Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Barry I could see him as an excellent non-combatant character, maybe something not to different to Hunnigan in RE4. Someone offering advice and information from the home base. I don't think he should be on missions anymore. He's getting too old. I suppose, in theory, you could have him show up if his kids grew up and his wife died and so those ties are cut, but his age would mean he's not gonna be a first rate combatant now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post

I can't believe you're STILL using this argument, that IF Chris is in the game THEN everyone could be there too. In that thread about new DSC trailer everyone have told you exactly WHY Chris is in the game (short version: without Chris CV has no sense) and yet you're here, with yet another thread, with the same problem, deaf to facts and logic.
      I know why Chris is in the game. I still think it's annoying. Don't bother explaining it again.

And I still think that there is NO reason AT ALL that any character cannot make an appearance in DSC.

I'm going to rant here, and it's not all directed at you, but rather everyone.

You know what I really hate. When people assume I just want them to stand around and do nothing. You it's possible to have multiple story arcs you know. Plus I and others really want to know what happened to Rebecca after RE1. And don't give me that, oh she became a doctor and lived happily ever after BS. There is no where in canon that states that. So anything is possible with her. I want an actual canon to what Rebecca did after RE1. I really really hate it when people just assume nothing at all happens of screen between games. Plenty happens.

People that say there is no more to Jill and Chris's story arc are so wrong it's not even funny. It's just depressing to think that people believe that. If that was true, how would RE2 come into existence. In the end of RE1, everyone escapes, happy ending. But then they added more, with Raccoon City. I mean jeez use your imagination people. It's not that hard to come up with something new and interesting.

I mean, for example, in Ratchet and Clank 1. By the end of the game, Ratchet has saved the galaxy, becomes friends with Clank and overcome all their differences, killed the bad guy. And in the ending scene it shows them both walking of into the distance back to Ratchets home. Now, how in the fuck did they make Ratchet and Clank 2 then!? Are you's all like, "but OMG his story is over, there is NO more, the galaxy is fine! There can be no more Ratchet, there were no loose ends!" There is such things as adding more, making new things, a second story arc, No it's not milking at all, it's normal. Otherwise how would you make a series? You can't just know if a game is going to sell well or not. Sometimes a stand alone game will sell heaps, and a new story arc will be made for the second. If you can do that, then any RE character can be given a new storyline to feature in.

Just so you know, in R&C2, the game begins on Ratchets home world, he is now famous for saving the galaxy, and has deals with company's to promote weapons and things. And then, some one from another world uses a sort of teleport thingy to kidnap him, transports him to another galaxy, and asks for his help. He trains as a commando and goes to work saving the next galaxy.

OMG I know right, I new story arc, how bloody rare! It's not as if it's common or expected or anything.

I am sick to death of hearing shit like this and that characters story is over. You know what, you know when a characters story is over? WHEN THEY ARE DEAD! Until then, there is always more to tell.

Now there is no reason at all that Jill and Chris cannot possibly be in DSC. As someone said before, the theme is family/love. That second part fits Chris and Jill perfectly. More than Leon and Krauser anyways. I mean, the Leon and Krauser mission has nothing to do with any of those themes, from what we know of it anyway. So a Jill and Chris mission, that can explore a little of there personality's and at the same time drive the story forward would fit well in the game and be far from out of place.

If your ok with capcom putting a Leon and Krauser mission for the sole reason of showing there back story, when it has nothing to do with the theme of the game, then you should be ok with having a section showing what Rebecca is doing too, and Barry. And most certainly Jill since she fits better than Leon even for the most part.

So what, is DSC going to be focusing solely on this theme of family and love? Or also having sections to finish of loose ends? If it's gonna be the latter, why not just cut the RE2 and CV sections from the game and have all the loose ends covered in this one game and have 4 original scenarios. I mean, Id rather wait for a real remake than get an on rails RE2 and CVX. We already know what happens in them, it will add nothing to the story, it's just, as Darkmoon said, it's milking Claire, Leon, RE2 and CVX. As it's adding nothing new or even canon to them. But it seems your fine with it, but not fine with a completely new and original story. DSC, like UC is non canon except for the Leon/Krauser mission anyways. The whole game could be Alfred cross dressing and I would not care in the slightest, cause it's non canon. CVX and RE2 are still canon. So don't get your panties in a knot cause I said I don't think Chris needs to be in it. It's just an on rails rehash, it's not like it will effect the canon at all. If it really was Claire and Leon's game, they could change it to make it theirs. But hay I'm not arguing that again.

