• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. None of that piracy talk. Kthx.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      Yeah. None of that piracy talk. Kthx.
      Agreed, the only downloading of games I condone are beta's or ROM's of ones you actually own the disc and or cart of. Otherwise like Carnival said, no talking of this please.

This a grey area that Dot and most other members don't like talking about.

Like I said it's an incredibly cheap find at $20ish and you should just go that way and download the Utopia Boot CD. This way we could avoid this conversation ;)

__________________________________________________ ________________

Back to RE2 I found that the DC version allows you to get more headshots with the handgun and also that animations are much smoother looking. One thing that nags me is that when you use the upgraded shotgun to blow the zombies upper torso away, the blood pallet is missing. A lot of the blood pallets are missing in fact.

The N64 version has all of them though and I love the loading speed of this games. It's instant fast! But the main gripes I have is the sound compression, background compression, fmv compression, and fewer polygon models.. Otherwise this is a classic RE games that I love to death!!
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-14-2010, 10:06 PM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Isn't there a Hunter located somewhere in this version of RE2?

If so, is it in one of those videos?

Comment

There's a dead hunter in the lab where the stasis tubes have all been broken. There aren't any alive in the labs though (except in Outbreak, of course.)

Comment

Ah, nice. This is still the only version I haven't played and am actually looking into buying it. Looks like the ultimate version to me.

Is battle mode still included in this version?

Comment

Claire A - Part 15 finished! FINALLY, I understand the YouTube tags here!

After nearly a month of actually uploading the Part, Part 15 is fully complete and ready for proper viewing! Expect lots of commentary here and video auto-pausing abuse! Plus some --questionable-- moments here and there.

YouTube video:

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
              Agreed, the only downloading of games I condone are beta's or ROM's of ones you actually own the disc and or cart of. Otherwise like Carnival said, no talking of this please.

This a grey area that Dot and most other members don't like talking about.
              I see. Then I'll keep this in mind when mentioning or posting about piracy here.
              Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 06-22-2010, 02:18 AM. Reason: FINALLY, I understand the YouTube tags here!
              If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

I recently did a comparison between all version of RE2:

The Gamecube version has identical audio to the PSX version, but the Gamecube's internal DAC is far better than that of a PSX and thus sounds clearer, crisper, and more spacious. The N64 sounds horrid and very overly compressed. Also the sound has artifacs. The PC/DC versions had compressed audio as well since they are essentially the same games.

The PSX backgrounds look better to me as the Gamcube has stretched ones (to fit 640x480). The PC's seem compressed as well as the DC's. The N64's are very compressed and super low resolution.

For player/enemy models I vastly thought the DC version had better models. Well I mean resolution of the models. The N64 has lower polygon models while the PSX/PC/DC/GCN all have the same polygon count, just that each systems GPU makes them look different. The GCN had very high res models, but textures were still pixelated. The PC had smooth textured, but they tended to blur. The DC has the right balance.

Framerate was best from the PC, about 60FPS. The PSX was 15FPS or so, DC was 30FPS as well the GCN was the same. The N64 also had 30FPS.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Resident Evil 2 - Nintendo 64 version - 7/2/2010 Part 16

YouTube video:

FINALLY Commentary for PART 16 is now finished! I am so close to the end, just two more parts for the final conclusion of Claire A's Scenario! I'm quite happy here!
                  Originally posted by ZOMBIE_FETUS View Post
                  Isn't there a Hunter located somewhere in this version of RE2?

If so, is it in one of those videos?
                  As Darkmoon has said, there is a single one. I don't happen to encounter it until I get to the Leon B scenario. It's not even anything particularly special, really. But when I finally get to it, I'll definitely around to uploading it here.

I highly appreciate the enthusiasm seen here, but I feel that after the Claire A scenario done, I'm gonna take a break from Resident Evil. It's nearly been three months since I've started uploading this series on YouTube, and annotating all the commentary has been quite a lot work and quite a commitment for me, which was more than I expected it to be. But I definitely enjoyed the attention this PEMNAS series is getting and I look forward to doing the Leon B scenario after my Sonic 3D Blast Saturn run, which I plan to do after this Claire A scenario. =)

Stay tuned for the next two/three parts folks!
                  Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 07-03-2010, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Resident Evil 2 - Nintendo 64 version - 7/7/2010 Part 17

Part 17 commentary is now complete!

YouTube video:

I am so close to the end, just two more parts for the final conclusion of Claire A's Scenario! We're are THAT close to the game's final boss and ending!! We don't know if Claire will survive this whole ordeal or not, but let us have faith for her in the final showdown as it will be one of the most intense battles in the entire game!

Ah, nice. This is still the only version I haven't played and am actually looking into buying it. Looks like the ultimate version to me.
                    Meh, in terms of gameplay (with the Item Randomizer), it sure is a pretty competent port/version. But for the quality of the presentation, sound and FMVs, and the extra modes, stick to the GameCube or Dreamcast versions.

Is battle mode still included in this version?
                    Nope. But there are the Hunk and Tofu modes. =) AND you can even just unlock them with a simple code! =D

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      I recently did a comparison between all version of RE2:

The Gamecube version has identical audio to the PSX version, but the Gamecube's internal DAC is far better than that of a PSX and thus sounds clearer, crisper, and more spacious. The N64 sounds horrid and very overly compressed. Also the sound has artifacs. The PC/DC versions had compressed audio as well since they are essentially the same games.

The PSX backgrounds look better to me as the Gamcube has stretched ones (to fit 640x480). The PC's seem compressed as well as the DC's. The N64's are very compressed and super low resolution.

For player/enemy models I vastly thought the DC version had better models. Well I mean resolution of the models. The N64 has lower polygon models while the PSX/PC/DC/GCN all have the same polygon count, just that each systems GPU makes them look different. The GCN had very high res models, but textures were still pixelated. The PC had smooth textured, but they tended to blur. The DC has the right balance.

Framerate was best from the PC, about 60FPS. The PSX was 15FPS or so, DC was 30FPS as well the GCN was the same. The N64 also had 30FPS.
                      Graphically the PC and DC versions are best. However the DC version has wonky controls.

The N64 version also has expansion pak compatability that allows for hi-res graphics (you see the pixelated textures better).
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Resident Evil 2 - Nintendo 64 version - 7/19/2010 Part 18

Commentary for Part 18 is now completely finished!!

YouTube video:

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is it. In this part, I'm finally going to face the final boss of the Claire A scenario, G! During the recording, I was anxious. I knew of not having saved my game in the entire run, so I was risking everything.

Give it a watch, there's also lots of trash talking too.

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        However the DC version has wonky controls.
                        If BIOHAZARD 3 for DC is any indication, I wouldn't mind it that much if it weren't for having to use the analog R & L Triggers on the DC.
                        The N64 version also has Expansion Pak compatibility that allows for hi-res graphics (you see the pixelated textures better).
                        Don't forget the improved load times. This port is ideal if you hate having to wait for the game to load each time you open a door or when you open up the inventory screen. I recall playing the PSX version, and I would sometimes dread the loading times.

Comment

Ah yes but the FMV's on the N64 are horrible low quality. X_X

Comment

Horrible? Nah. They're just not DVD quality videos.

Horrible would be if you only saw static screens with written dialogue and 8 bit background music. Sorta like the N64 cutscenes from Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero. Those were horrible.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Horrible? Nah. They're just not DVD quality videos.

Horrible would be if you only saw static screens with written dialogue and 8 bit background music. Sorta like the N64 cutscenes from Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero. Those were horrible.
                              These aint much better bro.

Comment

Yeah the compression is insane in these man.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X