Best script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protagonist? lol

Hmm... I'll see if I can dig something up, I'm intrigued.

Comment

• Nah, it's pissing me off that I can't figure this out. I'm gonna go to sleep and revisit this topic tomorrow...hopefully I have my shit together by then.

Comment

• Alright... All I found was "Static character" and "Dynamic character". Leon being a perfect example of a Static Character. A Static, flat character.

Comment

• Like a good action hero.

Comment

• Umm... Rambo wasn't Static, nor was he flat. He had depth and he witnessed plenty of character development. At least in 1, 2 and 4. Now there's an action hero.

Even The Terminator, a machine, experienced character development in T2.

Every single truly great action hero I could think of had some character development, in every movie that was well acclaimed and successful in that franchise.

Comment

• Ugh, I hated T2 where the Terminator was carrying on about crying. What a pussy.

Rest of the movie was good though

Comment

• Yup, dynamic character.

Main Entry: dynamic character
                Part of Speech: n
                Definition: in literature or drama, a character who undergoes a permanent change in outlook or character during the story; also called [developing character]

Now I can continue my day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  Ugh, I hated T2 where the Terminator was carrying on about crying. What a pussy.

Rest of the movie was good though

Comment

• T2 is one of the few sequels better than the original IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
                      T2 is one of the few sequels better than the original IMO.
                      I think it was a whole switch of a genre.
                      Like, I think T2 is a fantastic action movie, if not my favorite in history.. But I see T1 as a horror movie, actually. It has all the elements of a horror movie.

But the point is, even The Terminator, who's a machine, experienced character development.

Comment

• I must say I preferred the first Terminator over the second. I'm sure it partly has to do with the preference of horror elements. The second might involve a distaste for Eddy Furlong.

But yeah, to mention another Schwarzenegger film, Predator is the perfect example of a cast who has to develop in its own way as the picture progresses. RE4 concludes with Leon remaining so static that he can't even rise to the occasion =P. Ada is still mysterious and sorta in love with Leon, Wesker is still collecting dangerous samples, etc.

I voted the REmake, I suppose it's the most memorable to me. Though the script in RE2 is most likely the best, I still skip the scenes ("Ada WAIT!") RE2 is totally my favorite playing experience in the series, but I'm interested in neither the cutscenes nor the FMVs for the most part. I do agree with whoever says that Alyson Court does a great job as Claire in CVX. I love her delivery of the line, about the gold lugers to Steve "Give them to me." It sorta tries to be girly and innocent but it comes off as a bit impatient and demanding. I guess that's what didn't appeal to Steve at first (besides the fact that he's a dimwit who somehow knows how to fly a seaplane).

Comment

• I turn off the FMVs in my PC RE2. It's kinda strange to be running to the train then it cuts to black, and a ranking screen comes up. Cool, though

Comment

• I always watch the cutscenes when I play RE. I really see no point of playing through it again unless I'm refreshing the storyline for myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X