Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Resident Evil Character (No Jill drama)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. She was controlled.

I didn't like the fact that she was controlled. I thought the whole plot point was ridiculous. Resident Evil has moved away from scary atmospheric tense survival horror to soap-opera non-scary action with matrix stunts. First, it was biological things that were controlling things, but Jill has this electronic device on her chest that controls her? And Jill is doing all of these manuevers that we have never seen her do before? It makes her character look worse.
    The device administers P30, a performance enhancer that also makes the host easy to control.
    C. They changed her appearance (long blonde hair, awful suits (both of them))

I already explained this. There's not much more I can explain on this. The long blonde hair did not appeal to me, at all. Her uniforms were awful. I simply didn't like the way her appearance was portrayed in the game.
    This has nothing to do with her character.
    E. What is with the fighting style? This is not the Matrix, this is Resident Evil.

Self-explanatory, I would think. Yes, there was a little bit in RECV, but as I said, that was from Wesker, and I didn't mind it so much because he was the only one that did those stunts, and he was the main villain. Now they're making Jill do it, and it just makes her character look pathetic too.

The only reason Capcom put Jill in RE5 was fan service. It was to help sell the game, appeal to fans, and take a character that had a good story line in the old-style Resident Evil games, and now put her in an action game just for the sake of having her in the game.
    Again... P30.
    D. She was in the game, period.

Right. I didn't like the fact that she was in the game. I personally felt that after RE3, she shouldn't show up in any more RE games. She survived the horror twice, and in RE3, she said that this would be "her last escape." They should have just left her story alone. I didn't mind that she appeared in that new Umbrella Chronicles scenario because in RE1 and RE3, she was trying to escape a city infested with zombies. In Umbrella Chronicles, she was joining Chris to take down Umbrella once and for all, so that was something she chose to do. She was no longer trying to escape something. She was trying to put an end to an evil corporation. So anything after the Umbrella incident, they should have left Jill's character alone. But what do they do? They taint her character by putting her in an action game, have her be controlled, and have her do crazy stunts. And the story of RE5 could have went just fine without Jill being in there. It was ridiculous.
    How well did you play RE3? Ever see the epilogues?

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
      How well did you play RE3? Ever see the epilogues?
      Yes. She wanted to join Chris to take down Umbrella. Umbrella was their main mission. And they did take down Umbrella. But now let's take it further. Let's milk her character more by having her at Chris' side as he takes on Wesker. As I said, I didn't like the writing. Chris and Wesker should have been one-on-one, and I didn't like the fact that Jill made another appearance after the Umbrella story.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Yes. She wanted to join Chris to take down Umbrella. Umbrella was their main mission. And they did take down Umbrella. But now let's take it further. Let's milk her character more by having her at Chris' side as he takes on Wesker. As I said, I didn't like the writing. Chris and Wesker should have been one-on-one, and I didn't like the fact that Jill made another appearance after the Umbrella story.
        For that reason why is Chris in the BSSA? He wasn't in there just to take down Wesker. He wanted to fight bioterrorism. They didn't take down Umbrella because it was Umbrella. Sure they both were wronged by Umbrella. But it wasn't simple revenge. It needed to be done. And when then took it down bioterrorism didn't stop. It got worse. So their job wasn't done. And why wouldn't Jill want to kill Wesker? He killed her teammates and then tried to kill her.

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
          For that reason why is Chris in the BSSA? He wasn't in there just to take down Wesker. He wanted to fight bioterrorism.
          We're not talking about Chris. We're talking about Jill here.

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
          They didn't take down Umbrella because it was Umbrella. Sure they both were wronged by Umbrella. But it wasn't simple revenge. It needed to be done.
          Agreed.

And when then took it down bioterrorism didn't stop. It got worse. So their job wasn't done.
          Their being the key word. I would have wrote it differently. I saw Jill's story as being concluded after the Umbrella incident, Jill does her own thing, Chris is in the BSAA, and when Chris confronts Wesker, it's the one-on-one showdown that was anticipated after the events of Code Veronica. I just see it differently, that's all. Honestly, I don't think Capcom had a clue where they wanted to take RE5.