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
      I stand by my opinion that every resident evil character needs to die or STFU

RE6 needs a new story and cast of characters. Theres no reason any existing characters should return, in my opinion. Sure an epilogue would be nice however.

I still love them, but I want a compelling story. If they keep rehashing characters, it will stagnate.
      I mostly disagree, RE needs a new story yes, definitely. The current one sucks. But about the characters, hell no. They are mostly great. There is no need for new characters.

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
      I understand, but I'd at least like to know what happened to him. Did he retire? Where did he and his family move to?

Also, what about Rebecca? We assume that because she was only 18 at the time of the Arklay incident, she probably got out of that line of work and lived a normal life. But I'd like to know for sure.
      I think all that is known about Barry is that he moved to Canada with his family. And nothing is known for sure about Rebecca. For all we know she could be a marine biologist doing research in Antarctica.

Comment

Well...there is one really good reason why Jill isn't in DSC. Capcom already told us. And honestly? No one but you seems to want her there. She has no place in this game. The only reason, and I meant the only reason at all, Chris is showing up is because he has to. There's no reason for Jill to be there, storyline wise...but, much more importantly, there is no good reason to include her. None whatsoever. Remember, this is the Leon and Claire show, and even Claire is looking suspiciously second rank to Leon. Niether has a connection to Jill bar Chris.

And when people say there story is done, well, I agree. Wesker is gone. Umbrella is gone. The only motivation left is to stop these bio terrorist outbreaks and at this point they're not alone, it doesn't all rest on them. The BSAA and all of it's resources is there. They're both getting older and fighting monsters when you're not in perfect condition is suicide. Honestly? I wouldn't mind hearing they'd retired and started training the next generation of people to take there place before they end up dead. It makes a lot more sense than two, what fourty odd year old people going out, with no real support, into a deadly combat area. They're reaching the age where the body starts to get slower, the eyes start getting worse, and no ammounts of boulder punching is gonna save there strenght.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Jill's not in Darkside Chronicles. She's not in any of the three confirmed scenarios or a possible fourth, and personally I think we're getting three good, long scenarios with plenty of story packed in rather than four anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
          And I still think that there is NO reason AT ALL that any character cannot make an appearance in DSC.
          No, there really isn't a reason why other characters couldn't be there. However, what I was talking about was that "if then" argument.

As someone said before, the theme is family/love.
          Actually, no. The main of theme of Darkside Chronicles is... a dark side (or something like this). Yes, it's a sloppy and stupid theme when you think about it but oh well...
          The whole love/family theme are themes of RE2 (Birkins, Redfields, Ada & Leon) and RECV (Ashfords, Redfields, Burnsides, Claire & Steve).

And why there's a Leon-Krauser scenario? Because, as you yourself repeated it several times in that other thread arguing why Chris shouldn't be in the game (), while UC was STARS game, DSC is Claire's & Leon's game. Claire stars in two games that are already covered, so Capcom had to make a new scenario for Leon; and since Krauser easly fit into the whole dark side theme (good guy turned into a bad guy) it clear why they come up with this idea.

I mean, Id rather wait for a real remake than get an on rails RE2 and CVX. We already know what happens in them, it will add nothing to the story, it's just, as Darkmoon said, it's milking Claire, Leon, RE2 and CVX. As it's adding nothing new or even canon to them.
          That's why it's "chronicles". It never supposed to be an original story, it always was a walk through a memory lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Well...there is one really good reason why Jill isn't in DSC. Capcom already told us. And honestly? No one but you seems to want her there. She has no place in this game. The only reason, and I meant the only reason at all, Chris is showing up is because he has to. There's no reason for Jill to be there, storyline wise...but, much more importantly, there is no good reason to include her. None whatsoever. Remember, this is the Leon and Claire show, and even Claire is looking suspiciously second rank to Leon. Niether has a connection to Jill bar Chris.

