No announcement yet.

1.5 Map Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the retail version do you mean the staircase that comes out the office? or the actual helipad?
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
      With the retail version do you mean the staircase that comes out the office? or the actual helipad?
      I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking here? I'm not sure what the retail staircase is in reference for. I don't think the retail RE2 has been mentioned.

Are you asking if the possible stairs that go down where the stacked crates are are like one of the ones in retail 2? If so, I don't know because there's no 1.5 footage of it.

I wouldn't use the concept art that I posted and you referred to later as too much of a large basis. As I said, I don't know if that concept art is from 1.5 or if it's from retail RE2. The only reason I believe the concept art is possibly from 1.5 timeframe is because of the buildings design being similar to the basic concept of 1.5's RPD building design, but only loosely.
      sigpic

Comment

Ughh i'm confused now between the relationship between the rpd carpark and the helipad.
        In the concept artwork the staircase is going to a 2nd floor room instead of bottom of the car park there's no seating area either.
        In the videos we have it's going down onto the ground floor opposite some fence with doors either side which I guess is meant to be the glass divide between the car park? all the angles are wrong though enough though the same door appears to be behind the stairs going downwards.
        Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-27-2009, 12:58 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Ughh i'm confused now between the relationship between the rpd carpark and the helipad.
          In the concept artwork the staircase is going to a 2nd floor room instead of bottom of the car park.
          In the videos we have it's going down onto the ground floor opposite some fence with doors either side which I guess is meant to be the glass divide between the car park?
          No no, ignore the concept artwork. The staircase and helipad has nothing to do with the parking garage. And like I said, the concept art itself may not even be related to 1.5 at all (there's no date for it, it could be early retail RE2 concept art). Even if it is, the actual in-game constructed RPD is definitely a lot different as it is. I think you're trying to take and understand the concept art too literal and apply it to something unrelated (I am not sure how the helipad stairs became connected to the parking garage for you).

The RPD Helipad is on the roof of the building and the stairs (posted in my video screenshots a couple posts up) lead onto the top floor of the RPD and one of those doors leads into a staircase (the green sign above the door indicates so) and the other door leads into an area of the top floor. The stuff on the other side of the fence in the helipad stair area seems to be maintenance stuff and there's what seem to be water tanks underneath part of the helipad.

The image you posted comparing the RPD Helipad stairs to the other 2 images is way off base. The stair with the Umbrella sign and the room with glass doors and cop cars outside are parts of the Umbrella Factory. Unrelated to the RPD at all.
          Last edited by Alzaire; 07-27-2009, 01:02 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

In the retail version doesn't the rpd courtyard on the right hand side back onto the helipad area the wall that you see when coming down the stairs? in the retail version the helipad is on the 1st floor and as soon come down the stairs your on the ground floor you go through the generator room and your in the car park near the B scenario starting point.

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
            The image you posted comparing the RPD Helipad stairs to the other 2 images is way off base. The stair with the Umbrella sign and the room with glass doors and cop cars outside are parts of the Umbrella Factory. Unrelated to the RPD at all.
            So how come with a little altering of angles it perfectly matches the rpd car park? where did the idea of a Umbrella Factory come from? and why would it contain police cars?
            Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-27-2009, 01:38 AM.

sigpic

Comment

In the retail version doesn't the rpd courtyard on the right hand side back onto the helipad area the wall that you see when coming down the stairs? in the retail version the helipad is on the 1st floor and as soon come down the stairs your on the ground floor you go through the generator room and your in the car park near the B scenario starting point.

So how come with a little altering of angles it perfectly matches the rpd car park? where did the idea of a Umbrella Factory come from? and why would it contain police cars?
              I see what you're saying about retail, but it's really kinda pointless to bring it up. Retail is pretty much a completely new design - you shouldn't be comparing it to 1.5 and expecting it to be the same or even close. Most of what carried over from 1.5 to retail were small things (item models, ect). Only a couple rooms survived and even they were changed a bit. Just because retail RE2 did something doesn't mean 1.5 even was similar. The stairs may have reached ground floor and led to the rear parking section in retail, but the parking garage in 1.5 is underground and the helipad is on the top floor of the building (likely 3 floors high is my main working guess). Presuming if you blow up the crates on the helipad and there is some form or stair or ladder there, it has a much higher probability of leading to the RPD Front Balcony than anything else.

I see what you're getting at with those images, but those are just camera angle comparisons done by someone (I forgot who) to just show how there are similar camera angles in parts. It doesn't support anything. There are other similar camera angles of perspective between 1.5 and 2, but they are unrelated.

Where did I get the idea of a Umbrella Factory (better word would be facility)? I guess you are unaware, but we have the entire backgrounds for the latter half of the game for everything past the sewers and have them mapped out to pretty crisp accuracy. Your areas in question are part of the management building of the Umbrella facility, which is directly connected to Umbrella Warehouse and the production area of the facility. These areas are mapped out to pretty much full accuracy. The location is beyond the sewer portion of the game and has nothing to do with the RPD at all, including the helipad and garage.

