No announcement yet.

1.5 Map Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.o Geez relax guys... Didn't create this topic just so you could get worked up over some small things.

Comment

• Noone is worked up, we're just replying to Helegad's insinuation that we're holding things back because we want to prop ourselves up. Its borderline insulting to be honest.

Comment

• Helegad? Insulting? Shocking!

It'll be nice to see all the media, it must be said. I'm too fanatical for 1.5 to not wanna see it. Not Alzaire level fanatical, of course. But we might as well wait and see it at it's best.

Comment

• Got a few ideas/breakthroughs possible with the maps. I am still working on creating some maps, as Alzaire gave me a few pointers a while back. First, though I need a few answers as I'm partially confused on some stuff:

1. BLACK CROW's second floor RPD map shows the radio room (marked as #7 on his map) with certain darkened shapes (meaning there are objects in the room). Is his radio room based on any actually pics or vids?

2. PARKING GARAGE - I believe this structure is to the east of the RPD. Check out the Curator's vid at 36 secs in. At this angle you can see the outer wall surrounding the RPD, street lights on the other side, and a little further away is a white building. At 38 secs you see a new angle. Beside the balcony is another building with what looks like a giant entrance. The CRASHED VAN is going away from it. I believe Alzaire is correct and this is part of the entrance. Only I don't think they turn. One of the exit ramps goes straight to this spot. This means this area is an extention/part of the RPD. Because of the angle of the ramp, there can be NO first floor rooms above the Parking Garage. But, judging from the video, there could be 2nd floor rooms, meaning the second floor is possibly bigger than the first floor by a small margin.

3. HELICOPTER PAD. If the STACKED CRATES are blocking an exit to a service ladder (and the service ladder connects to the FRONT BALCONY OF 2ND FLOOR) then this means the HELIPAD is more centered and would line up with the walls of the front balcony.

4. On the Curator vid, at 4:40 to 4:52, Leon descends a stairwell from the HELIPAD to a small outdoor room. There seems to be an area on the other side of the CHAIN-LINKED FENCE. This may connect with the area beyond the door by the bottom of the stairs. I BELIEVE this may be a balcony that would go to the left and have a set of stairs to the 2nd floor in the back (similar to BLACK CROW'S 2ND FLOOR MAP) but I think it leads to a hallway (possibly the pics he uses as the stairwell hallway for the 2nd floor). The 2nd floor west wing hallway may also contain a door to the S.T.A.R.S. office (if present in the game).

5. Also speaking of the 4:40 to 4:52 section of the vid. I believe the other door (the one Leon goes through in the vid) may be a service hallway that runs the length of the building to the front (underneath what looks to be AC units or air ducts next to the HELIPAD). It could also connect to another stairwell (which could be possible if the second floor is bigger).

6. Are we sure there are 3 basement hallways? Is there a possiblity that they are just basements from different builds?

7. SERVICE / MACHINE ROOM next to PARKING GARAGE. Why does everyone have a manhole symbol/assume that Leon's group go to the sewers from here? I don't see an entrance. The only thing standing out in the pic is a CAR HYDRALIC SYSTEM used to lift cars up for service. Also, judging by the length of the rooms and other pics, there are probably TWO of these side by side.

I will try to have some maps made up, but these are some of the areas I've been concerned with. Hopefully, these ASSUMPTIONS/IDEAS are enlightening to people.

P.S. -- IF the parking garage is partially next to the RPD, and going by Alzaire's drawings from pages before... its kind of interesting that the addition to it (about the width of one of the ramps) would just about even out the size of both wings of the RPD on the first floor from the lobby. Just another thing I noticed.

P.P.S. -- I'm sorry if all this is confusing, but I need to get my maps done for things to make sense... Hopefully someone will beat me to it.
          Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Comment

• Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
            Got a few ideas/breakthroughs possible with the maps. I am still working on creating some maps, as Alzaire gave me a few pointers a while back. First, though I need a few answers as I'm partially confused on some stuff:
            Omg, sorry Ronin I had totally forgot to get back in touch with you. I worked on the maps and got frustrated and took a break and just never remembered.

1. BLACK CROW's second floor RPD map shows the radio room (marked as #7 on his map) with certain darkened shapes (meaning there are objects in the room). Is his radio room based on any actually pics or vids?
            No, there is no media of the radio room or it's exact location. I would stress not to be too concerned over BC's RPD and sewer map. They're outdated and incorrect.

2. PARKING GARAGE - I believe this structure is to the east of the RPD. Check out the Curator's vid at 36 secs in. At this angle you can see the outer wall surrounding the RPD, street lights on the other side, and a little further away is a white building. At 38 secs you see a new angle. Beside the balcony is another building with what looks like a giant entrance. The CRASHED VAN is going away from it. I believe Alzaire is correct and this is part of the entrance. Only I don't think they turn. One of the exit ramps goes straight to this spot. This means this area is an extention/part of the RPD. Because of the angle of the ramp, there can be NO first floor rooms above the Parking Garage. But, judging from the video, there could be 2nd floor rooms, meaning the second floor is possibly bigger than the first floor by a small margin.
            The premise of the parking garage exiting the east side is quite plausible. But you mention a white building with a large entrance and infer a possibility that the garage exits from it? This was discussed a little bit earlier in this topic. That white building is a non-related building across the street from the RPD. I'm also unsure what you mean by "Only I don't think they turn.". And yes, if the garage does exit outside the east side of the RPD, this would account for that extra space on the east side seen in the PSM footage with 2nd floor RPD stuff on top of it while not being available space on the 1st floor map.

