Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Jill Valentine ever star again in her own game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I actually like Jill. She's probably my fav character in the entire series, next to Al, of course.

But we all know the awesome Mr. Amnesia (Ark Thompson) is more deserving for a main future starring in another game, so honestly, I could see Jill being featured in another game, but not being the main character like she was in Nemesis.

Comment

Jill's great and all but really theres not much to her character. She never really had great character development and sadly I think most of her fan base comes from the fact that he was designed to be attractive. Attractive female heroine who can survive escaping a perilous situation. Thats a recipe for nerd love right there.

For that I could see Capcom trying to use her again, because she will guarentee sales. However they cant really do anything plausible with her because theres not much more you can do. If she finds herself in another situation that could merit her own game...thats just ridiculous...nobody is that unlucky in life.

I think we are done with Chris/Jill/Rebecca as main characters, or at least I hope so. Although thinking about it...if giving another game to Jill and even having the worst storyline ever in a RE game...I think that would still be much better than a game with Leon again.

Comment

Honestly, just tryin to think of a continuation for RE is difficult for me to do. I agree with you wholeheartedly on the stuff regarding Jill, though.

I honestly can't picture any of the usual cast starring in their own game at this point. They might just start with scratch, and use random people, like they did in Outbreak. It depends. What would they even be fighting anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker_101 View Post
          Honestly, just tryin to think of a continuation for RE is difficult for me to do. I agree with you wholeheartedly on the stuff regarding Jill, though.

I honestly can't picture any of the usual cast starring in their own game at this point. They might just start with scratch, and use random people, like they did in Outbreak. It depends. What would they even be fighting anymore?

That can be arranged. After all this is a story where the producers can always choose a new way to resuse characters again and again and make them profitable and interesting again, Just look at Lara Croft... i hate her by the way lol.

A perfect example are the comic book characters: They exist for decades and yet are used reused, killed, resurected and people love them etc and they have appeared in multiple media SOOO...

I don´t see a problem at all using Jill.. i like her, But besides That. I'm also considering the possibilities in storyline and frankly they are endless with the creative teams. Also timelines for new adventures can always be tweeked.

First there are a few loose ends that could be developed: there is the Ada and Organization angle, there is the Sherry angle and...there is...
          the Red Qeen data angle...it is still out there...in Wesker's secret office if someone finds it...all those years of Umbrellas and Wesker's data...
          It will be hell again. Haven't people though about it?
          Even if it is with other characters they can always pick up older plot parts or even with some exclusive appearances with previous heroes or villains.

I have thought a thing or two on how to bring Jill and some other elements back to the scene and this is my idea, just a Summary and main points of what could happen ok? Not to impose to anyone.

AFTER RE5: This is storywise not mecanics...ok?

a) The government has taken Jill into custody on a military reasearch facility. Because they were informed by the BSAA HQ covert agents of what happened in RE5 , more or less, sending data regarding Jill's biology also.
          They want to keep her under the mycroscope/ analyse her just like they are doing/ did with Sherry and Manuela. and use her for research/ experiments.
          Great way to thank the heroes dam government!

b) Chris has been suspended by trying to assault the militaries who took Jill in. His part needs developement...

c) Jill gets to meet or see Sherry and Manuela. Unfortunatly there is a viral accident ( Explained why later or maybe you can suggest something) when Sherry and Manuela try to escape along with Jill. They soon join other survivors and face off numerous viral victims and other government BOW's.

The game is supposed to be long sooo..

d) Leon as a special agent with BOW experience has started to suspect the government's true intentions.
          He is called by the government ( not knowing the full facts) to eliminate the threat in the facility along with a special team before it spreads through the USA. He then procedes in choosing the teams members for such dangerous mission.Maybe ARK could Join!

But at least two people have been chosen by the government already:
          --- Ada - She works for the government after all ...so Jill and the others have been taken into the Organization who is a secret Department of the Government. Her mission along with-- Hunk-- Or maybe-- Nicolai--. choose lol, (now hired by the Organization) is to retrive/capture dead or alive the women to another facility, also retrieving some battle data from the BOW's, all this unknown to Leon so expect to see: a Jill versus Ada.

He then decides to contact Chris before going into mission, after seeing one of the facility's videos where he recongnizes Jill (because he might have met her along with Chris after CODE VERONICA and knew also about the events of 5 ) she is seen along with two other women. Soon Chris joins the team to free her and there we have it!

