No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so im almost done with CV and i gotta say its pretty crappy.

it seems like everything in the book is rushed.

that and wesker with a boner? wtf?

"aahh chris i didnt no you had a sister. is she good looking? is she looking for some action cause ive got a hard on like
    you wouldnt believe"

wtf? idk im just not likeing the book at all. Nemesis and Umbrella Conspiracy is Perrys best works but City of the Dead wasnt bad.

Comment

Actually, the only problem I had with CV was that it did feel rushed. Why was the longest game translated into the shortest book?

And yes, I like them all. Even the original ones... *flame shield on*

Comment

Damn, I've read CV novel but I really can't remember the part with Wesker's boner

About Perry's novels, I like them. Sure, they aren't award worthy, but it was fun to read and given what she was working with (cheesy story and lots of monster killing, puzzle solving and running around mansion/city/island) I think she did really good job. I especially liked how she mixed Jill's and Chris' scenario in RE1 or how she added a backstory to Nicholai in RE3.

The only novel I don't like is RE: Underworld; it just doesn't feel like a RE story to me. Caliban Cove, on the other hand, I think was great - an original story that still managed to stay true to RE atmosphere (including puzzle solving ;)).

I would really like Perry to write a novel based on RE4 and RE5.

Comment

City of the dead, Umbrella Conspiracy, Nemesis = awesome. I've probably read The Umbrella Conspiracy book like 1,000 times...literally. It's damn good. I've tried to get into the "Perry originals" such as Caliban cove and underworld but I'm just can't. Dumb monsters called "fossil", generic "bad guy scientists"...boo.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

"Damn, I've read CV novel but I really can't remember the part with Wesker's boner
            "

Spoiler:

___
            "Why was the longest game translated into the shortest book?"

Because Perry didn'y add all of the back-tracking that was in he game, thank Satan.

Comment

Working...
            X