Scanning Biohazard Guidebooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    If I'm scanning an entire book then I'll de-spine it. But lately I've just been cutting out only the pages I need to scan (art, interesting info) with an exacto knife. Much less messy and a lot less time spent on my behalf.

You're right on the scanner too. Its working out much better than my previous consumer line one. Can't really argue when you get results like this
    Nice...

Comment

COCKTEASE TIME

PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I wish I could draw like that... Capcoms artists are very skilled; few lines = awesomeness. Nice scan P!

Comment

I've uploaded the rest of the scans: http://projectumbrella.net/media/images

Enjoy!

Comment

The scanner I got is an HP 8250. It retailed for some insane amount of money (something like $600), but I was able to get a second-hand one for a little over $200.

I just finished up scanning in all RE1 art assets, so heres an Enrico
            Attached Files

Comment

Holy shit...

Comment

Indeed, holy shit :O
                It's so clear. I would never have said it was scanned.

Comment

That scanner puts my scanner to shame, by a MSRP difference of about 500 bucks... Egads, Dot! That must be one hell of a scanner!

Comment

The one drawback is its auto-feeder. I was hoping to use it on books like Archives, but the scan quality is not as clear as opposed to scanning it right on the glass. Takes about 8 minutes per scan too at 1200 DPI. Kinda a bitch, but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end

Comment

Working...
                    X