Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Jill Valentine ever star again in her own game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Jill Valentine ever star again in her own game.

I've been hearing some people say that they don't want to see Jill Valentine in the next installment of Resident Evil and i'd like to know why.

Jill last starred in Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, and i think it's about time she makes a return as a main playable character, and not just in DLC form.

If Jill's story with Resident Evil is to end, than let it end with a bang.
    Let her say farewell in true fasion with one last kick ass ride.

I am not sure what CAPCOM will do now with Jill after seeing her in Resident Evil 5, but I only hope that in my opinion the best character in the series grants us one last escape.
    Last edited by capcom-fan; 12-21-2009, 04:56 AM.

Well, a lot of people have been put off by a few of her own fans, which is mildly ironic. It's like those terrifying pre-teens who rabidly assault anyone who doesn't love Twilight with every soon to be broken bone in there soon to be shattered body. Some, and I feel the need to point out not all, of her fans tend to be a little crazy. As in I sometimes expect death threats for not declaring my love for Jill. I wish that was one of my ironic jokes, but I honestly expect it on occasion. And a lot of people's dislikes from her fans has spilled onto the character. Not mine, but then I'm a lot more...analytical than many who get quite upset over things like this.

On a more practical note, there has recently been a lot of Jill. In Umbrella Chronicles she was a main character in three out of four of the main scenarios. She had a major role to play in RE5, even if many didn't enjoy that role, and is the star of two new additional scenarios for RE5. I think she even stared in a golfing game or something. A lot of those who can still stand her have reached there Jill tolerance and want, if not an end to her tale, at least a break from it.

Personally, I'd prefer to not see Jill in the next game. But that doesn't mean I don't expect to see her return further down the line. Resident Evil has never had the same cast members in the same game one after another for a reason, to help relatively hollow characters maintain there lifespan in the publics eye. Given the backlash at Jill it's time she took a rest. Time can heal a lot of wounds in people's fandoms and help them grow more mellow about things they can't forgive.

Comment

Ugh, do we really need an entire thread for this?

Just like I've said in another thread, if you want a character in a game that is more or less story-driven, the character needs a purpose to be in said game. Both UC and RE5 wrapped up Jill's and Chris' stories that started with RE1 (Capcom even used Jill's infection and the vaccine she was given in RE3 in RE5 story - something that probably was nothing more than a plot twist in RE3 used just so Carlos could be a playable character for several minutes). Right now there's really no way those characters could evolve more, because RE5 already recapped Jill's and Chris' story from the last 10 years, therefore using them once again would be just boring story wise.

And while we're at it, I have a question too - why do you want her as a main char in another game?
      Because of story? Well, RE5 gave us more story about Jill than the game in which she starred - RE3 - did.
      Because you want to play as her? Incoming "Lost in Nightmare" and "Desperate Escape" says hello.

Comment

Jill has been pretty much wrapped up with Resident Evil 5 and prior, even to the extent when in Umbrella Chronicles and the death of Wesker, both her and Chris finished off most of what Umbrella was left over their fall after Raccoon City. My answer is clearly no. Jill doesn't need to be a main protagonist again, even a game revolving around her. We will most likely have Jill mentioned or a cameo because her being one of the original 11 in the BSAA.

Comment

Mr Zombie, do us a favour and don't reply to a thread you don't want no part off.
          I understand there was going to be people like you here, and I did mention not in DLC form. I want her as a main in another game because I AM A MASSIVE FAN OF JILL.
          WHY ELSE WOULD I NOT WANT HER AS A MAIN.

I'M SICK OF LEON, I'M SICK OF CHRIS. I WANT JILL IN A GAME OF THERE LENGTH OF GAMEPLAY. WHY?, CAUSE I'M A FAN OF JILL.

WE ALL KNOW DEEP DOWN THAT THIS NEW DLC WON'T TAKE LONG TO FINISH AND IT'LL ONLY BLEND IN SOME LEFT OVERS.

AM I THE ONLY FAN OF JILL THAT MISSES HER NEMESIS DAYS.
          I HAVE LOVED THIS SERIES AND JILL TO MUCH TO WAIT ANOTHER 5 YEARS FOR JILL TO MAKE A COMEBACK THE WAY WE WANT HER TO COME BACK.

