Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Enemies Do You WANT To Return, And What Enemies Do You Think WILL Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-J View Post
    and hunters, being the jumpy and runny things they are would probably be too difficult based on the game's slow control scheme .. atleast i think.
    Well, if they can implement them in RE1 and RECV - those games having the slowest control scheme EVER - than they could have done it in RE5.

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
    Not that I'm complaining any, I loved the Lickers and was quite surprised and happy to see them return! I was just sad that it was the ONLY past B.O.W. to return.
    I also thought it was implied that more "classic" enemies would return, but again it might have been a translation error. Still, the Lickers were awesome. When you're waiting for the elevator, and a shit ton of them come after you (most crawling on the ceiling) I was happy as hell as I felt like it was a tribute to "Aliens."

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Bees. Killer Bees savaging everything to death.
    "Or what? You'll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you? Well, go ahead - do your worst!"

Originally posted by Kuraudo View Post
    The Boulder needs to come back. He seemed like a really interesting character, but we didn't get to learn much about him. Hope he comes back in the sequel, all buffed up so he can give Chris a proper fight this time.
    That. Was. Hilarious.

Comment

Enemies i would like to retrun
      Licker beta- Best enemy in Re5 for sure, they even led up to them in the classic style, and i would be lying if i said i was scared. They were much better then there Re2 counterparts.
      Hunters- good enemy, maybe a design overhaul thouhg, i alway thought they looked stupid, but i like the idea.
      Zombies- I think something along the lines of a crimson head would be nice, although scarier looking, and perhaps tehse zombies would be going crazy ( 28 days later) as in freaking otu and screaming alot.
      Dogs- always liekd them, they were good in Re5, somethign like taht would be cool
      Regenerators- Best Re4 enemy, they kinda freaked me out, liked the design, we need more humanoid creatures like that, not these overgrown snakes and crocodiles

I really have no idea what wil l return, im still wonderign what Takeuchi will decide on for a new direction, and that will dictate alot, whethere we hopefully go back towards Re's roots, or more towarsd a shooter TPS/FPS genre.

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't bring back the Regenerators, since they were the only enemy in RE4 that was even remotely scary. Plus they were a challenge on harder difficulties too. Blowing their limbs off and still having them come at you was excellent.

Comment

but if they would have brought back the regenerators, people would have blown the "lol its the same as RE4" horn even louder.

Comment

I'd rather have had the Regenerator's than the JJ MK II complete with the same damned hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              I'd rather have had the Regenerator's than the JJ MK II complete with the same damned hat.
              Totally agree there. Iron Maiden death scenes in RE4 were some of the best (when they grab you and then launch you into their spikes).

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
                Yeah, I was surprised they didn't bring back the Regenerators, since they were the only enemy in RE4 that was even remotely scary. Plus they were a challenge on harder difficulties too. Blowing their limbs off and still having them come at you was excellent.
                They're still in RE5 in some form, Reapers regenerate blown off limbs and head and still come at you.

As for enemies that I'd want to return though, obviously number 1 would be zombies, along with maybe a G-Monster or hell, actually fight a giant croc like from RE2. I was disappointed with them in RE5, I wanted to actually fight one, not dodge it in the water.

Enemies I think will return however will probably be lickers, majini of course, and everything else that's not games pre-RE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                  They're still in RE5 in some form, Reapers regenerate blown off limbs and head and still come at you.
                  I think Reapers freak me out more than Regenerators. Regenerators were at least slow movers.

I was disappointed with them in RE5, I wanted to actually fight one, not dodge it in the water.
                  Yeah, I thought there'd be a croc battle as well, but really, I think it would not be as difficult as it was in RE2 due to the new controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                    I think Reapers freak me out more than Regenerators. Regenerators were at least slow movers.

Yeah, I thought there'd be a croc battle as well, but really, I think it would not be as difficult as it was in RE2 due to the new controls.
                    I agree about the Reapers. I have to watch my back every time one is around due to its cheap instant death move. These things ALWAYS ruin my combos in the mines in Mercenaries by their death move.

As for the crocs, it could be much easier, especially since they'd probably give you much more room to be able to move around since in RE2 you were limited to just a small tunnel. Still think it could of been cool though if there was a fight in RE5.

Comment

^Yeah, the croc battle in RE2 was definitely memorable. Wasn't that the first boss battle in 2? (I played that game a LONG time ago.) I agree that a similar encounter in 5 would have been much easier as boss battles in pre-RE4 REs were always difficult due to the tight setting or the clunky controls.

Fighting the crocs in RE5 was a bitch for me, since I really wanted to kill one but learned the hard way that their one hit kills made it nearly impossible until I went back with a magnum.

Comment

Working...
                      X