Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 1 Beta,08/04/1995 (read post #100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKeijiDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Anders View Post
    3. The actual disc is stolen property. If it was sent to a magazine, it was supposed to be returned to Capcom/ their publisher/ PR agency. If it was an internal Capcom disc, some employee picked it up and made some money. If this could be tracked down to that person, he could be fired and all that stuff.
    I'm curious here. How would it get tracked back to the original owner? Is there a particularly-made NDA or something?

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
    1. So let me get this straight, everyone here would much rather receive "information" about this beta rather than playing it?

2. He just came across as a selfish douche with his wordings. Perhaps he meant to say something else or put it in a different way? I don't know.

3. Though I'm going to ask this one question: What would happen to the original owner who sold Robert a copy? Isn't that breaking some sort of contract rule and grounds for legal trouble? It's a serious question, not to flame or insult anyone here.
    1. Obviously not. But it doesn't really help to beg for it, no matter if R_K has "legit" motives or not for not sharing.

2. I agree, he came off as a show-off. *Look what I got that you don't have!* As you, I'm unsure if that was his meaning... Could have been handled better anyway.

3. The actual disc is stolen property. If it was sent to a magazine, it was supposed to be returned to Capcom/ their publisher/ PR agency. If it was an internal Capcom disc, some employee picked it up and made some money. If this could be tracked down to that person, he could be fired and all that stuff. Legal troubles beyond being fired, I don't know. Maybe not for this, but for a recent game currently in production? Yep.

Leave a comment:

• VirusPunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
    Why would you hope that nobody wants to release it? No offense, but that sounds very rude. There is a big difference between someone who wants to release something, and someone who just simply can't release something. There ARE people who have paid a lot for prototypes and betas, and have leaked them. Although I do understand your situation regarding the beta. You are not the original owner, and you don't want to get anyone in trouble. I can appreciate that. It's just that it sounds like, from what you just said, that you don't want anyone having the beta. Personally, as I said before, I could care less about this beta, since it's just some minor things, and I'm much more interested in 1.5.

I understand and respect your decision. I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble either. But that being said, if you happened to obtain 1.5, you wouldn't release that either. So what good is it whenever somebody obtains a damn beta and won't leak it?
    You hit the nail on the head there. Exactly my point.

Robert Kendo doesn't want this beta released at all from him or anyone else, at least that's what I've gathered by reading his posts. But then again, his English is poor so maybe we're just misunderstanding his real meaning here?

If he would've said; "I don't think anyone should release this beta if it means getting into legal trouble". That would've been fine.

So let me get this straight, everyone here would much rather receive "information" about this beta rather than playing it? Doesn't make any sense to me, but like I said before it's the forums majority rule here. I personally would much rather play it than get information about it. If he can't release it though, that's fine. I'm not going to argue with anyone here anymore as no one listens to me anyway from my point of view.

He just came across as a selfish douche with his wordings. Perhaps he meant to say something else or put it in a different way? I don't know.

While this beta may not be as interesting as 1.5, it still would be great to play regardless. Closer to 1.5 than this community has ever gotten. Whatever, doesn't matter to me anymore anyway. He's already made up his mind, and I can't force him to release it since this is the Internet.

Though I'm going to ask this one question: What would happen to the original owner who sold Robert a copy? Isn't that breaking some sort of contract rule and grounds for legal trouble? It's a serious question, not to flame or insult anyone here.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    How so?
    I suppose it's no different to any other comparably popular franchises. They all have their rabid fanbases. But Bio 1.5 has become one of the more legendary titles when it comes to prototypes.

Simply put it has been given too much attention.

It's too valuable to share (not only 1.5, but any considerably different RE proto). Even if you didn't consider your monetary loss by releasing a proto, it's a wasted opportunity. You need it to trade for other betas, as most people won't give stuff up for free even if you did just that. And when you've done that, say you've traded 1.5 for 3.5 or whatever (to be extreme), and you don't care about the money.. do you release both the protos you have aquired? In that case, you screw the guy you traded with royally over, as he can't use any of his now two rare protos for further trades.

Showing stuff off like R_K and this JC guy generally doesn't help. Then comes the whiners and the whole circus. Protos are best left hidden quietly away in a dark corner, UNTIL they hit the net, suddenly.

