4-D Executor discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-D Executor discussion

Mainly a story discussion. Somebody, somewhere in THiA, said something about not many people arguing whether Executor was canon or not.

So, what do you think of it? Do you think it's canon? Do you think it isn't?

I've also made this thread as I have recently had an unhealthy obsession over Dr. Cameron.

Anyone else think that Cameron is, like, Spoiler:
    ?

So, yeah. Discuss!

Its not canon.

Comment

What does canon mean?

Comment

^ I hope I'm wording this right: Within something's universe. Like, for example, the Resident Evil movies are not in the same canon as the Resident Evil games. I hope I explained this well enough.

Comment

Yes, you did. Thank you.

I'm conflicted whether or not he is.

Comment

They've never actually stated if it's canon or not, just like Dead Aim.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

^ I've always thought Dead Aim was canon. Either way, whether Dead Aim or Executor is canon or not, it wouldn't affect the storyline much. Unless, there's a new storyline ready to pop up! (Dr. Cameron v. Fong Ling! )

But then again, we all know they'll probably be left to gather dust. That makes me sad.

Comment

Personally, I hope it's canon as we never saw some of the other U.B.C.S. teams aside from some random members of the teams.

Their team title (Alpha, and so-on) is never mentioned, but within the files in RE3 it mentions from Alpha to Echo U.B.C.S. teams if my memory is correct.

I personally would find it interesting (especially if it would also explain Gaiden... >_>; ), it would make sense make sense with a couple of things tied into the plot around the 1998 time period.

(Ray, I'd like to see Dr. Cameron again though).
                Last edited by Enetirnel; 01-14-2010, 07:13 AM.
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

^ I agree, I'd like to see Cameron again also.

Comment

Whilst Dead Aim refers specificaly to the events of Raccoon City, Umbrella, t-virus, etc, and the past outbreak, (I consider it a main title, as important, if not more, than Biohazard 5), 4DExecutor does not specificaly refer to any of the series events or people, and does not even name-check its location as Raccoon City ~ Dr Cameron is the most effective B.O.W with both trans-mutation & non-detection abilities ~ I love her, but I would defer to an official statement from Capcom on its cannonicity ~ at present I think it's 50/50 ~ it doesnt seem to have any direct contradictions like infamous Gaiden!
                    Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 01-14-2010, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Its canon in the respect that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that it is not. Being in the same universe as the games also helps it out quite a bit. Unlike say, the comics.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 01-14-2010, 07:54 AM.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Pretty much. It doesn't contradict anything, so as far as canon goes it "fits in" (but lack of info makes it hard to say where it would supposedly fit)

But in general, given its origin, function and purpose, I think it's safe to bet it's not really to be considered canon. It's probably something one shouldn't really expect to see future references to through official channels (besides maybe being listed in some sort of archive collection, of the type that covers products within the franchise.)

Comment

I think if it were not for Dr Cameron's particularily effective abilities, especially the 'camourflage', then 4D would get far less mention. It is a great piece of film, and I enjoyed it as much (despite its far shorter length) as Degeneration. I agree it fits ok ~ I think there was a post @ PU regarding its potential date just prior to the latter stages of RE3?

Comment

September 30th would be an alright date, the National Guard still hadn't closed off all the roads (allowing the UBCS team to enter and exit) and Umbrella were deploying their Hunter Betas at the same time.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

aaah I knew you would be on this one P; I would like to see it incorporated into the final days of Raccoon City, as unlike other canon debated material, the content & storyline of 4d is great survival horror. Maybe Dr Cameron is too perfectly dangerous for a future appearance ~ who could match her!?

Comment

Working...
                              X