The reason the police cars are there is apparently because they attempted to raid the Umbrella facility recently. This also helps explain why there are still a few cop zombies in the Umbrella Lab section of the game even in the final build where white labcoat zombies exist in there as well. The Labs are accessed through the Umbrella Warehouse, which is part of the Umbrella facility I described.
              Last edited by Alzaire; 07-27-2009, 01:56 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

So 1.5 has no garage to begin with apart from the basement parking lot?
                makes sense considering the garage serves no purpose in re2, seems like it's just a botched reuse of assets from the 1.5 umbrella facility "police cars" they where too lazy to move the cars from there current positions all they did is re-texture the background, switch up the camera angle slightly, changed the door co-ordinates and then renamed the .RDT / .BSS room files to fit in with re2 filelist.
                It was me who did the room angle comparison hence the reason I still have the image, lol.
                Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-27-2009, 02:18 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Wow guys O.o quite a discussion you got going there . I looked at the doors you posted, and it looks like the first image is sort of shaped... strange o.o.

At first I thought this...

But then when you try to line any of the rooms and hallways up, they don't fit. So I suppose that part isn't in the RPD basement? By the way, about that ladder... I was wondering how you get up onto that platform just above the burning truck, and you jump down onto the crate. There isn't a door up there? at least I didn't see one.

Edit: I just noticed that the wall in the first image is the same as that of the 1st floor... the walls in the basement are tiled, where as the walls on the 1st floor have a concrete boarder at the bottom and tile flooring. >.>

Yeah, the service ladder makes sense to me, It's hard to work out, but I can't see many ways of getting onto the balcony of the RPD. Like with the flaming truck... Unless Leon could do parkour I can't see any way up onto that balcony >.>.
                  Last edited by Linzuki; 07-27-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Alzaire, the beta artwork of the RPD comes from the Archives book, and was used in the RE3 part of the book.
                    I am not sure if it was created for RE1.5, RE2 or RE3.
                    A bigger size can be seen here:

Previous pages show other tests for the RPD.
                    Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Mmm.. Since I already have a topic open, I may as well ask here. Does anyone know what the "Anti-virus bomb" is in RE2? it looks kind of like those bombs in RE3 that are on the wall, but I can't use it :/ unfortunately.

Comment

Kev, if there is an above ground/outside garage other than the basement parking lot for the RPD, there's no media of it and no indication it exists or is accessible.

Linzuki:

This above area isn't in the basement. It's on an upper floor, probably 2nd floor.

The double doors are hard to match because all 3 seem to be slightly different. It's quite possible none of it matches in the end. I'm going with a possibility though that the doors from the Room702 file could be an older design of the room and they could have changed. I think it would fit better with the really dark basement hall from the video I posted earlier.

A part of the basement that a lot of people forget about is briefly shown in Complete Disc video 1.

This area is also where I believe these 2 connect:

After Leon shoots that zombie's head off, if he were to take a left, I believe he would be at the image next to it. I know the colors appear off, but the brick size/type, the wires running along the top of the wall, the fact there isn't much light in either, and the placement of the lighting make it clear to me it is likely the same area. The color issue is likely due to video quality and settings, which is common issues with 1.5 media.

Also, if you look close (and especially go back to the video and look carefully) you can see a technical error where a zombie can be seen through the wall to the left of Leon. I believe this zombie is the same one that Leon encounters in the image next to it.

This is this place I have on my 2nd map:

I have it circled in white.

These doors are all confirmed to lead to stair rooms of some kind:

You can tell they are stairs because of the signs. The signs that above the door in the Helipad Area and the Basement Hall are hard to make out, but the one below the Main Basement Hall door Leon is standing in front of is pretty clear to make out. c2keo pointed it out to me. It's this sign:

The 2 above the doors seem to cut off the words 'fire exit' and just use the symbol, which I'm pretty sure is just indicating the doors lead to stairs. I am -not- implying that all 3 of these doors all lead to the same stairwell or set of stairs, just that it is pretty likely because of the sign they all lead to some stairs.

I might be wrong, but I believe the anti-virus bomb in RE2 is probably an item from the dual shock mini-game. I think you have to go around and collect the bombs in a certain time limit?
                        Last edited by Alzaire; 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

There are ingame videos/pictures of these areas?

Comment

It's a totally different section of the game labeled as the umbrella factory / facility extracted from the Biohazard 2 Trial disc. I thought it was the rpd car park that somehow linked to the 1.5 helipad because of the concept sketch but Alzaire's has proven that to wrong :-)
                            You can play the room partially with a epsxe save from bioflames, there's a background viewer code floating about somewhere too

There's in-game pictures of a wounded / slumped Marvin Branagh in the seating area I believe as well as Sherry she enters that room when crawling through the gap I think.
                            Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Just a quick little note.

Alzaire, when you say "it doesn't make sense for rah-rah-rah", remember, this is Capcom we're talking about. It don't make sense for the retail RE2 RPD station to have no toilets, but they've managed it. Capcom WILL make the officers wheel dead bodies through the first floor. Capcom WILL put signs in the direction of the parking garage.

Lol, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't put anything past them. But, in a way, you're right. These are all assumptions anyway.

Comment

A video from Biohazard Director's Cut: Dual Shock Version - Complete Disc.Please visit Biohaze.com for the latest information regarding the Resident Evil (Bi...

I still haven't been able to fully decipher what Sherry said?

"Elza I know a secret way in,
                                A secret entrance?
                                it's here, look I can get inside Dayna 's or David's school or skull,
                                Sherry wait!!!"
                                wtf??? who is Dayna or David? and what is this school or skull she speaks of?
                                the only thing I can think of would be Elza's college but that doesn't make any sense.

Almost every shotgun, bazooka / grenade launcher blast results in a body from legs decapitation.
                                Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-28-2009, 09:08 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X