Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 - a “new direction” for the franchise

New Bullshit from Capcoms Chris Kramer:
    Capcom US comms boss Chris Kramer has called Resident Evil 5 a "new direction" for the franchise, and said that previou…

It’s a really good time for new players to jump in, because what we’re doing is kind of waving goodbye to a lot of storyline elements from, essentially, act one of the Resident Evil franchise. Resident evil 5 is really setting the franchise up for what’s going to happen now going forwards, so establishing new characters and storylines, and pretty much a new direction for the game.

If you’re late to the party and you haven’t been playing the games for the past 15 years, all you need to know is that the game’s a lot of fun and just filled with action, so you don’t have to worry about the plot, as we’re kind up picking up and starting afresh.”

Forget the old storylines - we make a new....
    Please not!!

Too late guys, RE4 already did this.

Comment

fuck kramer anyway that guy is so stupid to hear on

Comment

Oh god no...I want atleast 1 more game featuring an old character(Jill,Ada,Rebecca...) and you shouldn't care about the plot because the game's all action and fun?Good to know Capcom doesn't care about storytelling anymore.
        Last edited by ValentineKnight; 03-16-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna have to seriously consider buying RE6 when it rolls around. As far as I'm concerned, the Resident Evil storyline died Spoiler:
          I'm gonna have to be really wowed by what RE6 has to offer. That, and there needs to be at least one returning character. Preferably someone like Ada.

I'll still probably get it because I'm a fan of the series, but...meh.

Comment

I'm fine so long as the Darkside Chronicles clears up the rest of the series in a nice way.

A reboot is needed, and hopefully we can return to standard horror. Although would it be a completely new series under the same title or just a continuation of the storyline with completely new shit?
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

He's not talking about future RE games, he's talking about RE5. It's just PR BS to try to get people who haven't played a RE game before to pick up the game despite any misgivings they won't know what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                I'm gonna have to seriously consider buying RE6 when it rolls around. As far as I'm concerned, the Resident Evil storyline died Spoiler:
                I'm gonna have to be really wowed by what RE6 has to offer. That, and there needs to be at least one returning character. Preferably someone like Ada.

I'll still probably get it because I'm a fan of the series, but...meh.
                I totally agree!!! I'ts good they take another path to the storyline, but please!!!! i hope they don't forget that RE started with Zombies, Jill, Chris,etc. and i also hope Ada is in a future game...

Comment

Damn... i grew fond of our current Resident Evil protagonists....SHAME if they throw them in the toilet and flush it.

EDIT: I dont know how to do the spoiler box, sorry for any inconvenience.
                  Last edited by henrycole; 03-17-2009, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by henrycole View Post
                    Damn... i grew fond of our current Resident Evil protagonists....SHAME if they throw them in the sea like Irving does with his tentacles.
                    did you really have to freaking say that...OMG...wrap some spoiler tags on that shit....

Comment

My biggest fear, and the one thing that would cause me to abandon the series entirely, is if they were to move things into space. What scares me the most is that I can totally see Capcom doing just that.

Comment

Don't pay too much attention to this Chris Kramer guy. He's a PR guy, and his job is selling RE5. His only knowledge of the series is the crash course he took when he got the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimera View Post
                          My biggest fear, and the one thing that would cause me to abandon the series entirely, is if they were to move things into space. What scares me the most is that I can totally see Capcom doing just that.
                          Spoiler:

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
                          did you really have to freaking say that...OMG...wrap some spoiler tags on that shit....
                          Report the post, and the mod squad will look after it
                          Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 03-16-2009, 11:25 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

No one knows what's in store for the future of Resident Evil, not even the idiot Chris Kramer.

Comment

LOL! Yeah, Gene.

Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Chimera; 03-17-2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X