Later revelations will be made transformations will be caused, new and old villains appears, main characters die, and in the end the nightmare is unleashed...worldwide....and finally a damn kiss will be given lol

Well maybe i will try to develop it more when i have time. Or not lol

Just hope you people liked my idea

Peace out.
          Last edited by Revultraknight; 12-23-2009, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Here's an idea I was tempting in my twisted mind.

RE6 should be an all or nothing event to tie up the series. That means Claire and Leon need to team up in an outbreak story that is worth telling (Sorry Degeneration, but its true ;>_>).

==SPOILER ALERT==

Premise: Wesker is dead. With Tricell undergoing investigation from the U.S. Government; parasite infected still run amuck through various parts of the world. Terrorists are using viral tactics as a means to promote fear. Worse yet are reports of another type of biohazard threat. A hybrid mutation of the T-virus and Las Plagas created from an unknown organization rumored to be based somewhere in Asia. Their only lead to this faceless corporation stem from photos of a mysterious woman in red discovered near the scene of these outbreaks.

Leon S. Kennedy recieves a mysterious package with the letter "S" written on it. Inside is a disc that says "play me" with a photo of a familliar face. The photo depicts a young blonde woman around her 20s, but the features are uncanny. Since her disappearance from Government hands years ago, Leon has finally found a tip-off of Sherry's whereabouts.

Leon contacts Claire about the package he recieved with Sherry's picture. She comes over and they both listen to the disc. A familliar voice from Claire's past is heard and leaves her terrified. Leon listens in:

"Are you there agent? If so, you are probably the last man standing. Now perhaps you will succeed where the others have failed. You think you will walk away untested. I promise that my work will continue. You think it's over just because I'm dead. It's not over. The games have just begun."

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
              Jill's great and all but really theres not much to her character. She never really had great character development
              That's what I said too, none of the characters have that much character devellopment, they just react to things pretty much like joe average would. Oh and I love her new "heroin junkie" face. She looks more like a dreamer to me. <3

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                That's what I said too, none of the characters have that much character devellopment, they just react to things pretty much like joe average would. Oh and I love her new "heroin junkie" face. She looks more like a dreamer to me. <3
                Yeah.
                Jill RE1: professional special forces member
                Jill RE3: professional street walker
                jill RE5: Trinity after years of hard drug abuse and being a professional street walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                  Here's an idea I was tempting in my twisted mind.

RE6 should be an all or nothing event to tie up the series. That means Claire and Leon need to team up in an outbreak story that is worth telling (Sorry Degeneration, but its true ;>_>).

==SPOILER ALERT==

Premise: Wesker is dead. With Tricell undergoing investigation from the U.S. Government; parasite infected still run amuck through various parts of the world. Terrorists are using viral tactics as a means to promote fear. Worse yet are reports of another type of biohazard threat. A hybrid mutation of the T-virus and Las Plagas created from an unknown organization rumored to be based somewhere in Asia. Their only lead to this faceless corporation stem from photos of a mysterious woman in red discovered near the scene of these outbreaks.

Leon S. Kennedy recieves a mysterious package with the letter "S" written on it. Inside is a disc that says "play me" with a photo of a familliar face. The photo depicts a young blonde woman around her 20s, but the features are uncanny. Since her disappearance from Government hands years ago, Leon has finally found a tip-off of Sherry's whereabouts.

Leon contacts Claire about the package he recieved with Sherry's picture. She comes over and they both listen to the disc. A familliar voice from Claire's past is heard and leaves her terrified. Leon listens in:

"Are you there agent? If so, you are probably the last man standing. Now perhaps you will succeed where the others have failed. You think you will walk away untested. I promise that my work will continue. You think it's over just because I'm dead. It's not over. The games have just begun."
                  Sounds like a bad Resident Evil plot mixed with a bad Saw movie plot. No Leon, no Claire. Use someone new, throw in references to other Resident Evil characters that we all love and know and come up with something a little better plot wise.

Capcom is in a bad place with Resident Evil right now. They shouldn't of said they were doing a reboot because now I fear whatever they will do people will still whine. Start over fresh with new characters, new story = "They should of stuck with older characters and plot elements that we know..this game sucks...ill bitch about it on a messege board!