And from that comes the accusations about elitism and such... But the truth is that the public can't handle protos!

Though I'm sure that one day good stuff will hit the net. There ARE good people out there, and some wonderful day things will work out. Let's hope, anyway.

And let me finish with this:
    Q: What is the best way to get people to release protos?
    A: You flame them and attack their character until they hate you so much that they just release it.
    Last edited by Anders; 05-25-2010, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nemesiswontdie
    replied
    Originally posted by Anders View Post

Anyway, the RE community fucked itself in the ass (when it comes to getting betas [at a reasonable price]) years ago.

How so?

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure people are furious about not getting an outdated version of a 15-year old game,
    People ARE whining, in this very thread!

with its two unused items that surely were so essential to the title, they would have doubled the sales had they been left in.
    You know that that's not the point.

Anyway, the RE community fucked itself in the ass (when it comes to getting betas [at a reasonable price]) years ago. Though I guess you can't really blame people for being excited.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie_X
    replied
    Yeah, I'm sure people are furious about not getting an outdated version of a 15-year old game, with its two unused items that surely were so essential to the title, they would have doubled the sales had they been left in.
    Lol sarcasm....

But yeah this beta is nothing special IMO. The gameplay looks about the same and the environments are slightly different. Not much to complain about on their end though as what's to gain from the whining? A beta with less than 10% of the game completed? Lol sorry but I had a bad day and it shows..

Now if it was 1.5, it would be a different story as it's a completely different game altogether.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    You guys are just fricking whining about stuff you can't have
    Yeah, I'm sure people are furious about not getting an outdated version of a 15-year old game, with its two unused items that surely were so essential to the title, they would have doubled the sales had they been left in.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Zombie
    replied
    Originally posted by rewak View Post
    Just ignore morons like VirusPunk Robert, it's a shame there isn't an "ignore" button on this forum to block out posts from a certain member, be pretty useful in situations like this
    Actually, there's is such a button - it's in a member's profile page ;)

About the beta - woah, how could I miss this thread?
    It's great to see those movies and high-quality pictures (I still remember seeing low-res blurry images from this beta on Bioflames ages ago ). Hope that, by looking through files, you'll find more interesting stuff like that Jill's beta texture.

Leave a comment:

• Project Omega
    replied
    It's funny, I was just looking at some of the old footage on my back-up drives the other day and videos of this beta came up. It was rather really compressed in terms of quality of video so thanks Robert for the boost in video quality!

Leave a comment:

• Gradon
    replied
    The Playthrough that Kevstah posted was from some other guy.
    Weird.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie_X
    replied
    I'm plenty happy to even have a little info on this build. I mean sure I really want to play it,but if it's not going to be released, then meh no big deal. Any information is welcomed on this build. Just keep the info rolling in Robert, OK? ;)

You guys are just fricking whining about stuff you can't have, too bad so sad, so get over it. There are obvious reasons why he won't release it and you guys should understand that, but instead you complain and make a scene. You guys are lucky he's even willing to give out all this info to us. He (Robert) isn't like Curator and would not flaunt his stuff.

So to all the whiners, just STFU! Seriously, just enjoy the info! It's probably all we are going to see of this beta, but it's more than enough!
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 05-25-2010, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rewak
    replied
    Just ignore morons like VirusPunk Robert, it's a shame there isn't an "ignore" button on this forum to block out posts from a certain member, be pretty useful in situations like this

As for opening the model files, for some reason i seem to recall a way of doing it years back but i can't remember the specifics, was it maybe in Milkshape? My memory sucks, and it was posted on the Bioflames forum which is down now. It might have also just been specific to the PC version. I think it was MarkGrass who found it out, but again, my memory sucks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
    but it seems,that its better to say nothing about any beta i get.
    Yes, it seems that way. But in the end, it all comes down to suppressing one's desire for attention – and here we are.

Leave a comment:

• BrionIrons
    replied
    Kendo I see your POV on not releasing it.I fully understand.You never know.You might be able to get your hands on 1.5 sooner or later.
    Last edited by BrionIrons; 05-25-2010, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X