RESIDENT EVIL FANS HAVE CHANGED. THE SERIES JUST ISN'T THE SAME ANYMORE.

there is no way in hell i will just give up on Jill like you all have. She is too dam good of a character.
          Last edited by capcom-fan; 12-21-2009, 05:39 AM.

Comment

(DM, Zombie good job).

There's been far too much use of her in the recent games, with RE5 and AE's release - the game's end really wraps up Jill, Chris' plot and even though a fair amount of fans didn't like Battlesuit Jill - there was already the idea out there with REmake and it's scrapped costumes.

And I'm sorry, but after sending me a message on a simple response in the ideas for RE6 thread then I'm going to have to quote the PMs with responses as I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself again.

Originally posted by capcom-fan
            The Jill Valentine in Resident Evil 5 is not the same as the Jill we all know and love. I know she is in Resident Evil 5 but think back to Resident Evil 3 Nemesis and you might understand what I mean.

Her whole story of being cought by wesker and made into a matrix like fighter cuased by a gadget on her chest is not how I want to remember Jill Valentine.

I remember her escaping from a doomed city, tough as nails and facing off against one of the best bosses in the Resident Evil series.

not this action girl in a battle suit crap who does super backflips and dodges bullets. IT'S NOT RESIDENT EVIL.

I want her back to her original form, and hope she is the main character in the next Resident Evil and not just in DLC.

I do understand your complaint about my previous message, but Resident Evil 5 does no justice for the in my opinion the best character in Resident Evil.
            -------------------------
            Jill and Chris were the birth of this series, and I was pretty dissapointed to see Wesker go. For any fan not to want Jill for the next game is pretty huge mate.
            I have spoken to many fans about this same issue and they all agree that Jill must return in her own game.

Claire - Resident Evil Code Veronica
            Rebecca - Resident Evil Zero
            Leon - Resident Evil 4
            Chris - Resident Evil 5

Jill has not starred in a Resident Evil game since Resident Evil 3 Nemesis.
            It's been too long, and true fans demand her return as a main.
            I highly doubt it will happen and appearing directly in a sequence, when we take it into consideration she appears in:

RE1
            REmake
            RE3
            UC
            RE5
            RE5-AE

Not to mention a spot in the second film, as terrible as they are.

Sure, that sequence is broken up with DSC. Although DSC is a general rehash that was needed after UC, RE5 and soon to have RE5AE which has what? MORE JILL.

It's also not really caused by the "gadget" the device in itself is actually a delayed injector that plays off her dormant infection from RE3, keeping the virus in an active but neutral state. The plot overall featuring Jill has been finished.

The RE5 outfit and attack style was clearly rather like a rip-off Tekken's/Death By Degrees Nina Williams (or even a homage)*, when we also take into consideration that there are additional Jill scenarios being put into AE that have more of the "good old Jill", then it's clear that the next game should simply NOT feature Jill Valentine as a main character otherwise it would be simply overwhelming and would also be ignoring more than the other half of the fanbase who tire of Jill being used as simply marketing.

In short and in all honesty, I don't want Jill in the next game as essentially everything with her has been tied up whereas other characters and/or forgotten plots could still be used instead.

*I say this as I enjoy the Iron Fist/Tekken games and have also got Death By Degrees and personally I see that the general gameplay of Nina at a point and RE5 Battlesuit Jill are quite suspiciously similar.

And a couple of quotes from a person I was discussing this matter with before,

Originally posted by Other
            Capcom took a fan favorite heroine and brought her down to Wesker's level. A long, cruel road on her part met with, in the long run, guilt and pain. So naturally any fan that would rather she remained a perfect exact replica would not be for it. V_V;

But regardless it is the Jill we know. Turning her evil doesn't take away that deep down she's still the same Jill of RE3.

I would like Jill to star in another RE game, but the DLC is adding a fair amount of Jill heavy material for her character in RE5. This is what they did for Ada in RE4 basically.
            (Name removed from this quote).

In short, as I said before - no, if it happened it would be overuse of her as a character AND as a sales pitch, not to mention fairly redundant to have a direct plot featuring her as the main after RE5 is tied up with RE5AE. It's much more logical to tie up past plots that were started and never followed through, which in turn could bring up other plots and bring in other past characters once more before being finally considered as "done" (specifically referring to Sherry, Ada, Steve, The Organization and so-on that could have quite a large plotline branch and bring back other now "past" characters).