Using current characters revolving around story elements we know = I thought they were rebooting? This game fails, I don't want to play as Jill Valentine again...I don't want to play as Leon either...GIVE ME SOMEONE NEW".

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                  Yeah.
                  Jill RE1: professional special forces member
                  Jill RE3: professional street walker
                  jill RE5: Trinity after years of hard drug abuse and being a professional street walker.
                  Alright well I'm not defending Jill here, because honestly I could care less what outfit any game character wears. The whole street walker thing is a bit tired though. So basically a tube top and short skirt = hooker? Have you guys not ever been outside? Have you ever socialized outside of an internet community? I mean argument doesn't really apply that well here since you know Jill is fictional and all but still. I must of picked up the wrong version of Resident Evil 3. In my version, I have to escape Raccoon City and battle Nemesis. In the version most of you had, you apparently had to dodge Nemesis, escape Raccoon City and give out handjobs/blowjobs to paying customers.

On another point though, the change is kinda good in regards to her appearance. Jill in RE1 to RE3 looked too different for such a short amount of time. I guess it would of worked better had their been a remake of 3 with Jill designed to look like Miss Voth. I don't know about anyone else, but after the RE1 remake...when I think of Jill from that game I think of that image...not what she was in the original version of the game. Moving on though, how she looked at the end of RE5 fits for me. Chris and Sheva basically looked fine despite going through hell...Jill though looked tired and beaten down like she was tired of all this shit...thats pretty much how any character should feel at this point.

Look at Leon for example. He looked like a douchebag in RE2, more of a douchebag in RE4 and in Degeneration he looked like a poorly animated douchebag. Didn't really strike me like he was tired of this shit, although he is working for the government. You'd think with his job though he'd look a little more tired of it then he did in his last appearance.
                  Last edited by Darinl1979; 12-25-2009, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
                    Sounds like a bad Resident Evil plot mixed with a bad Saw movie plot. No Leon, no Claire. Use someone new, throw in references to other Resident Evil characters that we all love and know and come up with something a little better plot wise.

Capcom is in a bad place with Resident Evil right now. They shouldn't of said they were doing a reboot because now I fear whatever they will do people will still whine. Start over fresh with new characters, new story = "They should of stuck with older characters and plot elements that we know..this game sucks...ill bitch about it on a messege board!

Using current characters revolving around story elements we know = I thought they were rebooting? This game fails, I don't want to play as Jill Valentine again...I don't want to play as Leon either...GIVE ME SOMEONE NEW".
                    I agree with paragraph 1.

The rest. Well, you fall into a similar category. Those who whine about the whiners. I see it a lot, it's funny and kinda hypocritical. Often from the same people too. Just get over it. Yeah people are gonna whine, and yeah some will no matter what. It doesn't make you look any better than them, not that it makes you look worse either. This is what happens in communities regarding long-running multi-sequel series.

Merry Christmas to you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Claire FTW. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                        I agree with paragraph 1.

The rest. Well, you fall into a similar category. Those who whine about the whiners. I see it a lot, it's funny and kinda hypocritical. Often from the same people too. Just get over it. Yeah people are gonna whine, and yeah some will no matter what. It doesn't make you look any better than them, not that it makes you look worse either. This is what happens in communities regarding long-running multi-sequel series.

Merry Christmas to you.
                        I wasn't whining or complaining about anything, I was simply stating how people will react to anything that Capcom does with Resident Evil. I guess Santa didn't bring you that comprehension skill that you oh so badly need.

Comment

I think Claire will be the next to get her own game. The whole Sherry thing is still up in the air, and her feelings for Steve as well so she has a score to be settled. Thing is it would probably have to be set before RE5 since Wesker has Sherry, and i'm not sure that would go down so well.

Comment

I think RE 6 would do it self good if it had a bunch of files or intro in the beginning of the game that explained some of the lose ends of story and then start the game with new characters. No I don't want to see Jill anymore or Chris or Leon for that matter, I could use some more Barry.

Comment

To be honest, I think the next Resident Evil 6 game should have fresh new characters as the protagnists or use one of the forgotten characters (Billy, Carlos, Rebecca, Sherry, or Barry) or Ada. I haven't seen these five since like forever.

I would like to see someone else besides Chris, Jill, Leon, and Clarie.
                              Last edited by Tentagami; 01-03-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

FYI don't forget Rebecca was the protagonist on RE Zero

Comment

Working...
                                X