No announcement yet.

Ndesu on Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already had a hard time killing Ndesu on Veteran.... died like, 10 or 12 times until I got it right...
    Seeing this thread made me fear the Professional mode.

And yes, on Veteran and Professional the parasite needs to be exposed three times.

What about Excella? First time playing, I died at least 3 or 4 times to her. Is se impossible on Professional mode?

Comment

Originally posted by -Evil Shady- View Post
      I already had a hard time killing Ndesu on Veteran.... died like, 10 or 12 times until I got it right...
      Seeing this thread made me fear the Professional mode.

And yes, on Veteran and Professional the parasite needs to be exposed three times.

What about Excella? First time playing, I died at least 3 or 4 times to her. Is se impossible on Professional mode?
      naa, i thought excella was pretty easy on pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        Yeah you just have to get to the third appearance. But that one dies real quick.
        Yeah, fuck it. I'll just get my S ranks on Amateur or Normal, and then upgrade the rest of my weapons and I'm done.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by -Evil Shady- View Post
          No, she's quite easy once you know get past the initial phase of learning how to defeat her. And if you have a rocket launcher and use it on her exposed weak spot (that you would normally hit with the satellite laser), she dies uber-fast.

Just be sure to shoot as many as you can of those little blobs she casts off if you're trying for an "S" rank, as they build up your kill count.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
          Yeah, fuck it. I'll just get my S ranks on Amateur or Normal, and then upgrade the rest of my weapons and I'm done.
          I got all "S" rankings on Amateur, and a mishmash of "A" and "S" ranks on th rest of the game. I've got to get infinite ammo for 2 more guns and then I am 100% complete. I probably won't get the DLC since I am not big into online gaming, so I guess I'll truly never be at 100% for the game. But this is good enough.

And I am pretty tired of RE5 to be honest. I'll enjoy the break.

And I reiterate: Fuck the "Professional" level. For those of you that have yet to try it - well, the only advice I can give you is to RESIST the urge to throw your controller into the TV screen.

Comment

I love the Ndesu hate in this thread. It's so fantastic.

I just don't understand how people are having trouble with this boss. The game clearly gives you enough reaction time for everything he does, whether it be in showing you an animation which should convey to the player that he's about to ram the jeep, or that he's about to swing for you or whatever.

Each time I died on that boss, I knew why and I knew it was my own fault. When people are saying that the boss is cheap, I just don't get it. Everything gives you enough time. The only way I see people fucking up is if they're overheating THEIR guns, taking TOO long to begin firing at his foot/rock, ect or missing QTEs.
            Last edited by randomwab; 03-30-2009, 09:55 AM. Reason: ef you guys

Comment

I can handle the QTEs now, but I'm often screwed over by the overhead smash he does since it's difficult to actually hit his head with enough rounds. I'm almost sure that I fired the same amount of ammunition into his head to stop him from hitting you, but to no avail. I'll have another stab at it today, I'm seeing what I'm doing wrong and I've been making progress but it doesn't matter how perfectly I play, something always happens that bullshits everything.
              See you in hell.

Comment

I can handle the QTEs now, but I'm often screwed over by the overhead smash he does since it's difficult to actually hit his head with enough rounds. I'm almost sure that I fired the same amount of ammunition into his head to stop him from hitting you, but to no avail. I'll have another stab at it today, I'm seeing what I'm doing wrong and I've been making progress but it doesn't matter how perfectly I play, something always happens that bullshits everything.
                You playing Chris or Sheva? Cause doesn't Sheva's gatling gun require a few moments of spinning before you can get shots off? I may be wrong though, but I could see that being a disadvantage.

Comment

Yeah, I was told that playing as Sheva is easier but those couple of seconds of getting the gun spinning can make all the difference between life and death. With Chris, you can fire from the get-go. The cool down speed is faster too.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Yeah, I was told that playing as Sheva is easier but those couple of seconds of getting the gun spinning can make all the difference between life and death. With Chris, you can fire from the get-go. The cool down speed is faster too.
                    I originally found the fight easier as Sheva, but this was before I discovered you can stop Ndesu's foot stomp by shooting him in the head and it was one of the issues I was having trouble with trying to aim the gun in his foot's sweet spot with Chris and Sheva's lower view made it much easier to hit his foot. Overall knowing that, Chris is probably the better choice to play as with an AI.
                    sigpic

Comment

I love the Ndesu hate in this thread. It's so fantastic.