There is no need for Jill to be the main because of AE, which logically makes RE6 to have a separate plot and preferably one that ties things up, as that could easily be used to create the future plot.

Also, Capcom-Fan. You have no right to tell anyone that they have no right to post on an ONLINE. PUBLIC. FUCKING. FORUM.

We know the series isn't the same anymore, but it's not because they slightly changed a character that you're particularly a fan of.

Now, mate please. No caps lock please, or you could at least respect other's bloody opinions instead of doing what's now become considered as a standard enraged fan response because others' won't agree with you about your favorite character becoming the lead.

(Personally, I could shout to high hell that I want a prequel with Wesker being the lead in order to tie up past plots but I'm not going to give the general excuse of "... Because" and then get pissy about it).

My apologies about my language, but I swear I'm ever so tired of seeing Jill topics about this same old shit.

Go take a break from the computer, play RE3 or something.
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 12-21-2009, 05:40 AM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by capcom-fan View Post
              Mr Zombie, do us a favour and don't reply to a thread you don't want no part off.
              I understand there was going to be people like you here, and I did mention not in DLC form. I want her as a main in another game because I AM A MASSIVE FAN OF JILL.

I'M SICK OF LEON, I'M SICK OF CHRIS. I WANT JILL IN A GAME OF THERE LENGTH OF GAMEPLAY. WHY?, CAUSE I'M A FAN OF JILL.

WE ALL KNOW DEEP DOWN THAT THIS NEW DLC WON'T TAKE LONG TO FINISH AND IT'LL ONLY BLEND IN SOME LEFT OVERS.

AM I THE ONLY FAN OF JILL THAT MISSES HER NEMESIS DAYS.
              I HAVE LOVED THIS SERIES AND JILL TO MUCH TO WAIT ANOTHER 5 YEARS FOR JILL TO MAKE A COMEBACK THE WAY WE WANT HER TO COME BACK.

RESIDENT EVIL FANS HAVE CHANGED. THE SERIES JUST ISN'T THE SAME ANYMORE.
              Of course it has. Capcom changed it so it would make more money. It's that simple. To help sell copies of RE5 they used Jill, which is there right of course, although many people felt it wasn't an especially good use of the character and the story didn't especially need her presence. It would have been easy to not have there at all, honestly.

Most of us miss the good old days. I know I do. But Capcom has no reason to go back to that, and despite how you fee, we've had plenty of Jill. Just because you like the character and are sick of others doesn't mean that many others don't feel the opposite. Hell, I'd lay money that Leon will be in RE6. I can't stand his character since RE2, but I still think it will happen and that it's a good move on Capcom's part because he has a good fanbase and a recent lower level build up with Degeneration and Darkside. Of course, he's not who I want...

Simply being a fan of a character is not, however, enough reason to think she has to star in her own game. Indeed, it's posts like this that have given people such a bad view of Jill fans. And Jill. I mean, I love pizza. But I don't expect every food company to make pizza, nor everyone else to love meat feast. Just because it's your opinion doesn't make it any more valid than any other opinion.

And if you don't like people giving an opinion you don't like, then don't as for it. Do not post large block capital posts because you don't agree with another member, please.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom-fan View Post

(...)

I want her as a main in another game because I AM A MASSIVE FAN OF JILL.
                Okey, so this is another "I'M A JILL FAN AND WANT HER IN A GAME AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO USE LOGIC HERE" thread... Hence I've asked do we really need a thread for this - because the question you've asked was answered lots of times before, but you guys (and girls) constantly ask the same question and use the same argument over and over again - Jill should be a main in another game just because. Period.

And don't tell me where I can and can't reply, because even if I don't think this thread is necessery, I've given you an answer "why they don't want to see Jill Valentine in the next installment of Resident Evil". Yet you ignored that and rather bashed the first sentence in my post.

Also, about the post quoted by Enetirnel, I don't know why so many people don't understand that Battlesuit Jill that did all those matrix crap was just a mindcontrolled Jill, not real Jill? You want a strong heroine? She was willing to sacrifice her life to save Chris'; she was strong enough to survive several years while Wesker was using her for his experiments and as his body guard; she was strong enough to break from Wesker's control after so many years and while being exhausted after the two-on-two battle, she managed to escape from the ruins (Desperate Escape) and helped finishing Wesker off.

