Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really interested now, pieces keep falling into place but not everything. I'm thinking of turning this into a full time project, to track down all remaining cast. I'm going to start a blog later tonight, if anyone would like to help please pm me and i'll give you the details later. I'm going to take this beyond just Google searching names and hoping for the best, dedication is necessary to get good results.

Comment

Barry gives you a major clue, that these voice/opening actors are people who are or have been located in Japan (which makes sense given that the opening didn't have a budget to be shot anywhere but in Japan with "western actors"). So any actor/actress that hasn't worked there is going to be automatically excluded from a possibility.

Comment

Yes. What they tended to do with certain games in Japan, especially more prominently in the 90s, was hire Western voice actors/music DJs (yes, really) who lived in Japan to do the voiceovers. Shenmue, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night are just some examples of this happening. The reason for this, was not only to save the said game companies money, but also because it would also be more ideal, rather than having to fly any voice actors living in anothe rpart of the world, over to Japan to do the recordings.

Search for the people who at one time lived in Japan doing voiceover work, or DJing in clubs (Eddie's voice actor in Silent Hill 2 was a music DJ in Japan), if we're ever going to find the illuminous Joseph and Jill.

Comment

I'm not sure it's been posted yet, but HERE is the archived Barry Gjerde website. Unfortunately I couldn't find any contact information on the site though
          Last edited by Vilmer; 03-31-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Hahahhahaha Barry speaks Klingon
            Klingon
            The Klingon Language Institute -- What can I say but... this should help you in any contacts you may want to cultivate with Klingons in your business sphere... Yes, well...
            Last edited by Itchy...Munch!; 03-31-2009, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I can't find anyway to contact Barry apart from a talent agency website which is all in Japanese, could anybody help me with the japanese? I need to sign up and send them an e-mail

Comment

Itchy, maybe try one of those translation sites out there... It won't be perfect, but it may clear some things up a little and you can navigate your way to the e-mail.

Comment

How goes the progress gentlemen
                  Last edited by Vilmer; 04-07-2009, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Wow, it looks as though the research has taken a major divebomb Any word on Barry, Itchy? How about that interview with Michael Gough Rombie? We can't let this die!
                    Last edited by Vilmer; 04-20-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• No response yet. If I haven't heard back by the end of the month I'll follow it up.

Comment

• I think I have stumbled upon Barry Gjerde's e-mail! Hopefully it is the real deal and I can somehow get in contact with him.

Comment

• If it is the one I know, I wish you luck because I tried several times and never got a reply...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilmer View Post
                            I think I have stumbled upon Barry Gjerde's e-mail! Hopefully it is the real deal and I can somehow get in contact with him.
                            Didn't he die or something?
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Apparently, the IMDb website lists Reiko Takagi (高木礼子) as the Japanese VA for Rebecca Chambers.

Is the IMDb a credible source for this?
                              If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• Originally posted by OKei View Post

Is the IMDb a credible source for this?
                                For videogames not so much.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X