I just don't understand how people are having trouble with this boss. The game clearly gives you enough reaction time for everything he does, whether it be in showing you an animation which should convey to the player that he's about to ram the jeep, or that he's about to swing for you or whatever.

Each time I died on that boss, I knew why and I knew it was my own fault. When people are saying that the boss is cheap, I just don't get it. Everything gives you enough time. The only way I see people fucking up is if they're overheating there guns, taking to long to begin firing at his foot/rock, ect or missing QTEs.
                      Pretty much this.

Maybe you're all getting too old? But seriously, Ndesu was always to me the easiest boss battle in the game. I completed my professional run through dreading this part because of what I read on here, but I completed it first time with an A (only reason I didn't get S was for accuracy >_>).

Comment

I think the issue is not realizing when to get ready for a QTE. After replaying the fight and other QTE events, you gotta be ready before the buttons pop up. You don't have time to do them if you have to stop what you're doing to press the buttons. If you're still holding down the fire button too long before the QTE comes up, you're screwed cause either you won't have time or it'll count the button as wrong and give you no leeway.

But I also think it's a little bit of luck and possible technical things. You people who've got it, esp. in Vet/Pro, in only a couple tries can say it's just shifting blame or whatnot, but there've been several times I've noticed I failed (such as being too anticipative and hitting L1+R1 when I needed to hit Square+Circle), but there's been plenty of times I swear to you the game/controller did not register the button presses. I can't honestly feel like it's my fault if, i.e., Ndesu raises his arm to swing and I stop firing and get ready for the QTE and it pops up and I press it and bam I still get hit. I know I did not miss some of them that still went through.

Interestingly enough, I've noticed that more people on PS3 have mentioned having issues with it than those playing on the 360.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mr Spencer and I were looking @ people doing it on pro on youtube last night, and he noticed that the QTEs on the 360 seemed to only be one of hte face buttons (and seemingly the same one all the time). And on PS3 it seems to map to the shoulders, as well as the face buttons. I don't know about the foot shooting VS face shooting strategy though. Someone will have to test the effectiveness of both in each version.

This weekend I'll hopefully get to test it out on a friends 360, as we try and do a from-scratch-no-farming pro run of the game.

Ndesu is a ridiculous boss. What's he getting out of it, really? What's his stake in all of this? I mean, let's say he kills Chris and Sheva. What then? How does that further his life aspirations or better his career prospects? He gains absolutely nothing from it, and for an intelligent parasitic organism with a degree of self-awareness, he needs to re-evaluate things. What's he going to do exactly, trundle around all night or be sold off to the highest bidder in some backwater African country to be used in their civil war? Now if Ndesu was something like a rival and by killing Chris and Sheva he got to some lost treasure or other goal before them - like I don't know, Julian Glover in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, then I could understand. There's a valid reason why he would want to kill them. But there isn't a reason.
                          I think that poor old Ndesu has a tiny penis, and all the other el gigantes laughed at him, so he feels the need to kill people and wear them (rather phallicly) on his belt to compensate. He also cuts himself, and wears emo wrists bands. It's his way of coping with the torment of the other el gigantes. Duh!

If I had the talent or patience, I'd make a youtube cartoon of the life of Ndesu. Alot of potential in this guy. Possible dispatch skit?
                          Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 03-26-2009, 08:41 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                            ...but there's been plenty of times I swear to you the game/controller did not register the button presses. I can't honestly feel like it's my fault if, i.e., Ndesu raises his arm to swing and I stop firing and get ready for the QTE and it pops up and I press it and bam I still get hit. I know I did not miss some of them that still went through.
                            Thank you!

Edit: Oh christ, look at my title. He won't leave me alone.
                            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-27-2009, 04:33 AM.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Just to clear up that you do indeed get both the L2/R2 and face button prompts when doing Ndesu on the 360, but to further help your investigation, I did it on 360 and didn't have alot of problems with it. About 5-6 attempts.

Comment

GOT HIM.

PS3 - 27 deaths.

I didn't actually mind it too much, because between each run I found myself getting better and better. And when I did beat it, the only damage I took was from arrows.

The biggest difficulty was when he slams the ground. The QTE window there is soooo small! About 3 times I had him reveal his big plaga for the 2nd time, and I had about 3/4 health. Then he did 2 of those, and killed me soon after.
                                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 03-27-2009, 09:30 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X