Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE5 Very First Playthrough: Solo or Co-op?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Where'd you hear that?

Comment

Argentinian magazine, in an interview he said he was displeased with the original game as Capcom wouldn't accept his original ideas (like FPS with cyborgs). My buddy said that it's in Spanish (he wouldn't show it), but if I saw it I'd have to translate (even though I'm not fluent in Spanish )

I can try and dig it up. C'mon Google, work your magic!

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        Mikami wanted cyborgs in RE1. Thank goodness for Capcom saying no.
        Well, creators first ideas aren't always the best. Though what does that have to do with if Mikami had directed RE5 there would be no chance of a 7 hour gameplay claim by some joe blow magainze, I don't know. Mikami is a controversal figure, but the bottom line is, regardless what people might think of him, there would have never been a Biohazard in the first place without him, nor would RE, as I think Archleon put it in another thread, be a big deal again had Mikami not reinvented the wheel so to speak, regeadless of what RE fans differening opinons about the end product actaully are.

Though, I suppose one could make the case Mikami himself put Resident Evil into the danger zone by making it Gamecube exclusive in the first place, though(thereby weakening sales of arguable Capcom's biggest franchise this side of Street Fighter), I suppose there is a bit of ego mixed in there which resulted in him departing Capcom when they make RE4 multi-platform, but I thought it was a slap in the face and lame for Capcom to announce the ps2 port even before the gamecube released. That seemed like a move made to embrassas him, even though its just silly on the business side to do that, as it probably meant less people jumping on board to buy a gamecube just to play RE4. In the end, I guess Mikami isn't really cut out for the business side of game development, lol.

Though, I think he was certianly right about developing the REmake and RE4 for the gamecube as far as from a development point of view. Just from rewatching RE4's cutscenes recorded from the gamecube version, RE4's graphics still hold up amazingly well considering it was last-gen. They're still pretty, in a way. Now if only I would by a wii to get my hands on the wii version(and not ever have to lay eyes on the ps2 blurred to crap version). Come on RE2/RE3 remake!

EDIT* I peaked earlier at the actual Offical playstation and xbox reviews, and they certainly paint a much brighter picture. 16 hours minium sounds good to me. Probbaly take 20 or so really.(RE4 took me 25 I think). Bring it on Capcom!
        Last edited by valentinesdead?; 02-23-2009, 11:56 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

As fun as the co-op sounds for getting through the game at a faster pace, I'm probably going to stick to single player for my first playthrough. Most likely. If I get stuck somewhere or think it's for the better, I may hop online.

Of course when I finish, I'll be lurking around and will be more than willing to help people playing out who want to get through it with co-op. 8D

Comment

I will be doing single player as well, at least the first time. Hopefully the AI is enough to get me through it. Has there been any word on what difficulty levels are available?

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
              I will be doing single player as well, at least the first time. Hopefully the AI is enough to get me through it. Has there been any word on what difficulty levels are available?
              yes.
              -easy well its not called that but who cares
              -normal
              -hard
              -very hard
              sort of like that in a way

Comment

Originally posted by chris redfield View Post
                yes.
                -easy well its not called that but who cares
                -normal
                -hard
                -very hard
                sort of like that in a way

Really? Where did that info come from? If so, awesome. That would explain why the demo is such a pushover--I dont' expect Chainsaw chuck to hesitate a second on normal.

Decapitations indeed.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                  Really? Where did that info come from? If so, awesome. That would explain why the demo is such a pushover--I dont' expect Chainsaw chuck to hesitate a second on normal.

Decapitations indeed.
                  they tell you the difficulties in a game mag called game informer
                  and as for chuck he can die very easy with a knife want me to show you
                  Last edited by chris redfield; 02-24-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X