No announcement yet.

1.5 Map Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see... It looks like their is a considerable amount of space between the buildings to me. That back shutter probably does lead outside... but I wonder if there is a room there which makes use of the space at the back of the station. You have to send Sherry in to get a key item or something along those lines. Also the room to her right (that blood stained office) is in the same shape as the car park, so maybe that also gives us a hint. Though I don't expect the walls to line up with the basement, it would just make some sense for structural reasons I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
      the room before the museum footage [ATTACH]2894[/ATTACH]

also the garage deal there...the doors don't match between the service area and the parking garage. I'm assuming that's one of those little errors on fusing differant game builds?
      [ATTACH]2895[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2896[/ATTACH]
      The holding cell with the door closed comes from final beta, so it would be the build after psm's footage.

The discrepancy with the door handle I chalk up to simple error on Capcom's part (it wouldn't be the first one). The door and the big blue shutter match up perfectly from inside the vehicle service area and the parking garage, so I'm pretty positive this is how it is.

Kev, this is how the Helipad is laid out.

I doubt there's any FMV to explain the truck. It's just part of the environment of the game.

As I stated before, the area beyond that broken shutter door next to the main office is probably a rear lot of the RPD, but the map doesn't seem to consider it a usable door, and there's no footage or any indication you ever have access beyond it. With the constant spawning zombies coming from there, I assume it's an outside area and not accessible.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, guys, this is an interesting read. Alzaire, how can you tell what builds we're looking at just by seeing pictures?

Comment

Endless zombies... god damn. So, the exit to the car park is on the right side of the map is what you're more positive on? or the top of the map which is in your 2nd speculation map. It makes sense to have it at the right side of the map I guess. Without knowing much of the outside structure it's kind of hard to say really. If you look at the ramp in the car park, looking up at the end and trying to work out whats up there you might see some things. I've noticed a few things, for 1 there are some lights (like the ones near that building next to the flaming truck), 2. I swear I can see a pillar in the left lane... either that or its a sign, but then why would officers needs signs to use their own car park. You know having the exit at the right side of the map seems pretty spot on to me, so long as there isn't a building in the way.

psst.. Alzaire is a guru

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
            The holding cell with the door closed comes from final beta, so it would be the build after psm's footage.

The discrepancy with the door handle I chalk up to simple error on Capcom's part (it wouldn't be the first one). The door and the big blue shutter match up perfectly from inside the vehicle service area and the parking garage, so I'm pretty positive this is how it is.

I doubt there's any FMV to explain the truck. It's just part of the environment of the game.
            Yeah I guessed that the cell photo was one of Inflames do dads from the final, but it lines up with the museum video..so I just figured. I was just guessing about the FMV ..since in the retail game the helicopter crashed and you saw it happen.

Comment

Edit: oops Version 3 now lol, the image on the right is how it is on that mock up official artwork sketch you showed.
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-26-2009, 05:34 PM.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                Wow, guys, this is an interesting read. Alzaire, how can you tell what builds we're looking at just by seeing pictures?
                From all of the public media available to us, I've pretty much narrowed down 5 known build eras of 1.5.

The first being the "alpha build". This was the first that the public/press got to see of 1.5 (shown at V-Jump). The only areas seen are the RPD Lobby, Reception Area, and Chief's Office. All of which are largely different than later builds. Leon's model is also unique to this build and is changed later.

The second build type is a single video, which made a significant jump since the first build. Most of the same areas from the first build and this one were redesigned. Female zombies only seem to exist in this build (they are never seen in any other build and it's footage) and Leon wears civilian jeans and a jacket.

The third build introduces Elza for the first time in-game, and her model is very ugly and rough. Some of the main areas from the second build were touched up a bit, and more areas were shown. This build has the firing range with 8 stalls.

The fourth build is the most commonly seen. It is the build that the playstation museum reviewed, the one in the goromacida video, and likely the one previewed by journalists. Elza's model was improved. Both Leon and Elza have unique walking and idle stances when holding their handguns in this version that were not in build 3 nor in the final build. The firing range was changed to 4 stalls, as well as a few minor additions and changes here and there as well as new footage of more areas. John's model is unfinished, and his model is used as a placeholder for Marvin at least once during a cutscene. Sherry's model is also slightly different than in the final build.

The fifth and final build is the one that the Complete Disc videos come from, as well as a few press videos and all of Inflames' special images. Once again a few minor changes here and there, all the character models got improved and/or included (except female zombies, they're still MIA since build 2), the unique animations for the characters holding the handguns was removed, ect.

These are just definitive builds that are distinctive and broken into 5 collected build eras for ease of understanding.