And when people say there story is done, well, I agree. Wesker is gone. Umbrella is gone. The only motivation left is to stop these bio terrorist outbreaks and at this point they're not alone, it doesn't all rest on them. The BSAA and all of it's resources is there. They're both getting older and fighting monsters when you're not in perfect condition is suicide. Honestly? I wouldn't mind hearing they'd retired and started training the next generation of people to take there place before they end up dead. It makes a lot more sense than two, what fourty odd year old people going out, with no real support, into a deadly combat area. They're reaching the age where the body starts to get slower, the eyes start getting worse, and no ammounts of boulder punching is gonna save there strenght.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Jill's not in Darkside Chronicles. She's not in any of the three confirmed scenarios or a possible fourth, and personally I think we're getting three good, long scenarios with plenty of story packed in rather than four anyway.
            I know she's not. But I wish she was. And I don't get people that say it's impossible for her to be in it. I do think, the sole reason of getting character development is a good reason though. Even if you don't think so, for me it would be worth it. And it certainly wouldn't harm the game at all. So I don't see why not.
            Also, I think there has to be a 4th scenario with Claire and Sherry. Otherwise, we will never find out what happened to them. It will be such a missed opportunity. If there could only be 3 scenarios. Id rather them cut out RE2 and CVX. And just have 3 original ones. One being Leon and Krauser, one being Claire and Sherry, and the last being Jill and Chris, and have the bonus missions with Rebecca and Barry, maybe Nicholai too. I liked him.

I think, that an RE2 and CVX scenario, is well unnecessary. If your gonna say Jill cant be in it, cause she will add nothing, then you have to also agree that a rehash of RE2 and CVX can't be in it cause it will also add nothing. Id rather original content, or a full remake, not on on rails rehash.

Also I really hate how the characters are aging. Having the games set in real time is a really stupid move. RE5 should be the last real time RE game. They should all be set sometime between 1998 and 2010 I think. There is no reason to have huge gaps in between. And anyways, MGS went from the 60's to the 2010's. And IMO Old Snake wasn't good, I would hate to see Jill, Claire and Leon end out like that. So I really hope that capcom sets them all in a specific time period. But still, if Old Snake could do it, then the RE heroes could in theory as well. Not saying I would like to see them do it though. Id rather the story end with Jill and Chris make baby's, have a family and retire from the BSAA, but then, still, the story isn't dead. They would just return to being a civilian, another Outbreak could occur. Jill and Chris would be trapped, with their young children to protect, stuck in a city in aging body's. The possibility's are limitless and endings are non existent in game series.

Comment

I am sick to death of hearing shit like this and that characters story is over. You know what, you know when a characters story is over? WHEN THEY ARE DEAD! Until then, there is always more to tell.
              Also I really hate how the characters are aging. Having the games set in real time is a really stupid move. RE5 should be the last real time RE game. They should all be set sometime between 1998 and 2010 I think. There is no reason to have huge gaps in between. And anyways, MGS went from the 60's to the 2010's. And IMO Old Snake wasn't good, I would hate to see Jill, Claire and Leon end out like that.
              ?
              sigpic

Comment

I disagree...having Jill in the game could have a neagtive effect. Something else would have to be sacraficed to include her scenario. They only have limited time, money and people after all, so something else would have to go to get her in there. And Jill has no real buisness being in here. It would be like having a Leon mission in UC where he goes to South America. It wouldn't have tied in with the other all story or theme, and they'd have had to remove something that did to get it there.

Also, I suggest you bring back the Jill topic. We know she isn't in DSC now, so there isn't much point talking about her in a DSC thread, even to explain why she should be in the thing.

Comment

The possibility's are limitless
                  But mostly shit.

endings are non existent in game series.
                  Anything that follows this rule is doomed to fail.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Also I really hate how the characters are aging. Having the games set in real time is a really stupid move. RE5 should be the last real time RE game. They should all be set sometime between 1998 and 2010 I think. There is no reason to have huge gaps in between. And anyways, MGS went from the 60's to the 2010's. And IMO Old Snake wasn't good, I would hate to see Jill, Claire and Leon end out like that. So I really hope that capcom sets them all in a specific time period. But still, if Old Snake could do it, then the RE heroes could in theory as well. Not saying I would like to see them do it though. Id rather the story end with Jill and Chris make baby's, have a family and retire from the BSAA, but then, still, the story isn't dead. They would just return to being a civilian, another Outbreak could occur. Jill and Chris would be trapped, with their young children to protect, stuck in a city in aging body's. The possibility's are limitless and endings are non existent in game series.
                    Wait...what? This contradiction is hilarious. You're the one always talking about realism, how you want the story and characters to be so realistic, and yet...you don't want them to age? That makes absolutely no sense. In truth, no one really ever aged that much to begin with. Claire matured, Leon...that's debatable, but he did phsyically fill out a bit more. Jill turned in Fiona Belli and Nina Williams' love child, and Chris...self explainitory.

