• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y..Y...You have the same sig as me

Comment

Originally posted by cleggy7 View Post
      Y..Y...You have the same sig as me
      That's because it's the best (serious) line on a Resident Evil ever.

But there a lot of Wesker's one liners... when the spoiler stuff ends I'll change my sig; I have an excellent one waiting!!!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        I'm really glad you're not a world leader, Harry Mason. You can't just go around NUKING everything. A nuke was used on Raccoon City because it was a last resort. You think the President was like "HAY LET'S BOMB IT, HAXX"? I doubt it. An entire midwestern city was emaciated by a virus that turned living things into flesh-eating monsters. That's a lot different than ANY of the other scenarios in the series.

Also, who would even have the authority to call for a NUKE on a village in Africa?
        Oh yeah I was going to answer this..umm nuking a pixelated video game world is OK. I'm not into nuking any real country in the real world.

Comment

Nuking Raccoon City was certainly something that puts the world upside down.
          Not only are you dropping a nuke on American soil, but you're also showing the rest of the world that you're fully capable of launching a nuke.

The political issues of the destruction of Raccoon City must've been many.

Starting to launch shit randomly to all over the globe to deal with what is more or less other people's problems isn't exactly something you want to do. Just read up some old news about any type of invasion of a country. Should give you an idea of a fracture of how things will be if you start dropping nukes on people.

(The joy of games is of course that you can do it. The question is of course how well the execution is. The potential for scenarios where such unthinkable things have been done is of course often limitless and source of plenty of awesome. It's all about how it's followed up.)

One of the troubles with any type of mass bombing of an area is that you can't know for sure whether or not you're killing civilians/survivors at the same time.

Also, in the case of Raccoon City vs Kijuju and *wherever outside of Madrid you were in RE4* is that the zombies in Raccoon City were not "intelligent" in any way and they were contagious.

The plagas infected seem to depend on some sort of instructions/orders. How they behave without those... who knows... Maybe they just continue to live their own little everyday lives, ignoring the outside world. Maybe they will quickly die out? They could turn out to be as incapable of looking after themselves as certain people with various handicaps are.

One thing's for sure, establishing a quarantine and a no-entry zone, containing (and evt. purging) the infected would be a much easier job than how things would've been with Raccoon City where things could spread fast. After all, Raccoon City went to shit thanks to something as tiny as rats carrying the virus into the city. And people got infected through simple exposure or by getting chewed on by zombies and/or other infected carriers.

The las plagas seems far more easy to control in terms of spreading. And it seems like spreading can easily be done as long as you have people (either pre-established hosts or other personnel) deal with the task of creating new hosts for it.

Comment

Ahhh...but say a las plagas victim were say bitten by a rat, the rats could once again spread the parasite. And what about Krauser?Spoiler:
            Last edited by Harry Mason; 04-11-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

The parasite doesn't spread like a viral infection. It is a living entity that attaches itself to the body and leeches off of (and controls it).

(How was it spread in RE4 again? Through inhaling, followed by controlled injections?)

Rats eating vaporizing plagas infected people probably shouldn't be a problem.
              Last edited by Carnivol; 04-11-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

We wouldn't have much of a game then, now would we? Also, it might get annoying. We'd be able to predict every ending to every game.

Comment

Nuking every area that has a biohazard would seem a little to much and redunent.

Comment

kill thousands....save billions!

Comment

I'm still interested that many previous game areas are still intact, such as salazar's castle, rokfort island, etc. Sheeva island was bombed though right?
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                        I'm still interested that many previous game areas are still intact, such as salazar's castle, rokfort island, etc. Sheeva island was bombed though right?
                        yeah those are unpopulated areas, why not nuke them?

Comment

= Rockfort Island

Comment

Nuking is not the solution for you? Why not try the hammer of daw... eerrrr wait, I mean: Tricell's Satellite Laser Weapon. Guaranteed 100% against Uroboros, Las Plagas, T & G Viruses, and even flu virus gets erradicated!

There are no left overs in Resident Evil. Everything explodes and goes to hell.

Spoiler:

No, just kidding. It's very interesting this whole "abandoned plagued places" thing. But my guess is that after what we saw storywise, it's kind of obvious that respective goverments could send biohazard-cleaning teams, a la BSAA maybe? If not, the whole Resident Evil world would be fucked up and then be like RE: Extinction (god, please no!).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

No no, they can't just bomb everything in Resident Evil. They have to leave that to reality
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Umbrella still kept an eye on the ruins of Raccoon City for quite some time following the nuclear strike, despite being embroiled in political turmoil at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the U.S. government managing that facility in the ending of Outbreak, especially since that Umbrella U.S.A. was shut down in 1999.

Mind you, that secretary mentions a call from "head office".
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X