So, the exit to the car park is on the right side of the map is what you're more positive on? or the top of the map which is in your 2nd speculation map. It makes sense to have it at the right side of the map I guess. Without knowing much of the outside structure it's kind of hard to say really. If you look at the ramp in the car park, looking up at the end and trying to work out whats up there you might see some things. I've noticed a few things, for 1 there are some lights (like the ones near that building next to the flaming truck), 2. I swear I can see a pillar in the left lane... either that or its a sign, but then why would officers needs signs to use their own car park. You know having the exit at the right side of the map seems pretty spot on to me, so long as there isn't a building in the way.
                I'm really not positive. The parking area ramping out of the right/east side of the building makes a lot of sense and seems to fit well. I like it's placement there better than in my second version of the map I had made, but without giving the basement a 2nd level down, it's harder to place the rest of the many rooms with that much space beneat the RPD foundation taken up by the garage. I try my best not to make up any rooms/halls and only use known visible footage and speculated connections between known areas. That's why it is so tough, with missing room, hall, camera angle, door location media.

There's plenty of roadway around the station. Seems to be a decent size road bordering the east and south (front) of the RPD.
                Last edited by Alzaire; 07-26-2009, 05:40 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

What was that forensics room you mentioned? Was it this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	map layout.png
Views:	2
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	398759

I thought it was on the 2nd floor...
                  Last edited by Harry Mason; 07-26-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

It's the room leftover on the trial disc. Room 702.

Edit: Yes that's the room. Honestly it's still up in the air as to whether it's the second floor Medical Room, or a Forensics Room in the basement.

But what leads me to believe now that it is a basement room is something c2keo noticed recently.

In the video in the link above, there's a short clip in the 5sec to 7sec mark. Slowing it down and looking down the hall behind the zombie you can see what appears to be a double-door of similar color and style to the door in the forensics room. It's hard to tell if the windows are there or not, but the windows in Room 702 don't match the placement of the little windows in the doors in what is speculated to be the Medical Room doors either. So either chalk it up to: all 3 areas are unrelated, the little windows in the doors changed between versions making either door location a likely candidate. Personally I am more inclined to believe Room 702 is an autopsy/forensics room and is located in the basement. It wouldn't make sense for them to be wheeling dead bodies around the upper floors of the RPD.

Here's a little picture c2keo made and showed me to show that the room 702 door is extremely similar to the one behind the zombie. It's fuzzy and blurry, but I don't think it's too difficult to see the door color similarities and the door pushbars.

Last edited by Alzaire; 07-26-2009, 08:06 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                      It's the room leftover on the trial disc. Room 702.
                      But isn't it on the second floor behind the door in your sig? Or is that hallway part of the basement?

I don't know but putting all doors side by side...Click image for larger version

Name:	door vs door.png
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	398760
                      none of them fit
                      Last edited by Harry Mason; 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I corrected my roof map with update 3 what do guys think about about a service ladder being behind the crate? in the video footage and pictures we have?
                        and the idea that they originally wanted to have a roof exit room?
                        Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-26-2009, 08:10 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                          I corrected my roof map with update 3 what do guys think about about a service ladder being behind the crate? in the video footage and pictures we have?
                          There's almost definitely something behind the stacked crates and it appears to be either a set of steps leading down or maybe a ladder. But beyond that, no way to know for sure exactly how it is. Although the cardinal direction of the helipad is pretty much confirmed, the exact placement on roof location is not. And with the possibility of 2 or 3 floors up, it's pretty much impossible to come up with something that looks right.

Harry, I was editing my last post on while you made your last post. So go back and look at my post before this one for more explanation and information on the forensic room theory.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                            I thought at one point that the time bomb might be used to clear the crates to access the ladder, that's assuming the ladder is leading down to the roof section above the lobby. If you look at all the screens of the helipad the crates are missing in one

Click image for larger version

Name:	roof.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	398761
                            Last edited by Harry Mason; 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

There's nothing to suggest anything leading to a roof exit / steam escape room either as seen in the concept sketch? there's no info about the 2nd or 3rd floor?
                              I thinking something like this

Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-26-2009, 09:58 PM.

sigpic

Comment

There's already 2 doors from exiting the helipad, and you can't really go by that concept art. I'm not even sure if it's from 1.5 conception or retail RE2, just that it seems more based off 1.5 structure (since the RPD was more compact and square, with a door leading out the upper west corner like in the concept and such).

These are the 2 doors that exit off the roof/helipad area. They both lead into the RPD highest floor. But there's no media of anything that would explain where exactly those doors lead once inside.

If there is anything past the crates blocking that spot on the helipad, I'd venture the most likely guess would be an outside fire-escape or maintenance path. It probably somehow connects to the RPD Front Balcony in some way. But there's no media to show how it does so.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X