or she lets him escape in the helicopter (causing Barry to come to rescue her and Carlos). Canon ending: Nicholai lives.
          ...I had no idea.

Comment

There is a report of him in RE Survivor... it's Survivor canon?

Comment

I consider the Survivors and Outbreaks canon.
              They add to the story and there are many connections between them and the 'main games'. Personally I find it more fun and interesting to have it all in there.

However, they are not essential to the understanding or shaping of the 'main story' (hence, many people are happy to discard them as non-canon).

Whatever floats your boat...

Comment

I don't think that characters that have been there from the start should be killed off. Killing off Jill would be like JK Rowling killing off Potter in book 3, and Ron taking the lead role for the rest of the series. Jill and Chris should survive to the end, maybe even Leon and Claire. But the rest I don't have any worries about, since they're all side characters.

What would be even better is to see Leon forced to kill Ada, and they have a showdown. Leon kills Ada, can't live with it, and commits suicide by blowing his emo haircut all over the nearest wall.
                Last edited by Helegad; 10-12-2008, 04:25 AM.

Comment

There is a report of him in RE Survivor... it's Survivor canon?
                  but wasn't that file proven a translation mistake in the US release ? i clearly remember someone re-tralsnating the original JP survivor file, the last entry after the raccoon city incidents is not entered by nicholai.

Comment

but wasn't that file proven a translation mistake in the US release ? i clearly remember someone re-tralsnating the original JP survivor file, the last entry after the raccoon city incidents is not entered by nicholai.
                    This was discussed recently here:

I looked at both the RE and Bio file and they look the same. The RE file is signed, UBCS Commander Nicholai Ginovaef. The Bio file is signed UBCS *Japanese text which I can't understand*.
                    If you read the English text, it's hard to imagine it's anyone but Nicholai.

On the other hand I've never seen this 'proven translation mistake'. I think the only way we'll know for sure is if we get someone to translate the Japanese file again.
                    I'd like to know once and for all...

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                      Killing off Jill would be like JK Rowling killing off Potter in book 3
                      Well not really, Jill isn't to Resident Evil what Harry Potter is to Harry Potter. The star of the series would probably be Chris (two starring rolls and a supporting roll) now.

Comment

• yeah...okie, i'll agree with what you've just said, it does make sence :]
                        Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 10-12-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X