And why wouldn't Jill want to kill Wesker? He killed her teammates and then tried to kill her.
          That's true. But I didn't like the fact that Jill was in another RE title after 3, and that having a team of 2 people ruins the horror element that RE1, 2, and 3 have established. RE5, you have a team of 2 people. It should have been just Chris on his own. He may have gotten help later in the game, but then the final showdown at the end of the game, Chris vs. Wesker.
          Last edited by RetroRain; 09-07-2009, 04:46 PM.
          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• RE5, you have a team of 2 people. It should have been just Chris on his own.
            Thats Sheva ya got a problem with there. Not Jill.
            As for Jill in the BSSA. Look at her character, she has a stong sense of justice. Why wouldn't she want to continue the fight. She was experienced with bioweapons. Another thing is she is Chris's partner. They obviously care for each other. She is likely to follow him.

Comment

• I picked Barry because he loves his family, guns and samiches. I would love to see a grey bearded Barry with a 44mag in one had and big samich in the other. I also liked Chris because of his Air Force background and his driving force to stop evil.

Comment

• I have a tie: Wesker and Leon. I'd rather not go into why, I always spark some sort of flame war when I do, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                  I liked Chris because of his Air Force background and his driving force to stop evil.
                  I liked Wesker because of his driving force to create evil.

Ya gotta love Barry, though!
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                    I liked Wesker because of his driving force to create evil.

Ya gotta love Barry, though!
                    Thats why Chris vs. Wesker makes a perfect story. I know that RE 5 was over the top and some times just ridiculous but overall I liked the game. And Barry should have been included even if it was some like in RE 4 where Leon was at the shooting range. It would have been cool if Barry was the range officer or if he was an instructor for the BSAA.

Comment

Thats why Chris vs. Wesker makes a perfect story. I know that RE 5 was over the top and some times just ridiculous but overall I liked the game. And Barry should have been included even if it was some like in RE 4 where Leon was at the shooting range. It would have been cool if Barry was the range officer or if he was an instructor for the BSAA.

Yes, Barry is awesome, but it seems Capcom decided Barry is on the level of the Rebecca's and Carlos's of the Resident Evil universe. Which is sad, cause a cameo appearance by Barry in the Spencer flashback would have bee very nice touch to the scene.
                      sigpic

Comment

I really hope Barry will be featured in an upcoming title. Perhaps he does work for the BSAA (most likely in a non-combat role due to his age), or maybe he would have joined them after the events of RE5...

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                        Yes, Barry is awesome, but it seems Capcom decided Barry is on the level of the Rebecca's and Carlos's of the Resident Evil universe.
                        Apparently Capcom considers him even less important than Rebecca or Carlos, due to his complete lack of an appearance in Umbrella Chronicles. Shame on you, Capcom.
                        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Apparently Capcom considers him even less important than Rebecca or Carlos, due to his complete lack of an appearance in Umbrella Chronicles. Shame on you, Capcom.
                          I doubt this. Barry was excised from the RE1 portion of REUC in order to allow Chris & Jill to partner up. Rebecca was retained due to her ties to the RE0 segment, and the Richard segment. Carlos was kept in the RE3 segment because Capcom didn't want to 100% screw up the RE3 portion (just 95%).

Everyone knows that Barry is way cooler than Rebecca and Carlos. Of course, even Ashley is better than those two.

Comment

Well, look on the bright side--at least Barry wasn't in a cheap ass piece of shit game like UC. I'll take that as a positve anyday. lol. Who knows when the man with the beard and colt magnum will return?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                              I doubt this. Barry was excised from the RE1 portion of REUC in order to allow Chris & Jill to partner up. Rebecca was retained due to her ties to the RE0 segment, and the Richard segment. Carlos was kept in the RE3 segment because Capcom didn't want to 100% screw up the RE3 portion (just 95%).

Everyone knows that Barry is way cooler than Rebecca and Carlos. Of course, even Ashley is better than those two.
                              Good point, and yes indeed, I'll take Ashley and sniper scope panty shots over Rebecca or "lame excuse for a side character" Carlos anyday. People might not care for Ashley's character or role in RE4, but one thing you gotta admit, she DID listen to what you told her to do. . .unlike another such somebody. . .

(SHEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAA!!!)

(Give me a 'erb, bitch)
                              sigpic

Comment

• Ashely? Really? At least Rebecca and Sheva can carry weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X