Resident Evil 5 HD Cutscenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
    Without wanting to burst any bubbles here, but i'm quite positive you're not in any position to make that sort of request.
    Of course I am. If I find out that my cutscenes were used without asking me, I'll delete them and never share anything like this again.

It IS my right to delete them and never share new ones for other games/RE titles, right?

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
      Of course I am. If I find out that my cutscenes were used without asking me, I'll delete them and never share anything like this again.
      That's my point though. They're not YOUR cutscenes.

Like i said, see how Capcom feel about you uploading them the way you have...particularly when it's a method that means you profit from it also.

Don't get me wrong, you're doing the community a great service doing what you're doing, it's just your demands that cheapen what you're doing somewhat.

Comment

I do understand what you are saying. However I'm pretty sure that the files are owned by me, their content is owned by Capcom.

I only ask to be informed about the distribution of the files I produced. I do not ask to be informed about the distribution of their content: anybody can capture the original cutscenes as found in-game and do whatever they want with them. That concerns Capcom, not me.

In most cases I will allow anybody to do with them whatever they want as long as I am properly credited. I think that this is much better than adding a watermark.

I don't want to further discuss this, because there's nothing to discuss.
        Last edited by doomed; 09-17-2009, 06:35 PM.

Comment

If you're happy to remain oblivious to any possible legal ramifications then that's just your problem.

Comment

Thank you so much doomed!!

One more favour please...
            Do you know the names of the videos where the masked woman appears in?

Comment

You're welcome!

I believe they are:

01 - Welcome to Africa
              16 - Irving's Great Escape
              26 - Irving's Web
              29 - The Patrol Boat
              33 - Wesker's Return
              39 - Uroboros
              Last edited by doomed; 09-17-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Can't believe this only dawned on me this morning...
                Originally posted by doomed View Post
                I do understand what you are saying. However I'm pretty sure that the files are owned by me, their content is owned by Capcom.
                Does that make it ok for me to rip a DVD movie and pass it around as my own and make demands as to how it's used? haha don't think so.

It's piracy.

Comment

Technically speaking, this sorta thing is covered by the Fair Use laws. In other words he can do it so long as he makes no profit from it and only does part of the content that won;t cost Capcom cash. Thus he couldn't legally rip the sound track and put that on YouTube because Capcom is selling the OST, but since there isn't a compilation of HD cut scenes he should be fine. Hence why there legal ninja's didn't descend on DaMa for the leaked demo info. The most they could do was ask him to take it down. Same applies here.

However, those Fair Use laws work the same for doomed. Which means, while he can ask people not to upload them, if someone decides to do just that there isn't anything he can do about it, especially if they don't claim it's there own work. He can certainly take the videos down again if he so wishes, but that's about the limit of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    Technically speaking, this sorta thing is covered by the Fair Use laws. In other words he can do it so long as he makes no profit from it and only does part of the content that won;t cost Capcom cash.
                    That's where the problem lies though, he does profit from it.

And not to mention that most of what you've just said seems to fly in the face of the inconsistent (i'm not bashing, i'm quite you'd agree that's the best word) piracy rules that THIA has anyway.
                    Last edited by Stu; 09-18-2009, 05:57 AM.

Comment

...how is he making money from this? I'm not seeing a charge to download the things.

As for our piracy rules, they follow roughly the same principle. If it costs the company making it money then we usually don't allow it. The notable exception is betas for games, and even there things can be different if it's before a game's release.

Comment

Profit doesn't have to include any financial gain, it can stretch to any sort of gains...
                        Plus whenever you download them from RS I obtain points which allow me to further prolong the availability of the files.
                        In the eyes of the law (unfortunately, two lawsuits in, i'm aware of this) that's considered profiteering.

And surely entire cutscenes from a game (particularly one with such a huge release) that's being sold would fall under the site's piracy rules?
                        Last edited by Stu; 09-18-2009, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I can't decompress Shadows of the past, it says part 3 is missing.... :S
                          Last edited by Jill Lover; 09-18-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                            I can't decompress Shadows of the past, it says part 3 is missing.... :S
                            Yeah, same here. I logged in just to say that.

Anyway... doomed, thank you SO MUCH for sharing the videos, They look amazing! Thank you so much!
                            http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                            Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Oops! Sorry guys forgot to paste the link for part 3: http://rapidshare.com/files/28091684...Past.part3.rar

It's quite small, about 12 MB.

Comment

Thanks so much!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X