Lost in Nightmare / Desperate Escape [Spoiler Discussions go here]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Nightmare / Desperate Escape [Spoiler Discussions go here]

DLC related spoilers belong in this thread (for now) - Open discussion of these will be... let's say... I dunno... Mid-March or something. Okay?

Please try to be kind and use spoiler tags - both here and when evt. making other threads or talking about it in other threads (not using them outside of this is a big no no! Warning -> Infractions!)

Yeah. Yeah. We know the basics of the scenarios already, but just in case there are some secrets and/or surprises lurking to be discovered and all that! So be nice and considerate!

Now, play nice everyone!

Xbox LIVE Marketplace links;
    Resident Evil 5 - Games on Demand - 3600 MS Points

Versus - 400 MS points

Lost in Nightmares - 400 MS points
    Desperate Escape - 400 MS points

Extra Figures - Free
    Costume Pack 1 - 160 MS points
    Costume Pack 2 - 160 MS points

Untold Stories Bundle - 960 MS points
    Last edited by Carnivol; 03-10-2010, 09:52 AM.

Ugh, I know it's only one extra day but it feels like an eternity waiting for the dlc, especially when others will be playing it all day. I guess it's better to wait though since it apparently won't take too long to beat.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Lost In Nightmares and 1st Costume Pack is already out on XBL: LINK

The scenario's size is 537mb, and costume pack's is 128mb.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 02-17-2010, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Okay. Me and James just did a run.

The initial mansion area is pretty cool. Full of random nods to RE1. There's not a whole lot of enemies (think maybe 10 in total - counting the boss fight). Level score is affected by points gathered through getting "stars" (enemies drop stars, rats/snakes/spiders drops stars, some crates drop stars and there are also 18 BSAA emblem-like stars scattered around the entire level)

The length of it was much longer than what I first anticipated for something like this. Not sure how some of the aspects of it will play out in single player without a player as co-op partner.

Like with the main game, beating it unlocks Professional difficulty and a Jill & Chris figurine (together). There are plenty of files in the entire thing, but me and James had problems reading what I guess would be the 3rd file in the computer room (the option was there, but pressing the button did nothing) Maybe a one time bug? Will know once we I play again.... I guess (or someone else confirms it)

Comment

As far as I could tell, there were eight files in all, all of which on the first stage. 7 of them were new, one was an old favourite. Just a one time bug with the file there I imagine.

Also, next time you play examine the main hall front door a few times for a very nice surprise...
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

What were those files about?
            Also, were puzzles only about fetching an item and using it somewhere else or were there really puzzles (something like water sample from RE3, gallery from RE1 etc.)?
            Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 02-17-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Anyone else have problems with getting "Must've Got Lost" (Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on any difficulty setting.) to trigger properly?

It triggers, but it doesn't upload to LIVE or something. Me and James have that + Night Terrors + Kung Fu Fighting, but only the latter two show up on Xbox.com and when we compare achievements for the game.

Comment

I've got exactly 9 files, I've them transcribed into Spanish. Actually TheBatMan is right, there's only 8 but I separate:

Spoiler:

I found the episode a bit short, so you finish it in two hours if you trace it all rooms.
                Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I'm a little dissapointed, only had the game two and a half hours and i have 3 out of 5 of the achievements.
                  Just gotta figure out how to defeat wesker properly and find the rest of the score stars.
                  It's just too darn short.
                  I love the little easter eggs such as the fixed camera angle and i love the mansion, it made things right for me once again, i just wish it was longer and harder, the puzzle section was far too easy and short

Comment

Personally, I loved it.

Spoiler:

I can’t believe how many times I actually jumped out of my shoes, scared. I knew the test subjects were laying around the sewers, but every time I was grabbed by one, I flipped out. And the Guardian enemies were really quite unnerving as well. I even jumped when that stupid little bat crashed through the window in one of the mansion’s corridors. Small things like that were very pleasing. So, I’m extremely happy in the “scare” department. Nicely done.

Spoiler:

Music was great, too. A nice return to the slow, ambient stuff and the music you hear at the very end of the scenario when they give your score was just all-together nostalgic.

Playing some Mercenaries Reunion now. I tried Folklore (or, uh, Fairy Tale) Sheva first and received a “SS” on my first try. The old tricks from the original Mercenaries still work, which is a little disappointing but the rearranged time and new enemies threw me off.

Oh, and before I forget...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      Anyone else have problems with getting "Must've Got Lost" (Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on any difficulty setting.) to trigger properly?

It triggers, but it doesn't upload to LIVE or something. Me and James have that + Night Terrors + Kung Fu Fighting, but only the latter two show up on Xbox.com and when we compare achievements for the game.
                      I've reported this to Capcom Unity, Microsoft Xbox Support and Capcom Europe. Hopefully between the three of them it'll get sorted out.

Apparently we jumped onto the DLC too early, and Xbox Live wasn't ready for us.

Comment

Been playing more of Mercenaries Reunion. Definitely more intense than regular Mercenaries, which is great.

Spoiler:

Excella, despite all my problems with her as a character, is a blast to play in Mercenaries, as expected. I can't believe how strong all the characters are. It's great.

Comment

Just finished playing it, and I loved it . Sure it was very short, but still very fun, and felt so much like classic Resident Evil!

I would like to know, is you know in the first trailer where it shows a cutscene of Chris grabbing Jill before she falls, is that in the acual game, or was it a trailer only thing? Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Comment

Nice. It has atmosphere, nice music, scare moments, the new enemy is badass but it was too damn short! I wanted moar of Spencer's state.
                            Spoiler:

Mercenaries Reunion is nice, but shame on Capcom by not adding the whole gang to the mode. It would've been a blast having Barry teaming with Wesker or Jill. It breaks my heart, but I'll take Barry & Becca anyway!
                            Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 02-17-2010, 01:07 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

i cant believe how easy the game was on professional mode but yet i still cant get the achievement for defeating wesker.
                              I agree the mansion area was far too small, and nothing in the way of classic puzzles, it was all basic stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X