Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of Umbrella Chronicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok thanks, and im slightly interested in Zelda and SSB, but im still unsure about it, but if Remake 2 and 3 are annouced on the wii ill get it for sure.

oh and darkmoon i don't really like watching games, it bothers me, i have to play them for myself,

and well Jill is on UC, so i want it for that, and well from the little ive heard about UC it looks like it sets up for Chris VS Wesker in RE5, is that true?

Comment

Well,u wont see Jill a lot xD

But if u are unsure,wait a little bit ;)

Comment

If you really like Jill it might be a good buy. Of the three main scenariors (RE0, RE1, RE3 and Umbrella's End) she is one of the main characters in three of them. Then again, you might not enjoy how they portray her...

It might well be setting up for the Chris fight, yes, but there's honestly nothing in the game worth buying a console for it.

Comment

Well considering you like Jill in an explicit sort of way, you might like the intro scene to Raccoon's Destruction. It has a lot of Jill in it but I really really didn't like the Nemesis in it. Or, Nemesis/Terminator should I say.

Comment

I didn't mind nemesis as much as I did Sergei and Talos. I thought Sergei and the Ivans were pretty goofy, and Talos was totally out of place. I would'nt be as dissapointed with Talos if he wasn't suppose to be Umbrella's ultimate weapon. It's times like those I wish they would have just left the umbrella headquarters to the imagination. I don't think Talos was designed poorly, he just didn't really fit into a resident evil game.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              I didn't mind nemesis as much as I did Sergei and Talos. I thought Sergei and the Ivans were pretty goofy, and Talos was totally out of place. I would'nt be as dissapointed with Talos if he wasn't suppose to be Umbrella's ultimate weapon. It's times like those I wish they would have just left the umbrella headquarters to the imagination. I don't think Talos was designed poorly, he just didn't really fit into a resident evil game.
              The thing about Talos (and I mentioned this in my "review") is that he was obviously designed as a lightgun game boss first and a Resident Evil monster second. If this had been more of a traditional RE game, I imagine he would have been designed very differently. Not just from a gameplay perspective, mind you, but aesthetically, as well.

Everything about him just screams "classic lightgun game boss," save, perhaps, for the various QTEs interspersed throughout the fight. The armor, the missile launcher, the glowing weak point/s, etc. His second form is much the same.

In fact, I was playing House of the Dead 2&3 Return the other day, and I was surprised at just how many things Capcom lifted straight out of those two games, particularly regarding boss fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                If you really like Jill it might be a good buy. Of the three main scenariors (RE0, RE1, RE3 and Umbrella's End) she is one of the main characters in three of them. Then again, you might not enjoy how they portray her...

It might well be setting up for the Chris fight, yes, but there's honestly nothing in the game worth buying a console for it.
                well if Jill's in it a lot ill have to get it since her games tend to be my favorites anyway, XD

anyways thanks darkmoon, i kinda collect Jill things so ill think ill have to get it.

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
                Well considering you like Jill in an explicit sort of way, you might like the intro scene to Raccoon's Destruction. It has a lot of Jill in it but I really really didn't like the Nemesis in it. Or, Nemesis/Terminator should I say.
                i heard NEMESIS kinda sucked in UC, and heard about that opening scene hope it's not to explicite, i do respect her character a lot, XD

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post

i heard NEMESIS kinda sucked in UC, and heard about that opening scene hope it's not to explicite, i do respect her character a lot, XD
                  Maybe a little too much

I thought Umbrella Chronicles was a fun game. Nothing too serious for a rail-shooter, with some nice information and some awesome remixes I've heard in the Resident Evil series. Plus blasting the undead is a tone loads of fun with friends.

Comment

Funny enough i actually didn't "play" UC, i watched the entire walkthrough on youtube lol.

I'll never miss a resident evil game! lol, at the time i was short on cash and all i missed was playing it myself.

Resident evil 5 on the other hand i will buy.
                    Last edited by BlackHeart; 01-06-2009, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X