No announcement yet.

What the?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wouldnt it? Its just pre-rendered backgrounds with high poly models similar to Outbreaks. I think it would look fine, especially since you get a near 3x disc space to play with

Comment

Not so sure about that, the load times would probably be twice as long. And from what I recall reading a lot of the technology developed for those games was created along side Nintendo themselves, I do believe the game would probably look great as far as PS2 goes but a lot of detail would certainly be lost. I remember reading how they had problems with the pre rendered backgrounds as some of them are actually pre rendered videos (or perhaps to the equivalent type of a gif image?). I don’t really know that much about them, I remember having some lecture about them (obviously not the type that was used in the game, but still). And even the still pre rendered frames are interactive in certain places as to react to light and such. And in Zero they would probably experience problems attempting to recreate the leach effect on PS2 hardware.

But with all that in consideration Capcom are smart people, can never doubt them as a developer. But I certainly don’t think it would be as simple as porting it over.

I’m not really that bothered if they port them all, I will certainly buy them but I doubt they will do anything to change the experience. I wonder what Mikami is thinking about during all this.

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting the Resident Evil's for PS2. right now Resident Evil 1 is the only game I have and have had for gamecube since I owned it for 2 years. Someday I'll get RE0 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrism3784
          I wouldn't mind getting the Resident Evil's for PS2. right now Resident Evil 1 is the only game I have and have had for gamecube since I owned it for 2 years. Someday I'll get RE0 for it.
          LOL man, you gotta get ALL the REmade RE's for the GC.
          You won't regret, believe me.

Comment

Andrew's right, the Gamecube ones ROCK!....Anyone else notice how my Leech Monster icon looks like he has a hat on thanks to the donator icon?
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-10-2006, 11:43 AM.

Comment

It looks quite cool

Comment

Indeed. Plus, I replaced my stupid Jack in the Dark sig with a classic line from Resident Evil Zero.

Comment

If some one is selling his GC, i'm buying it, stranger!

Comment

It's absolutely fucking serious.
                    Last edited by dmkf; 04-13-2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I have an extra GC :O XD

Comment

Can we arrange? Please, email, icq or aim me with details! Offtopic here, so we gotta speak about it in private better.

Comment

You can buy a brand new one for like.... $20 now, can't you? 4 years ago, I got mine for less than $90.

Comment

If you point me where, i would appreciate your cooperation.

Comment

Na, they still cost around 100 brand new.

Give me a few days into spring break to dig out the gamecube from the drawer in my closet where its kept ;)

Comment

Well I can't really help you if you're not in the US. I think I heard you were in Russia or something. The stores around here in NJ have been selling new ones for REALLY cheap. I've seeen used ones go for as little as 30-45, and brand new ones for under 90.
                                Last edited by Nikovich; 04-16-2006, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X