Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else go back to the classics from time to time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I didn't mention side games before.

Survivor - When this came out and had Guncon support it was ace, unfortunately the G-Con would only work with PS1 so when I packed that console away I stopped playing it, I've tried a couple times over the years but its horrible without G-Con play and I usually turn it off before I even finish.
    Survivor 2 - This is terrible, I'm sorry for anyone who played it.
    Dead Aim - Never played it since first bought it, horrible game.
    Gaiden - Played through this maybe 3-4 times total and not touched it since very early 2000s.
    Outbreak - Yeah this wasn't online in Europe, it got one full playthrough when new and a few playthroughs here and there with me wanting to boot the console in because of the crap AI. Never to be played again, last played many years ago.
    Outbreak 2 - It was online! But still a horrible game, I last played this before servers went down I know that.
    Umbrella Chronicles - I quite love this, I probably pop it in once every few months now but play it a lot when I do, I played it to hell and back when first came out.
    Darkside Chronicles - Camera killed this game for me, one full playthrough and bits and pieces here and there. Maybe one really bored day I will go back to it but the last time I played it was the day all the PS3s went funny and unplayable, leap year day wasn't it? SO maybe in 4 years I'll try it again. Before that it was the week of release.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Lol forgot UC and DSC.

Played UC and did it all on hard with S ranks or whatever it was in a week and a half of owning it. Not played it since.

Played through DSC on Normal, couldn't be bothered for the S ranks or the extra ending to Operation Javier. Only keep it around for the RE2 section. Closest thing we'll get to a remake .

Originally posted by KylieDog
      Survivor - When this came out and had Guncon support it was ace, unfortunately the G-Con would only work with PS1 so when I packed that console away I stopped playing it, I've tried a couple times over the years but its horrible without G-Con play and I usually turn it off before I even finish.
      I hear you. Its not a great game but was ok with a lightgun. I just can't play it without one .

Comment

I recently beat BioRemake and Bio0 for Wii and GCN. Love that remake man! I had never beaten it before actually, but now I have!
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Completed RE3 again at the weekend. Fun.

As for side games, I never touch them at all. The only ones that have ever had a playthrough are DSC and UC.

Comment

I'm currently playing RE0 again. Not necessarily a classic but I've just beaten in twice and it's been a while so I want to remember it.
            http://www.residentevildatabase.com
            Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Didn't think you all would add the spin-offs, so I'll do it too heh

Survivor - I played it only once years ago, but didn't get to far. Seemed okay.
              Survivor 2 - Never played it ever. It's PAL so unfortunately won't work on my PS2 :/
              Dead Aim - I played this one years ago and it was actually pretty fun! It did feel creepy to go through areas, but I never got around to finishing it
              Gaiden - Played it once for just a little...felt odd.
              Outbreak - I absolutely was hyped for this game! Even on release, I loved the hell out of this game cuz you got to see the city happenings as the outbreak was taking over along with the citizens and what the police tried to do. Online was fun as hell and there were some people that I got along with really well. Really was one of my favorite RE games and also one of the first games I played online
              Outbreak 2 - I loved this, but not as much as the first one. They kinda made it more difficult too. Still played with familiar people and even played it as the online was pretty much dead.
              Umbrella Chronicles -I really liked this a lot, just seemed a little slow paced, but it was awesome to see some of what was pre-rendered backgrounds into fully 3D enviroments. Also liked to hear Wesker's side of things (even though his different voice actor kinda sucked...kinda Sean Connery-like?)
              Darkside Chronicles - I was totally hyped for this game from the first trailer. Why? RE2, that's why! This one felt more intense compared to Umbrella Chronicles and seemed more action packed. I just loved revisiting RE2 again in this way, but was hoping to see more of it like the original since some things were changed (obviously with Leon and Claire always together, but they had to do it that way anyway). All-in-all, was really awesome!

Comment

RE1 - Play it occasionally on the DS when I need a good laugh from the dialogue. It's impossible for me to take it seriously.

RE2 - One of my favorites in all categories. Probably a few times a year, both A/B stories.

RE3 - The puzzles in this one piss me off (I always have to use a guide for the harder ones), but otherwise it's a cool game. It's always reminded me of an add-on for RE2 than a full game, though. I play it occasionally.

RE CVX - I love this game's plot, depth, characters, and locations. However, the gameplay can get a bit dull. I would have preferred static camera angles, since more detail could have been added to some of the interiors. Still, I play this once a year or so, as it's easily the longest of the "classic" games.

Remake - Occasionally. Obviously way better than the original, and way creepier. Love the atmosphere of this game.