Yeah, running around city in a tube top and mini skirt is better to show her strong character.

You see what you want to see. RE5 gives Jill a lot more credit and define her character better than RE3 did, yet you ignore that. It's like MGS2 - you don't play as Solid Snake there (for the most part at least), you don't even fight with Metal Gear Ray as him (Raiden destroys 12 Rays instead), but nonetheless he plays a big role in the story and his character is still developed there.

EDIT:
                And about that "true fans demand her"... I'm also a Jill fan, but I'm more of a Resident Evil fan and I prefer a good story evolution than pointless use of characters just for the sake of it. If Capcom finds a way to use Jill in RE6 (or whatever next RE game will be called) in an interesting story, then great, I'm all for it. But if the only reason to use said character is "because fans want her!" than no, thank you very much, I'll pass.
                Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 12-21-2009, 06:09 AM.

Comment

"True fans demand her return as a main"...?

Well, I've just realised, I must not be a true fan then. You know, I've played every installment since 1996, been a dedicated fan for 13 years but damn.. I don't want Jill in RE6, I'm not a true fan. Thank you for pointing this startling realization out to me. Sheesh. I'm not a Jill fan, I'm a Resident Evil fan, and I like a lot of characters as much as Jill. It's not fair to force your opinion on others and although Jill's YOUR favourite character, there are as many fans who are sick of seeing her now. Around February, we even had to make an official Jill topic because the forum was getting flooded with Jill speak and people who wanted to discuss things other than Jill Valentine, couldn't do so. Like others have said in posts before, it's posts like yours that give Jill fans a really bad name in the community. Give me a valid reason why Jill deserves to be in her own game other than the fact that you like her.
                  Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 12-21-2009, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Capcom fan it's time for you go to bed. Have a nice sleep and wake up feeling fresh because you're sounding hysterical. It's 11 pm over at your place, I am sure your parents don't want to hear you type furiously and such.
                    Last edited by Zombie Fred; 12-21-2009, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Remember, folks, just because a member is not behaving well is not a reason to make personal comments. Moderati has spoken in a firm and authoritive tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Remember, folks, just because a member is not behaving well is not a reason to make personal comments. Moderati has spoken in a firm and authoritive tone.
                        Cthulhu is that you?

Comment

No, squishy mortal. Clearly not it is not I. Dead Cthulhu waits dreaming in his house at R'yleh.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            No, squishy mortal. Clearly not it is not I. Dead Cthulhu waits dreaming in his house at R'yleh.
                            A nightmare that I wish was now than soon

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                              Also, about the post quoted by Enetirnel, I don't know why so many people don't understand that Battlesuit Jill that did all those matrix crap was just a mindcontrolled Jill, not real Jill? You want a strong heroine? She was willing to sacrifice her life to save Chris'; she was strong enough to survive several years while Wesker was using her for his experiments and as his body guard; she was strong enough to break from Wesker's control after so many years and while being exhausted after the two-on-two battle, she managed to escape from the ruins (Desperate Escape) and helped finishing Wesker off.
                              EDIT:
                              And about that "true fans demand her"... I'm also a Jill fan, but I'm more of a Resident Evil fan and I prefer a good story evolution than pointless use of characters just for the sake of it. If Capcom finds a way to use Jill in RE6 (or whatever next RE game will be called) in an interesting story, then great, I'm all for it. But if the only reason to use said character is "because fans want her!" than no, thank you very much, I'll pass.
                              The unnamed person I quoted it from, that's only part of it but the whole thing was pretty much saying that even though she's mind controlled, in the end she's still herself after breaking that control the same goes for the factor that she was aware and as you said - was strong enough to survive and eventually break through it.

But thank you for saying it Zombie, pretty much exactly what I was trying to say.

And Alexia, your post gave me a laugh but I do have to agree with you - Capcom-fan, any reason for Jill to be a main again for the very next game? As I've said my thoughts on it repeatedly I'd like to hear your thoughts on it/ideas on how they could actually bring her back instead of what you've previously given.

(Also, again my apologies for my language and/or any personal comments).
                              sigpic
                              Non-blurry Signature Version
                              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                              X