Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you buy the Limted Edition of RE5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the price of the European edition. If the price is too high then I'll buy the regular version. I'm not a collector anyway.
    sigpic

Comment

So have we cleared up the confusion yet? Does the "Limited Edition" for the U.S come like the front page says it does? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

sure am! i like collecting that sort of stuff

Comment

Ill be most likey buying the Gudie the day I get the game but I will be preordering the game im not tacking any chances and im think of tacking the day off in College to get the game.

Comment

Nope, it's just not for me.

RE5, that is.

Comment

I just pre-ordered the Asian Limited Edition for PS3, from Playasia.
              $74.90 with a coupon code.

Now for the really cool part (besides the Chainsaw USB stick): I just noticed that it's released on the same day as the Japanese Bio5 version. Thursday March 5th!
              I chose an express postage, so if I'm lucky it will get here on Friday 6th or at worst, Monday 9th!

It wont be on sale locally here till Friday 13th.
              I pity the fool who has to wait that long (just kidding)

Comment

Probably not. I'm not onto limited editions that much, RE isn't what it was before... I remember myself buying every magazine or action figure when RE2 was released, I was a little child, but now I don't feel that passion inside of me to waste or to spend money on limited editions and stuff, it's not like I'm not going to play it anyway. And that limited edition lacks from catching my attetion somehow.

Comment

I was gonna post this yesterday but I'm still seeing conflicting reports.
                  According to 'Button Masher' who spoke to Red Ant:

There will be no Collector's Edition or Limited Edition for Australia or New Zealand.
                  Red Ant are in receivership and I guess this is their last act. Cutting distribution costs by only having the standard versions.

However, I've seen posts from people claiming to have already pre-ordered the CE locally (they might just be disappointed) and there are a couple of Aus websites where you can pre-order the CE (for 360) but the price is too cheap to be believable.
                  I don't really care (see my previous post) but if true, a lot of people will be pissed off.

Comment

No. I've got lots of stuff like that, I've been collecting RE stuff for some time. I do enjoy extras and collector's editions and all that, but the RE5 one is quite disappointing to me. I'm not interested in ONE item in that box. The box itself looks cool, but that's about it. The Biohazard one is better. At least it's got that artbook, which is cool. Not gonna get it either though. It was supposed to be a principle thing, getting all the great RE5 stuff, extras, everything. But that principle is beginning to change now. I'm just getting the regular edition, the PAL one actually, since its box art appeals to me the most.
                    Last edited by Rakkoon; 02-20-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I finally pre-ordered it a few days ago, I didn't have any money so I just traded in MK v.s. DC for 25 bucks than put it towards RE5 collector's edition. I'm just glad to finally get the chance to pre-order something that's worth it. I pre-ordered Umbrella Chronicles 4 months ahead of time for absolutely no reason. The last time I actually got something for pre-ordering a RE game was back when the Remake came out, they gave me the choice between the walkthrough guide or a remake shirt.

I chose the shirt, but I still would like the walkthrough. It's kind of a ritual for me to get the walkthrough guide just because it's good bathroom reading material and it never hurts to study up on my RE knowledge. I'm going to get the collector's edition of the RE5 walkthrough which is 30 bucks...pretty tough considering I still don't have the 65 bucks to pay off the rest of the game yet .
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

My nearest EB games store in the city still does not know what we can getting in the C.Ed of RE 5 and so I am going to lay off pre ordering or getting it on the day until I know for certain what is in it and if it is going to be worth all that money. I will, however, purchase the special edition guidebook as it looks pretty cool and a lot of bonus content in it that you cannot get anywhere else.

The only thing that may persuade me to part with my money for the collectors edition of the game is if they include the making of dvd or the special USB drive or even the soundtrack. Otherwise I am not interested in the Tricell bag or the Chris figurine.

Comment

Crap. I went over to rehorror.net and they posted that a blog stated Australia and New Zealand would NOT be getting the special collector's edition at all at this stage in time.

Comment

Crap. I went over to rehorror.net and they posted that a blog stated Australia and New Zealand would NOT be getting the special collector's edition at all at this stage in time.
                            Well, if you read my post on the previous page, it would have saved you the trouble of visiting that shitty site filled with ads.

Comment

Working...
                            X