And the whole family/love....that was an opinion from a fan, not a statement from Capcom. As Mr. Zombie said...the focus is on the darker side of the characters. I think Claire's Twitter shows that she isn't nearly as trusting as Leon (when it comes to Ada), and we knew that a bit from her initial feelings for Steve in CV where she found him to be more of an annoyance than anything.

Jill has no place in DSC, just as Chris, outside of CV, should not have his own mission unless it is with Claire. But if it is with Claire, then that means Jill doesn't need to be in it. Personally, I'd like to see more of Chris and Claire together. The entire time we knew Claire she was searching for Chris, and in the end we see them together a big...5, 10 minutes maybe?

I think the Leon South American mission will be interesting...Leon after all didn't go from rookie cop to protecting the president's daughter over night. Seeing him maturing in the six years between Raccoon City and Spain, to me at least, is more important than having yet another Jill mission that has nothing to do with the other main characters in the game.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I don't think there are lose ends with disapeared characters. It's just that nothing interesting happened to their lives. Did rebecca become a doctor? did she become a streeper? who knows... but i think it's completely irrevelant at this point inside the plot. Just a file or two would be enough.
                      It's quite simple: no news about those disappeared characters = they are living normal and boring lives with no interest in a resident evil game. They already had their glorious moments.
                      One thing is sure. there is no place for rebecca, jill or barry in darkside chronicles. It would be like asking for a special escenario for barry in RE4...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        And that's a big reason why Final Fantasy X-2 gargled huge donkey balls.
                        I remember it being far more fun than X....
                        Last edited by BadWolfX; 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I think, that an RE2 and CVX scenario, is well unnecessary. If your gonna say Jill cant be in it, cause she will add nothing, then you have to also agree that a rehash of RE2 and CVX can't be in it cause it will also add nothing. Id rather original content, or a full remake, not on on rails rehash.
                          ... I think you are missing the entire point of the Chronicles games.

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                            I wouldn't say far more fun, but I did enjoy it a lot. Yay, ATB!

On topic, though, I have to say that Jill doesn't need to be in DSC. At all. I won't even get into it, as most of my thoughts lie in the posts of Rosetta and Darkmoon, but Jill just does not need to be in the game (and I'm someone who loves Jill).

Now, it's good to see all the familiar faces from the two games. I can't wait for it! I'm still expecting an abridged version, but I don't think it'll be heavily abridged like some people said. The dev team for this game seems to be taking care of the game much more than was done with UC.
                            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                              Agree to disagree. I stopped playing it after 3 or 4 days.

Comment

Jill is happy in MvsC2 right now. As for new scenarios regarding her, use your imagination. Writing, music, visual art, graphics, custom games, nothing's stopping you from realizing Jill in a new and different way. Sure it won't correspond with the series canon (and haven't you already dismissed DSC as "non canon?"), but I'm sure it beats dealing with the lack of Jill.

I agree with albert and BLSR pretty much. I don't care about these characters. Sure, there's opportunity for a sequel "tying things up" (again) to be written well as a stand alone title, but I don't feel any more exposition will help a convoluted, overexposed story.

I never got what everyone wanted to know about Ada. We know that she opposes Wesker and Krauser, and she helps Leon and Luis...that's not enough? RE5 completely punted her acquisition of a control plaga out of significance. For all we know she sells it (which wraps up how Wesker got it in a package), and she's living off that money on a mysterious yet beautiful island, periodically emerging to fuck Leon.

Sherry? To be perfectly honest I want to see some kind of closure (it could even be in the form of a file) in DSC, possibly because Wesker's Report and RE3 epilogues conditioned me to want it.

Rebecca I would rather not talk about.

The mystery woman offers some nice possibilities. It could be an insignificant native who survives an outbreak(though I don't think she has darker skin as everyone else seems to, it's the shaded effect of the image), or a hostage that ultimately decides the fate of Leon and Krauser's relationship by RE4.

Comment

Working...
                                X