X-Play's Resident Evil Skits, Reviews, and Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Play's Resident Evil Skits, Reviews, and Footage

Hey Everyone. I haven't really participated much in the forums the last few months(mostly just reading news and post), but recently the past couple weeks I been busy transfering my old vhs tapes and dvd recordings of the show, and had the bright idea to share some of it on youtube(jumping on that bandwagon, lol), but specfically for this thread, all the RE-related material that I have. I figure I'll update this thread with two vids a week, or something like that. I might post some Metal Gear Solid stuff in that game thread, but otherwise--welcome to

THE X-PLAY RE THREAD!

First video is one of the best RE spoofs ever--THE BAD CAMERA ZONE

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and the second video is Resident Evil Zero Kill of the week.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Third video. . .

What happens when you take a romance cruise on the Spencer Rain? Resident Evil Dead Aim of course! Plus, Adam and Morgan discuss what makes a zombie a "dead," and a little message to RE "purist" everywhere!

Fourth Video. . .

Some games age well with time, while others rely on nostalgia to hide their crappiness. So which category does Resident Evil Code Veronica X for the Gamecube fall when Adam and Morgan review the then 4 year old game?

Hint***Not good at all!

Fifth Video. . .

Some games are scary, but can a game actually make you PEE YOUR PANTS!!! Resident Evil for the gamecube says so in the first edition of X-Play's, Games that make you PEE YOUR PANTS!

Sixth Video. . .

Classic X-Play brings you a preview of the game with the most nonsenseical amounts of cursing ever in a video game! Run away in terror of terrible camera angles, awkard pauses, and the shambling undead of the ps2's Resident Evil Outbreak!

___________________________NEW VIDEOS 12/15____________________

This time you get a 2 for 1 sale. . .

Ah, classic E3. Who doesn't enjoy nostalgic footage? Relive your feelings when you first laid eyes on the Resident Evil game that shook the series from top to bottom, as well as every other game of that year. Eat your heart out Halo, put that crowbar away Gorden Freemen, and go eat some snakes. . .snake, because E3 2004 belonged to Resident Evil 4. And Capcom of course! Let X-Play give you the tour!

Deciding on the best games of E3 is only a job for the true profressionals of the gamining industry to decide. One must be well-trained in the art of Video Game Techs. No average joe can handle the over-load of awesome games, so that's why X-Play is(er. . .was) there to tell YOU what the best gamecube and best game of E3 is(er. . .was). Start the wagering now!

So, any thoughts?
    Last edited by valentinesdead?; 12-15-2009, 01:17 PM.
    sigpic

heh I remember this. I liked the one where they hired Nemesis as an intern as well.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

thanks for the links, never seen these before.

Comment

I remember that... Oh, how I miss TechTV, G4 is a mere shadow of its former self... (RE reference! )

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I miss the old X-Play alot. In a different world, if G4 had never bought TechTv, I imagine X-Play would have been as fun now as it was back in the day, 2003-most 2004, before G4 management sucked the soul out of Adam and Morgan and the show around mid 2005, to appeal to the lowest based denominator for an audience(and not to mentiont the WAY over the top skits that polluted the show, while the substance was all but none at that point). They were so funny and witty, even today watching these old shows, there's still that fun spirit there.

But as far as the nemesis intern skit, I didn't remember it till you mentioned it zombie X. Unfortuantely--I don't think I have that one

If only G4 would release the techtv catalogue for download or something. . . I could die a happy man.

EDIT* Actually, the head writer/original disembodied voice Ryan Vance is another factor that made the show so awesome. He left in March or April 2005, and that's pretty much when the show lost its charm.
          Last edited by valentinesdead?; 08-30-2009, 06:08 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I love attack of the show, but I really wish Xplay hadn't gone serious.

Comment

I use to love X-play and even remember when it was just adam and no morgan. The show has really gone down hill over the years and think the last time I watched the show was when they did a UC review.

Comment

In my search to find the Nemesis intern video I found this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVJN...om=PL&index=48
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  In my search to find the Nemesis intern video I found this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVJN...om=PL&index=48

Hahaha. Yet another example of Japanese people's weirdness. Best part is when Nemesis and Birkin dance together while the japanese pop song is playing. Actually, the next video in the playlist is even better.

The guy that's supposed to be the merchant you can tell is japanese because of how he has to struggle with saying the merchants lines.

Too bad Leon coudln't have done the Ryu uppercut in the real game though

Ryfuken!(or however you spell it)

EDIT* Whoops, forgot to post the link.
                  Last edited by valentinesdead?; 08-31-2009, 01:23 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

heh! But that's not Japanese, I think is Spanish.

Also it's RyuKenn (Dragon Fist)......
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                      I use to love X-play and even remember when it was just adam and no morgan. The show has really gone down hill over the years and think the last time I watched the show was when they did a UC review.

Yes, they, as far as I"m concerend, gone completely downhill and lost complete touch with the real gaming base. Their reviews are so short, generic, and make no sense. REUC got a four out of five, but RE5 got 3 out of 5? What. . .the FUCK? And their reasons in the review are fucking terrible. They even use the whole racial thing claiming while its nothing racist, "they're playing with loaded imagery, and they should know better." And they compalin about the story, but correct me if I"m wrong, but I don't remember them complaing about RE4's story? Or the Gears of War and Call of Duties of the world now do it?

What?

Not to mention they seemed so HAPPY to tear it apart so they could plug just how "BRUTALLY HONEST" they are. That seemed too disingenious if you ask me. RE5 isn't a 5, but its sure a 4. It's still better than the average bear!

Hell, in the RE4 wii review I found on youtube, Adam actually proclaims RE4 has "badly aging graphics." Again. . .

What. . .the. . .hell are you smoking? RE4 still looks damn good by today's standards. Hell, it was the first next-gen game in a way in how advanced the textures and character models and cutscene animations worked compared to most of the games of that generation.

Oh X-Play, how you have changed. . .

(I'll be posting another video very, very soon)
                      Last edited by valentinesdead?; 09-01-2009, 04:11 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been trying to find the X-Play video of when the RE4 merchant was hanging around the offices, but I've had no luck so far D:

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                          I've been trying to find the X-Play video of when the RE4 merchant was hanging around the offices, but I've had no luck so far D:
                          I don't have that one either. , but, if anyone finds any RE X-play stuff, feel free to link or post or whatever.

Also, I have an vid ready, but I haven't had much luck uploading it on youtube the past couple days. Maybe tonight. . .
                          sigpic

Comment

Best RE spoof I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5l_fhYXfpk

This RE4 one is good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxVAQYpNmUQ

Comment

NEW VID!!

What happens when you take a romance cruise on the Spencer Rain? Resident Evil Dead Aim of course!

Plus, Adam and Morgan discuss what makes a zombie a "dead," and a little message to RE purist everywhere!

Discuss!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by valentinesdead?; 09-03-2009, 10:09 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X