3. HELICOPTER PAD. If the STACKED CRATES are blocking an exit to a service ladder (and the service ladder connects to the FRONT BALCONY OF 2ND FLOOR) then this means the HELIPAD is more centered and would line up with the walls of the front balcony.
            Pretty sure the helipad is on the 3rd floor and does not directly connect to the Front Balcony via a single ladder/stair. I did some more re-examination and study recently after this topic was made. And I've got a pretty solid location and mapping on the helipad I believe. If I get around to it, I'll draw it up and show you.

4. On the Curator vid, at 4:40 to 4:52, Leon descends a stairwell from the HELIPAD to a small outdoor room. There seems to be an area on the other side of the CHAIN-LINKED FENCE. This may connect with the area beyond the door by the bottom of the stairs. I BELIEVE this may be a balcony that would go to the left and have a set of stairs to the 2nd floor in the back (similar to BLACK CROW'S 2ND FLOOR MAP) but I think it leads to a hallway (possibly the pics he uses as the stairwell hallway for the 2nd floor). The 2nd floor west wing hallway may also contain a door to the S.T.A.R.S. office (if present in the game).
            The door with the green light is a stairs to the 2nd floor already. I'm pretty sure the fenced off area is a maintenance area and inaccessible. But even if not, there's like no media of it so I wouldn't try to map anything too specific personally.

5. Also speaking of the 4:40 to 4:52 section of the vid. I believe the other door (the one Leon goes through in the vid) may be a service hallway that runs the length of the building to the front (underneath what looks to be AC units or air ducts next to the HELIPAD). It could also connect to another stairwell (which could be possible if the second floor is bigger).
            Already addressed the stair thing. I'm pretty sure what constitutes the 3rd floor is almost all on the west side of the building and only a few rooms. There could still be another set of stairs, sure. But there's just too much speculation and unknowns with these upper floors.

6. Are we sure there are 3 basement hallways? Is there a possiblity that they are just basements from different builds?
            Unlikely. The main/common basement hall remains relatively unchanged throughout all versions. The other hallways are and the main one are present in the final build and all seem to serve a different function in placement and what rooms they seem to lead to. There may be more than 3 btw, I just know there's at least 3 or 4. It all depends on how everything connects, and there isn't enough available media to get a real proper idea.

7. SERVICE / MACHINE ROOM next to PARKING GARAGE. Why does everyone have a manhole symbol/assume that Leon's group go to the sewers from here? I don't see an entrance. The only thing standing out in the pic is a CAR HYDRALIC SYSTEM used to lift cars up for service. Also, judging by the length of the rooms and other pics, there are probably TWO of these side by side.
            There are probably 2 car lifts in the service room for sure. It's not an assumption that Leon's group goes to the sewers from the room. It's fact.

Leon and Marvin work together to push the big red metal bin out of the way and voila, their sewer entrance. We had the text translated a long time ago. I believe Marvin is saying something about escaping underground (sewer) here.
            sigpic

Comment

• Sorry, can't make out one of the kanji.

下に何かいるかも (?)れないし-

こんな言  があるだる?

"Something is under there, is that so?"

Comment

• Originally posted by MattJon View Post
                Sorry, can't make out one of the kanji.

下に何かいるかも (?)れないし-

こんな言  があるだる?

"Something is under there, is that so?"
                from what i can decipher here's what i picked up

Under there something is even whether or not

It is nonexistent

Is it that is and there is such a word?

thats what i picked up maybe its not properly written

If anyone can get me all the subtitles in proper Japanesse writing i can probably decipher it
                Last edited by belmont1997; 08-07-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• It is written properly. Japanese is never 1:1 to English, and just banging it through Babelfish et al produces some funky results. Even then, what the text says and what the English voice actors are saying will vary anyway.

But I'd think that Linda would be saying something along the lines of "Are you saying there is something under there?"
                  Last edited by MattJon; 08-07-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• This is before Leon and Marvin push the red bin out of the way. From the arm movements, I think Leon is talking.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I'm taking educated guesses here. Again there is a kanji that might as well be a white blob, but this is the most logical way of seeing it:

地下に道げるつてのはとうだ?

Leon: There is a way to the underground?
                      Last edited by MattJon; 08-07-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Yeah it kinda sucks, half the cutscene screenshots we have with text are basically illegible due to distortion turning the subtitles into white blobs of characters that can't be made out, or are very difficult to do so.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Well I'll keep going if there are anymore that might be worth doing. I've seen a pic before of Elza, Kendo and Sherry standing in front of a door. That looks painful to read, but I'd give it a go!

There wasn't too much exciting information from them two shots unfortunately, but they do make sense.
                          Last edited by MattJon; 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Its borderline insulting to be honest.
                            I speak my mind. It gets me into trouble a lot in real life, to be totally honest

As long as the 1.5 section on THIA will be eventually finished and those little "unseen" tidbits you guys have will be put up on there, I'm happy.

EDIT: Those screenshots taken from a TV... they suspiciously look like screencaps from a video. Why would anyone take two photos, seconds apart, about moving a big red block? Do these videos exist anywhere?
                            Last edited by Helegad; 08-08-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Not a video. They were taken by Inflames' old source from his tv with a digital camera while the game was being played.
                              sigpic

Comment

• If I were Inflames, I woulda grabbed the PS1 and ran
                                Last edited by Helegad; 08-08-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X