Zero - Occasionally, but less than Remake. Graphics are good, but gameplay lacks (no item boxes), and the characters just aren't as good as Remake's.

RE4 - The gameplay in this one is incredible. Sure, the story sucks, but the locations (especially the village) and the gameplay is just too addicting. Plus, Separate Ways is way longer and more interesting than RE5's DLC. I play this game all the time.

RE5 - A lot, but mostly since it's newer (RE4 is way better in my book). Been playing the DLC a lot lately.

UC - I play it once a year or so for the story and atmosphere. But, being a rail shooter, replay value isn't high.

DSC - See UC, above. Everything in this game is better than UC to me, except for lack of more weapons and side scenarios.

Outbreaks - If my brother didn't have my PS2 at the other end of the country, I'd play them weekly. I love these games; so much replay value!
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Playing Director's Cut Dual Shock Edition atm.

After that im gonna play RE2 .
                  sigpic
                  www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

I usually play Remake, 2, 3 and Code about twice a year. I'll go through 4 about once a year. Hard to say with 5 I have completed it alot in the past year but thats because its quite new out from now on though I'l probably play it once or twice a year. Ive been meaning to go through Outbreak but everytime I play it I really dont enjoy the game.

If it was still online co-op I'd definatley play it more but it seems boring on your own. The next RE game I'll go through is Zero and that will be as soon as I pick it up for the Wii. Oh and I've been meaning to play through Deadly Silence on the Ds.

Speaking of Deadly Silence is the co-op any good? My g/f got a Ds and I want to corx her into playing it. Not really sure if she will enjoy it though.

Comment

RE1: Haven't played this in quite some time, mainly because I have the Dual Shock Director's Cut with that awful remixed sountrack.

RE2: IMO the easiest and best pick up and play RE title, another reason it's my favorite. I remember doing playthroughs numerous times in quick succession last year.

RE3: I'm in the lower tier of overall video game skills, I couldn't dodge if my life depended on it, and I'm impatient. That said, every time I try to play RE3 I always tell myself I'm going to learn how to dodge properly. Never happens. I either stop playing at the first Nemesis encounter or just run away from him (until freeze rounds ftw) and continue on

RE:Survivor: Just beat this for the first time in a long time last year. Nice game to revisit.

RE CODE: Veronica X - I have an appreciation for this game's long winded pace. I wouldn't try to do a no save playthrough but unlike RE3, I've gotten this down pretty well (at least up to Chris in Antarctica). Of course, there are some frustrating aspects but for some reason that's always charmed me at the same time. It's funny that I just said I'm impatient, well this game is the exception. Maybe it's the music.

REmake - The second best pick up and play title for me. Still haven't unlocked the IRL but I'm working on it. There was this Invisible Enemy save I had that I still haven't finished

RE0 - Rare. I usually play this one when I go through every other game, and it usually ain't pretty. Often the most frustrating one to play, I just can't entice myself.

RE: Dead Aim - Just picked this one up recently. More or less like Survivor, a rare occurrence, but a fun one.

RE4 - Every once in a while I pop in this fun romp. By the time it gets to the island I'm burned out though.

RE5 - Haven't gone through this since the DLC came out. Not a huge fan of it.

Comment

Just last week, I beat Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. It was awesome and as good as I remembered. I still don't get why I played this one the least.

Should really get through Mad Jackal when I get the chance.

Comment

I also had to replay RE3 this past week but only because my old memory card died.

The main game went by pretty quick. Maybe I should've watched every cutscene to make it last longer. Nah, I just wanted to finish it fast. My fault.

I found myself being a bit rusty in the Mercenaries part. Getting old now?
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Darkside Chronicles-last week
                            Umbrella Chronicles-two weeks back
                            Resident Evil 2-play it about 4 weeks back
                            Resident Evil 3-ast played it in October should get back on it soon
                            Resident Evil 4-played on the wii about 4 months back
                            Resident Evil and remake-it was about 6 months ago
                            Resident Evil Gun Survivor-2 a year ago
                            Outbreak File 1-five months
                            Outbreak File 2-five months as well
                            Resident Evil Dead Aim- ugh two years back
                            Resident Evil Survivor-havent played in seven years

Resident Evil 5-last played it 2 months ago if I play 5 I only play the game know if im going on both Mercenaries or DLC I dout I will be in a rush any time soon for the story ugh it makes me feel sick thinking about it

Comment

Gonna attempt Resident Evil: Director's Cut again with a guide this time. No matter how many times I play this, I always get stuck and just die too much.

Comment

Was just playing RE2 on Dreamcast (LeonB).
                                Sooooooo good!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X